Windows 10: File permissions for another user

Discus and support File permissions for another user in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; The situation is this; the pc administrator has financial folders and files that she has full permission to access, write, change, delete, backup etc.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by scopio, Jul 1, 2019.

1. scopio Win User

File permissions for another user

The situation is this; the pc administrator has financial folders and files that she has full permission to access, write, change, delete, backup etc. there is another user whom she needs to give permission to access the folder and files but with read only permission.
    How can she set up other users to access the financial folder and files but NOT to be able to write, change, delete, backup etc. the folders or files?

:)

scopio, Jul 1, 2019

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jul 1, 2019
  3. tom acito Win User
    how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

this is for a file... how for a folder and ALL subfolders and files

thanks.

tom acito, Jul 1, 2019
  4. File permissions for another user

User can't copy files from network share. Permission error.

Seems security essentials wasn't liking the file for the user for some odd reason. Thanks for your suggestions.

Hybrid_theory, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

File permissions for another user

1. File permissions for another user - Similar Threads - File permissions another

2. user file permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user file permissions: Hi,I have a senior to a user access to a specific file share folder.The permissions: a user U1, who is in a group G1 have access to a file F1, F1 folder have subfolders with inheritance permissions from F1.The Goal: is to let U1 user access to only 2 subfolders within F1...
  3. user file permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    user file permissions: Hi,I have a senior to a user access to a specific file share folder.The permissions: a user U1, who is in a group G1 have access to a file F1, F1 folder have subfolders with inheritance permissions from F1.The Goal: is to let U1 user access to only 2 subfolders within F1...
  4. user file permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Is there a way to merge the files/permissions from one user on a computer to another user...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to merge the files/permissions from one user on a computer to another user...: I have been trying to figure this out for most of the morning.I am in a company IT department and one user inherited both the job/computer of the last person who did her job.On the computer there are two accounts , the one from the user who is gone but current user still...
  6. Is there a way to merge the files/permissions from one user on a computer to another user...

Is there a way to merge the files/permissions from one user on a computer to another user...: I have been trying to figure this out for most of the morning.I am in a company IT department and one user inherited both the job/computer of the last person who did her job.On the computer there are two accounts , the one from the user who is gone but current user still...
  7. Is there a way to merge the files/permissions from one user on a computer to another user...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Revert the access permissions to another user's folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Revert the access permissions to another user's folder: Hi! I granted a non-admin user access permission to another non-admin user's folder. Now I finished transferring the files I needed to transfer, and I would like to revert those permissions to their original state. How can I do that? Thanks. submitted by /u/a_n_d_r_e_...
  9. File permissions for another user

in Windows 10 Support
    File permissions for another user: The situation is this; the pc administrator has financial folders and files that she has full permission to access, write, change, delete, backup etc. there is another user whom she needs to give permission to access the folder and files but with read only permission. How...
  10. permission to access files on another network computer

permission to access files on another network computer: How do I get permission to access files on another network computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-to-access-files-on-another-network/e5166044-cbc5-4c16-9955-4a8100372113