Windows 10: File Permission

Discus and support File Permission in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running Office 2007, on W10. I have just added to a document, clicked to exit, confirmed save changes, then got this box. How do I get rid of it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by john3650, Oct 18, 2015.

1. john3650 Win User

File Permission

I am running Office 2007, on W10. I have just added to a document, clicked to exit, confirmed save changes, then got this box. How do I get rid of it?
    Thank You

File Permission [​IMG]

:)

john3650, Oct 18, 2015
  2. JonMorris Win User

File Permissions

I had a thought, I saw earlier that the file was located in C:/program files/steam folder. Now the program files folder is usually setup with more strict security than your user profile folders are except there shouldn't be anything that's denied explicitly.

Make sure to Close out of steam completely and make sure the icon isn't running in your taskbar tray. If it is, right click and press "Exit" to close out of steam. Then try editing the file again.

JonMorris, Oct 18, 2015
  3. File permissions

I am trying to install just cause 3 using steam, it is in the location C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common. I am a user administrator, I can delete all files in this location, I have full permission to do whatever. However the download did not
    work for Just Cause 3 so I uninstalled it and went to reinstall, however on clicking install, the message An error occurred while installing Just Cause 3 (missing file privileges), and it's true, I cannot do anything to that file such as delete, access, change
    it's name or any other action. I've tried right clicking on the file and selecting properties -> security -> advanced -> change the owner but I can't even view this for some reason. I just cannot even find anyone else who is having this issue so I am having
    to make this thread now.

[Moved from: Windows/ Gaming on Windows 10]

DylanWakley, Oct 18, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

File Permission

The space in the file name may be an issue.
    Sounds unlikely but is has caused issues in the past like this.

Kanata, Oct 18, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    You can try running Word as Administrator. Locate the Word shortcut and right-click on it. Select Properties and then go to Compatibility tab. Check the box Run as Administrator, so it always runs with full access rights. Do the same for Excel and other Office applications.

spapakons, Oct 19, 2015
  6. john3650 Win User
    Thank you for reply. Tried that, no change. When I try to delete the document, I get this

File Permission [​IMG]

john3650, Oct 19, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User
    Then your MS Office installation can be corrupt. Try repairing it from the installation media or completely uninstall and reinstall it. Do you have similar issues at any other non-office application? If it is only in Office, try reinstalling it.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

File Permission

1. File Permission - Similar Threads - File Permission

2. You do not have permission to open this files. see the owner of the file or an...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You do not have permission to open this files. see the owner of the file or an...: I have these text documents that have yellow lock signs above them, these are my files that I created and yet I don't have access???Furthermore, in settings I can see that my profile is an administrator and i have changed the permissions of the file to give everyone access...
  3. You do not have permission to open this files. see the owner of the file or an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You do not have permission to open this files. see the owner of the file or an...: I have these text documents that have yellow lock signs above them, these are my files that I created and yet I don't have access???Furthermore, in settings I can see that my profile is an administrator and i have changed the permissions of the file to give everyone access...
  4. You do not have permission to open this files. see the owner of the file or an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't open my own files saying that I don't have permission even though I do.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't open my own files saying that I don't have permission even though I do.: ttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-files-as-admin-cant-give-self/5e447a56-01e5-47b5-bfe7-86858d5c8853 none of these solutions worked and I have full acces to the files but I can't seem to open half of them saying that I might not have the...
  6. I can't open my own files saying that I don't have permission even though I do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open my own files saying that I don't have permission even though I do.: ttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-files-as-admin-cant-give-self/5e447a56-01e5-47b5-bfe7-86858d5c8853 none of these solutions worked and I have full acces to the files but I can't seem to open half of them saying that I might not have the...
  7. I can't open my own files saying that I don't have permission even though I do.

8. How can I change it so that I have permission to open/modify any file on my Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change it so that I have permission to open/modify any file on my Windows?: I recently got a 'you don't have permission to view that' when trying to look at a notepad file I'd downloaded with a game and it made me mad. How can I indefinitely change it so this never happens again? Mind you I've tried quite a many things over the course of 12 or so...
  9. How can I change it so that I have permission to open/modify any file on my Windows?

How can I change it so that I have permission to open/modify any file on my Windows?: I recently got a 'you don't have permission to view that' when trying to look at a notepad file I'd downloaded with a game and it made me mad. How can I indefinitely change it so this never happens again? Mind you I've tried quite a many things over the course of 12 or so...
  10. I need help with deleting a file, asking for permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with deleting a file, asking for permission: Hi,i wanted to delete a file but I couldn't because it said that some other program is using it. I have checked and couldn't find any program using it. i have opened properties window and did something there, actually a couple of things which I'm not very clear of, basically...