Windows 10: File permission denied

Discus and support File permission denied in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having a problem opening a Microsoft Access database accdb file on my D: drive. It was working fine until recently when I upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nickbodd, Dec 4, 2015.

1. nickbodd Win User

File permission denied

I am having a problem opening a Microsoft Access database accdb file on my D: drive. It was working fine until recently when I upgraded to Windows10/Office 2016. Now all I get is : "File permission denied".
    Bizarrely all the other Access databases in the same folder are completely accessible - apart from this single one.

I have tried changing the security permissions, changing ownership, logging on as Administrator - nothing seems to work.

The only thing I can think of is that on Windows 7 my user account was just "Nick" and now on Windows 10 it is "Nick B" with an email address associated with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Nick

:)

nickbodd, Dec 4, 2015
  2. Bruce Hagen, Dec 4, 2015
  3. File Permission denied

I have an mp4 file that i accessed regularly. But today i tried to open it, and it gives me an error message saying that i need to provide administrator password to continue, so i thought 'ok no big deal im administrator so ill just enter the password and
    get it over with' but when i pressed continue instead of giving me the option to enter the password it said i do not have permission to access my file and im thinking what the heck?? I, the ADMINISTRATOR do not have permission to view MY own file????

ThatGuy2016, Dec 4, 2015
Thema:

File permission denied

1. File permission denied - Similar Threads - File permission denied

2. Permission denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission denied: I am not able to use anything on my pc except the browser everytime I click on something it says permission denied and you don't specific path and u don't have app associated with it I am not able to use click on window search window button my computer only thing. Is working...
  3. Permission denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permission denied: I am not able to use anything on my pc except the browser everytime I click on something it says permission denied and you don't specific path and u don't have app associated with it I am not able to use click on window search window button my computer only thing. Is working...
  4. Permission denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Permission access to files denied

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permission access to files denied: Hi, i wish to ask after the windows 10 update on 10/12/20. I'm currently unable to delete the files in my pc while keep encountering the problem Folder Access Denied stating I'm not the user of the PC while I'm the only user I'm only able to have access to my desktop,...
  6. Write permission denied for non-existent file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Write permission denied for non-existent file: Hello I have the most peculiar issue. A program that I downloaded from the internet was updated, and the executable of the updated version triggered some heuristic issue with the antivirus Bitdefender and was quarantined and later removed. There have been even newer...
  7. Permissions denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permissions denied: I reinstalled win 10 and since then I am not allowed to open folders. Each time I have to release access by opening Properties, etc. I am the administrator and I want to have full access to EVERYTHING. How should I proceed, please?*Mad 130871
  8. Permissions denied

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Permissions denied: I reinstalled win 10 and since then I am not allowed to open folders. Each time I have to release access by opening Properties, etc. I am the administrator and I want to have full access to EVERYTHING. How should I proceed, please?*Mad 130871
  9. Administrator permission denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator permission denied: I have a laptop running Windows 10 with only one user (which is the administrator). Recently, I had to edit a file in System32 but once I tried to save the edits, I was told that I didn't have the permission to save in this location and that I would have to contact the...
  10. Permission denied to create or copy files in d:\

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Permission denied to create or copy files in d:\: I don't know why, but I have no access to create or copy files directly in d:\. Creating directory works though. When I want to copy or create for example a txt file, explorer says: https://i.imgur.com/SEDohJ7.png Looking into NTFS rights, I already have all right and...