Windows 10: File paths

Discus and support File paths in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I quickly and easily see the full path of a Word document? If I open the Info page, the displayed path starts with 'Documents', but it's not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HowardEmmens, Jul 7, 2021.

1. File paths

How can I quickly and easily see the full path of a Word document? If I open the Info page, the displayed path starts with 'Documents', but it's not clear to me whether this is the OneDrive documents folder or the local one. I find it very easy under Windows 10 to lose track of where my documents are - it really is very muddly and not at all helpful. I know I complain a lot about Microsoft, but I think I have good reason.

:)

HowardEmmens, Jul 7, 2021

2. Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Jul 7, 2021
  3. Add a path to $PATH?

Yeah, I think you're right. I think the purpose of the echo command was to check if ~/bin was in the $PATH file. My problem is that I can't decipher the output and I don't know how to add ~/bin to the $PATH file.

Just for clarification, the snippet of instructions I gave is just a few steps in the installation process. Nothing is actually supposed to be installed with those steps.

Thanks for the reply.

angelkiller, Jul 7, 2021
  4. oily_17 Win User

File paths

Add a path to $PATH?

To add ~/bin to $PATH try this -

EDIT: Source

oily_17, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

File paths

1. File paths - Similar Threads - File paths

2. How can I identify path too long in windows file explorer windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I identify path too long in windows file explorer windows 11?: To make back up on external drive without mistake, I want to identify first the paths which are too long on a drive w:. There is no more utility for this purpose in the microsoft store. The one I had purchased path too long does not work anymore....
  3. How can I identify path too long in windows file explorer windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I identify path too long in windows file explorer windows 11?: To make back up on external drive without mistake, I want to identify first the paths which are too long on a drive w:. There is no more utility for this purpose in the microsoft store. The one I had purchased path too long does not work anymore....
  4. Windows 11 File Explorer "Display the full path in the title bar" does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer "Display the full path in the title bar" does not work: I am using Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2.I would like the file explorer to always display the proper path when viewing a folder, and the "Display the full path in the title bar" option only works for a few folders.For example my Downloads folder only ever displays "Downloads"...
  5. Windows 11 File Explorer "Display the full path in the title bar" does not work

Windows 11 File Explorer "Display the full path in the title bar" does not work: I am using Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2.I would like the file explorer to always display the proper path when viewing a folder, and the "Display the full path in the title bar" option only works for a few folders.For example my Downloads folder only ever displays "Downloads"...
  6. Windows 11 File Explorer shows multiple file paths below the main file path when I click...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer shows multiple file paths below the main file path when I click...: Hello everyone!Whenever I click back and forth between tabs in File Explorer, there will be an additional 4 to 10 file paths below the main file path see attached screenshot. The additional file paths will be there until I click in the original file path and sometimes click...
  7. Windows 11 File Explorer shows multiple file paths below the main file path when I click...

Windows 11 File Explorer shows multiple file paths below the main file path when I click...: Hello everyone!Whenever I click back and forth between tabs in File Explorer, there will be an additional 4 to 10 file paths below the main file path see attached screenshot. The additional file paths will be there until I click in the original file path and sometimes click...
  8. windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have appropiate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have appropiate...: windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have appropiate permissions to access the item. I have try every thing to fix this problem but nothing is working...
  9. windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have appropiate...

windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have appropiate...: windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have appropiate permissions to access the item. I have try every thing to fix this problem but nothing is working...
  10. Locating files with "destination path too long" in Windows explorer when copying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locating files with "destination path too long" in Windows explorer when copying: I am copying files from a EHD to my documents folder. I get an error saying "destination path too long" and with an option to skip or cancel. I have thousands of files in the folders that I am copying. How do I find out which files have a "destination path too long". Is there...