Windows 10: File Permission

Discus and support File Permission in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running Office 2007, on W10. I have just added to a document, clicked to exit, confirmed save changes, then got this box. How do I get rid of it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by john3650, Oct 18, 2015.

1. john3650 Win User

File Permission

I am running Office 2007, on W10. I have just added to a document, clicked to exit, confirmed save changes, then got this box. How do I get rid of it?
    Thank You

File Permission [​IMG]

:)

john3650, Oct 18, 2015
  2. JonMorris Win User

File Permissions

I had a thought, I saw earlier that the file was located in C:/program files/steam folder. Now the program files folder is usually setup with more strict security than your user profile folders are except there shouldn't be anything that's denied explicitly.

Make sure to Close out of steam completely and make sure the icon isn't running in your taskbar tray. If it is, right click and press "Exit" to close out of steam. Then try editing the file again.

JonMorris, Oct 18, 2015
  3. File permissions

I am trying to install just cause 3 using steam, it is in the location C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common. I am a user administrator, I can delete all files in this location, I have full permission to do whatever. However the download did not
    work for Just Cause 3 so I uninstalled it and went to reinstall, however on clicking install, the message An error occurred while installing Just Cause 3 (missing file privileges), and it's true, I cannot do anything to that file such as delete, access, change
    it's name or any other action. I've tried right clicking on the file and selecting properties -> security -> advanced -> change the owner but I can't even view this for some reason. I just cannot even find anyone else who is having this issue so I am having
    to make this thread now.

[Moved from: Windows/ Gaming on Windows 10]

DylanWakley, Oct 18, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

File Permission

The space in the file name may be an issue.
    Sounds unlikely but is has caused issues in the past like this.

Kanata, Oct 18, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    You can try running Word as Administrator. Locate the Word shortcut and right-click on it. Select Properties and then go to Compatibility tab. Check the box Run as Administrator, so it always runs with full access rights. Do the same for Excel and other Office applications.

spapakons, Oct 19, 2015
  6. john3650 Win User
    Thank you for reply. Tried that, no change. When I try to delete the document, I get this

File Permission [​IMG]

john3650, Oct 19, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User
    Then your MS Office installation can be corrupt. Try repairing it from the installation media or completely uninstall and reinstall it. Do you have similar issues at any other non-office application? If it is only in Office, try reinstalling it.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

File Permission

1. File Permission - Similar Threads - File Permission

2. I can't delete files need permission from a user who doesn't exist on the laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete files need permission from a user who doesn't exist on the laptop: I can't delete a file in Internet Explorer because it says I need permission from a user who doesn't exist on my computer but exists only in file explorer. I already have full control over the user in File Explorer. Please help me resolve this issue....
  3. I can't delete files need permission from a user who doesn't exist on the laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't delete files need permission from a user who doesn't exist on the laptop: I can't delete a file in Internet Explorer because it says I need permission from a user who doesn't exist on my computer but exists only in file explorer. I already have full control over the user in File Explorer. Please help me resolve this issue....
  4. I can't delete files need permission from a user who doesn't exist on the laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete files need permission from a user who doesn't exist on the laptop: I can't delete a file in Internet Explorer because it says I need permission from a user who doesn't exist on my computer but only in file explorer. I already have full control over the user in File Explorer. Please help me resolve this issue....
  5. I can not decrypt my file, I can not open it the demind permission, fast iam an admin and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not decrypt my file, I can not open it the demind permission, fast iam an admin and...: I can not decrypt my file, I can not open it the demind permission, fast iam an admin and have full access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-decrypt-my-file-i-can-not-open-it-the/65ca16e3-5b3e-416c-a03e-545d8203bd05
  6. I can not decrypt my file, I can not open it the demind permission, fast iam an admin and...

I can not decrypt my file, I can not open it the demind permission, fast iam an admin and...: I can not decrypt my file, I can not open it the demind permission, fast iam an admin and have full access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-decrypt-my-file-i-can-not-open-it-the/65ca16e3-5b3e-416c-a03e-545d8203bd05
  7. Adding file permissions to a microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding file permissions to a microsoft account: I am using windows 11 pro and I am logged on to my Microsoft 365 account called msact1. I have a file on the windows 11 computer that was created by a local user luser1. I want to grant permission so that msact1 has read/write permission to the file.There is no way to add...
  8. Adding file permissions to a microsoft account

Adding file permissions to a microsoft account: I am using windows 11 pro and I am logged on to my Microsoft 365 account called msact1. I have a file on the windows 11 computer that was created by a local user luser1. I want to grant permission so that msact1 has read/write permission to the file.There is no way to add...
  9. You do not have permission to access this file not fixing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You do not have permission to access this file not fixing: So my pc was really sluggish and laggy, i decided to install a fresh windows. backed up the important files i had onto an external hard disk. now after installing the fresh windows when i try to get those important files back to my pc i can't, and get an error."You need...
  10. You do not have permission to access this file not fixing

You do not have permission to access this file not fixing: So my pc was really sluggish and laggy, i decided to install a fresh windows. backed up the important files i had onto an external hard disk. now after installing the fresh windows when i try to get those important files back to my pc i can't, and get an error."You need...