Windows 10: File Picker and Open U/i locks up computer

Discus and support File Picker and Open U/i locks up computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Using Picasa 3., and Facebook, on windows 10. When I attempt to attach a photo for upload to websites I get the File Picker U/I is not responding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jeff Scism, Nov 12, 2019.

1. File Picker and Open U/i locks up computer

Using Picasa 3., and Facebook, on windows 10. When I attempt to attach a photo for upload to websites I get the File Picker U/I is not responding error pop-up, and the Open is not responding pop-up. This occurs in EDGE, and in Chrome browsers. It occurs most frequently on Facebook, where I get a recover webpage error, which pops up 8 times and then closes the browser OR freezes the computer, requiring a restart, which has to be done by interrupting the power. The Open U/I failure also happens on findagrave.com, as well as other websites where user submissions are normal.

Running DISM restorehealth had no effect. Deleting and restoring the BAGS registries had no effect. Running System File Checker as admin has no effect. Restoring Windows had no effect, the problem continues.

Also the system failed to recognize the external Hard drive, and will not write to it, or index it. I get "server execution" failures. The HD powers up and I can read the base directory, but although the Drives shows the proper levels of data stored, the directories will not open. (Open U/I not responding).

I have read many other people have these issues.

REALLY want to return to normal.

:)

Jeff Scism, Nov 12, 2019
  2. David_Cox Win User

File Picker Ul Host is not responding

Original message: Windows 10

Whenever I right click a file, the computer freezes. Once I got a message that " File Picker Ul Host is not responding" Any suggestions?

David_Cox, Nov 12, 2019
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile File Picker and Open U/i locks up computer :)

jaydeee, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Ketxxx Win User

File Picker and Open U/i locks up computer

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

File Picker and Open U/i locks up computer

1. File Picker and Open U/i locks up computer - Similar Threads - File Picker Open

2. Computer locking up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer locking up: I am working on a friends computer that is locking up during game play and in sleep mode. I don't know the full details of every thing that is running when these problems are happening. I have the two of the error logs that should show the events in question. system specs:...
  3. computer locked up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computer locked up: While doing some research, I, apparently, clicked on a bad site. It has locked up my computer and I, now, cannot get it to go away? I need to know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-locked-up/071eef74-ad83-45e5-9db9-1d4a1eb4e917"
  4. computer locked up

computer locked up: my computer has locked up by a fake support scam. How do I unlock my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/computer-locked-up/36a3d5ec-9e19-4ea4-b121-ee68c04d55c3
  5. computer locked up

computer locked up: what do I do to unlock y computer. IP address was used without my knowledge . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/computer-locked-up/c46e35ab-3cd7-4ebb-abd0-67bfa5f01058
  6. Computer lock up

Computer lock up: My computer locks up, in any program including Windows 10 help page, sometimes for only 10 seconds sometimes for over 30 minutes, can anyone suggest why and how to fix the problem?...
  7. computer locking up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer locking up: Hi - Windows installed updates two days ago, and since I have been having issues with it completely locking up. Should I try to roll back the latest updates? Thanks, Christina...
  8. Computer locks up

Computer locks up: I am using windows 10 with the most recent update. My Computer is a HP PC. The error I am getting is a lockup displaying the following message www.windows.com/stopcode stop kernel mode trap Ntfs.sys How can I fix this problem? I can turn the computer and reboot and it...
  9. how do i u open up a box number mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i u open up a box number mail: how to open box mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/how-do-i-u-open-up-a-box-number-mail/5404c166-571b-4827-93be-6d5c76b17a59
  10. computer locking up

in Windows 10 Support
    computer locking up: I have installed windows 10 successfully. I later downloaded a sample javascript app (Simple imaging sample) which is zipped from the Microsoft dev centre. The computer is unable to open unzip the file. When I click on down loads with file explorer the system freezes while a...