Windows 10: File permisson issue

Discus and support File permisson issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I recently purchased a new machine and have transferred save files from a game I play via a flashdrive. The files now appear as read only on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wubsta, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Wubsta Win User

File permisson issue

Hi all,

I recently purchased a new machine and have transferred save files from a game I play via a flashdrive. The files now appear as read only on my new machine. I have unchecked the box in properties and applied, but it just reverts back to read only after exiting the properties menu.

I'm wondering if anyone here has experienced something similar, or has a fix for the issue.

I am running Windows 10 Ver. 1909.

Thank you for any help or ideas.

-

:)

Wubsta, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 15, 2020
  4. File permisson issue

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

File permisson issue

1. File permisson issue - Similar Threads - File permisson issue

2. cant get permisson from trustedinstaller even though i own it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant get permisson from trustedinstaller even though i own it: I just did a fresh install of Windows 11 and I'm trying to delete my winows.old folder. When attempting to delete it says that it requires permission from trustedinstaller to edit the file. I have taken ownership of the trustedinstaller application in my new install of...
  3. cant get permisson from trustedinstaller even though i own it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant get permisson from trustedinstaller even though i own it: I just did a fresh install of Windows 11 and I'm trying to delete my winows.old folder. When attempting to delete it says that it requires permission from trustedinstaller to edit the file. I have taken ownership of the trustedinstaller application in my new install of...
  4. You do not have permisson to access \\pcname

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You do not have permisson to access \\pcname: OK I've got two desktops on an ethernet home network. I can access the shared folders on pc1 from pc2. I cannot access the shared folders on pc2 from pc1. I have been struggling with this for days. I've searched the web and the community. I've tried everything. Turning on...
  5. ask permisson/family features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ask permisson/family features: My Microsoft account used to be part of the family features but my parents didn't have any restrictions on it. I tried opening Netflix today but it told me I needed to ask permission from an adult and it had a little blue button that read "ask by email", so I clicked it and...
  6. How to Reset Win 10 permissons

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Reset Win 10 permissons: I am having an issue with Win10 and a legacy Win 7 RIP. It seems when I installed Win 10 it changed permissions on some files and folders. All are visible in the Explorer view, but when I run the program and try to open files and save customizations the files/and or...
  7. File Permissons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Permissons: I'm trying to replace some old .dll files mfc100.dll, mfc100u.dll, msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll into the system 32 folder. When I do this the it askes for administrative access which I give to replace the existing files. It then says that I don't have access to alter the...
  8. This is about the permissons on games which downloaded from windows store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is about the permissons on games which downloaded from windows store: I downladed Kingdom Come Deliverence from microsoft store yesterday .( gamepass for pc ) I am trying to mod it but the best permission you can have is see the folders , you can't add any new ''mods'' folder and when you try change owner of folder nothing happens . Yes this is...
  9. Adminster Permisson

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adminster Permisson: So theres malware on my device that keeps trying to get in, so I decided i'd try to get rid of it. I went to Files and went to Local Disk and found the malware and tried to delete it, but immediately followed up saying I needed administer permission to open, which everyone...
  10. Administrative permisson issue while copying files to usb flash drive.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrative permisson issue while copying files to usb flash drive.: sir, I am windows 10 user. I am trying to copy files on my usb flash drive, but it is showing popup of administrative permission required. I tried solution mention in following...