Windows 10: File permissions using only group access.

Discus and support File permissions using only group access. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As user "Administrator", I created a text file a.txt, which has one ACE: Administrators: Full access, not inherited. The parent folder also contains... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by f0.7, Sep 18, 2021.

1. f0.7 Win User

File permissions using only group access.

As user "Administrator", I created a text file a.txt, which has one ACE: Administrators: Full access, not inherited. The parent folder also contains that ACE. I can read and write this file fine. But, when I log in as another user who is also in the Administrators group, I cannot even read the file. If I check the file security, it says "You must have Read permissions to view the properties of this object." When I click on the Advanced tab to continue, and check the "Effective Access" of this admin, it says I have Full control. This is a standalone machine, and the folder is not shared.

:)

2. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Sep 18, 2021
  3. j.col70 Win User
    j.col70, Sep 18, 2021
  4. File permissions using only group access.

Cannot access path, no permission

Hello cgherman, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

I suggest you follow the instructions down below and visit the link I have provided for you to follow more solutions in case method 1 doesn't help.

The causes of your problem may be:

-You do not have permissions to the file or the file location.

-The file is on a location that is not currently accessible like a network location or an external drive that is not currently connected to the PC.

-The file has been moved or deleted.

-The file or shortcut is corrupt.

-The file may be blocked by Windows.

-Your antivirus software may be blocking the file.

Method 1: Check the permission of the file or folder

-Right-click the file or folder, and then select Properties.

-Select the Security tab.

-Under Group or User names, click your name to see the permissions you have. (The screenshot for this step is listed below).

-Select Edit, and then select to check the check boxes for the permissions that you need, and then select OK. (The screenshot for this step is listed below).

Refer to:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/266924...

Hope this helps!

Thank you and good luck,

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

File permissions using only group access.

1. File permissions using only group access. - Similar Threads - File permissions using

2. file accessed date time group question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file accessed date time group question: how could I explain a file accessed date time group being later than the actual open date time group, does sleeping tabs or a thin client unlock reset file date accessed times?back ground; I am looking into an issue of printing and turning in a word doc and then looking at...
  3. file accessed date time group question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file accessed date time group question: how could I explain a file accessed date time group being later than the actual open date time group, does sleeping tabs or a thin client unlock reset file date accessed times?back ground; I am looking into an issue of printing and turning in a word doc and then looking at...
  4. file accessed date time group question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Assign permissions on active directory security group for limited access on Workstation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assign permissions on active directory security group for limited access on Workstation: I have created a Security group on a 2019 server. I need to provide users in this group the ability to logon to a workstation add be able to add/remove applications and printers and run-as-administrator to allow an update on an application to run when launched.I was thinking...
  6. Assign permissions on active directory security group for limited access on Workstation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assign permissions on active directory security group for limited access on Workstation: I have created a Security group on a 2019 server. I need to provide users in this group the ability to logon to a workstation add be able to add/remove applications and printers and run-as-administrator to allow an update on an application to run when launched.I was thinking...
  7. Assign permissions on active directory security group for limited access on Workstation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. NTFS permissions, AD groups, and use of VPN... Unexpected behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NTFS permissions, AD groups, and use of VPN... Unexpected behavior: I have a question I need help to understand. I've been in IT for 20+ years. It has always been my understanding that when adding a user to a new Active Directory group, that group membership is not picked up until the user logs off the machine and logs back on. Further,...
  9. Permission access to files denied

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permission access to files denied: Hi, i wish to ask after the windows 10 update on 10/12/20. I'm currently unable to delete the files in my pc while keep encountering the problem Folder Access Denied stating I'm not the user of the PC while I'm the only user I'm only able to have access to my desktop,...
  10. changing permissions for object group

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    changing permissions for object group: changing permissions for object group What do I enter in the "Enter object name to select" dialog field? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-permissions-for-object-group/6de3fc70-e80c-453e-a61e-6a1098ff16ee"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Set NTFS folder permissions using GPO