Windows 10: File Permission Issues on administrator account

Discus and support File Permission Issues on administrator account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; TLDR: My file permissions aren't what they are supposed to be, and it often causes programs to not work. My main account which is an administrator does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidJu2, Nov 25, 2022.

1. DavidJu2 Win User

File Permission Issues on administrator account

TLDR: My file permissions aren't what they are supposed to be, and it often causes programs to not work. My main account which is an administrator does not have the same permissions as the local administrator account.Hi,I got myself a new PC a few months ago and I have been having reoccurring issues with the access permissions of files on the main and only account of the computer. Even though it is said to be an administrator, there are issues when I try to write files to specific destinations in the systems, such as the program files folder of both my C and D drive.First, one example of the

:)

DavidJu2, Nov 25, 2022
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Nov 25, 2022
  3. Folder won't open due to permission issue

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I understand your concern. Let me help you.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important you must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

• Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Nov 25, 2022
  4. File Permission Issues on administrator account

Windows 10 Permissions Issues

Hooray!!!! Thanks so much, you are a superstar. Issue resolved.

I thought the fact that "Administrators" were listed in the permissions meant that all Admins had access, but apparently not. Now I added my specific login account, it works fine.

Thanks so much for your help, these UAC things in Windows are quite confusing, I am not (entirely) stupid!!

glastolover, Nov 25, 2022
Thema:

File Permission Issues on administrator account

1. File Permission Issues on administrator account - Similar Threads - File Permission Issues

2. administrator permissions issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    administrator permissions issues: my friend set up my laptop then sent it to me I can't open anything related to the settings like the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth or the settings itself its windows 11 home...
  3. administrator permissions issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    administrator permissions issues: my friend set up my laptop then sent it to me I can't open anything related to the settings like the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth or the settings itself its windows 11 home...
  4. File Permission Issues on administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Permission Issues on administrator account: TLDR: My file permissions aren't what they are supposed to be, and it often causes programs to not work. My main account which is an administrator does not have the same permissions as the local administrator account.Hi,I got myself a new PC a few months ago and I have been...
  5. File Permission Issues on administrator account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Permission Issues on administrator account: TLDR: My file permissions aren't what they are supposed to be, and it often causes programs to not work. My main account which is an administrator does not have the same permissions as the local administrator account.Hi,I got myself a new PC a few months ago and I have been...
  6. Administrator permission issues between 2 Administrators for all files and apps created by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator permission issues between 2 Administrators for all files and apps created by...: I have 2 Administrator accounts on my Windows 10 PC. For some time already, I have a problem to modify any file that one Administrator has created by another Administrator. This works both ways between those 2 Administrator accounts. When I try to delete file that was created...
  7. Administrator permission issues between 2 Administrators for all files and apps created by...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator permission issues between 2 Administrators for all files and apps created by...: I have 2 Administrator accounts on my Windows 10 PC. For some time already, I have a problem to modify any file that one Administrator has created by another Administrator. This works both ways between those 2 Administrator accounts. When I try to delete file that was created...
  8. Administrator permission issues between 2 Administrators for all files and apps created by...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Administrator permission issues on Windows 10

Administrator permission issues on Windows 10: I recently purchased a new computer with Window 10. I connected my Nikon camera to download pictures I have taken and keeps saying I don't have permission. My account that I sign into is an administrator account. I'm at a total loss for what is happening here. I can see it...
  10. Administrators permissions for my account

Administrators permissions for my account: I accidentally deleted the administrator permission from my account. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrators-permissions-for-my-account/554a7afa-3b95-4e02-974e-09dc16aaa549"