Windows 10: File picker is not working and only bans when trying to attach files - deleted past...

Discus and support File picker is not working and only bans when trying to attach files - deleted past... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; File picker has stopped working and it is the only way I know to attach files to an email which is essential for me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PatDeCesare, Nov 16, 2019.

1. File picker is not working and only bans when trying to attach files - deleted past...

File picker has stopped working and it is the only way I know to attach files to an email which is essential for me.

:)

PatDeCesare, Nov 16, 2019
  2. KevinOge Win User

File picker UI problem.

I ran the file checker scan, then rebooted the device, however the problem persists. Any other suggestions to remedy the problem?

I tried attaching a file to an e-mail, but the same thing happened. The file picker UI is unresponsive. What can I try next?

KevinOge, Nov 16, 2019
  3. KevinOge Win User
    File picker UI problem.

Whenever I attempt to attach a file to an e-mail, the file picker UI server is unresponsive. How do I troubleshoot the problem?

KevinOge, Nov 16, 2019
  4. File picker is not working and only bans when trying to attach files - deleted past...

file picker ui freezes my computer

Every time that I try to attach a file to an email message I get a message "File picker UI is not responding" and my computer freezes. I ran a full scan on Windows Defender and it showed no problems. I have tried using both Microsoft Edge and Internet
    Explorer to access my aol email account. I have the same problem accessing files either way.

On a hunch I tried to attach files using a gmail account that I rarely use and I was able to attach files to a message on that account. But 99.9% of my email correspondence is with my aol account, so I really need to be able to attach files to my aol messages.

Windows 10 is my operating system and it has been working well for me since I upgraded last year. This "File picker" problem is a recent development that started about a week ago.

I am not very technically proficient, but if you can provide me with explicit instructions/suggestions on how to correct this problem, I am up to the task. Please help!

RickWhitney, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

File picker is not working and only bans when trying to attach files - deleted past...

1. File picker is not working and only bans when trying to attach files - deleted past... - Similar Threads - File picker working

2. FIle UI Picker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIle UI Picker: Hello, My File picker has an issues. Every time i am trying to upload a file on WhatsApp, there application does not display the files and does not respond. I have to close the app using task manager. Kindly assist me....
  3. FIle UI Picker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FIle UI Picker: Hello, My File picker has an issues. Every time i am trying to upload a file on WhatsApp, there application does not display the files and does not respond. I have to close the app using task manager. Kindly assist me....
  4. File Explorer not responding, especially when trying to attach files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not responding, especially when trying to attach files: When I create an email in Gmail and try to attach a file to an email the file explorer opens a blank window and stops responding. The attach process freezes and I see the message Open Not Responding in the File Explorer window. I then have to close Chrome what the issue could...
  5. File Explorer not responding, especially when trying to attach files

File Explorer not responding, especially when trying to attach files: When I create an email in Gmail and try to attach a file to an email the file explorer opens a blank window and stops responding. The attach process freezes and I see the message Open Not Responding in the File Explorer window. I then have to close Chrome what the issue could...
  6. Windows 10 crashes when trying to attach a file

Windows 10 crashes when trying to attach a file: Whenever I need to attach a file whether through gmail, Slack, etc. -- any app where you can attach files it always crashes when in the file explorer view before I can even click on and attach the file. I don't have any third party antivirus programs, I've deleted suspicious...
  7. Windows 10 crashes when trying to attach a file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashes when trying to attach a file: Whenever I need to attach a file whether through gmail, Slack, etc. -- any app where you can attach files it always crashes when in the file explorer view before I can even click on and attach the file. I don't have any third party antivirus programs, I've deleted suspicious...
  8. File Picker UI Host not Responding when attaching Excel or Word doc's to Gmail

File Picker UI Host not Responding when attaching Excel or Word doc's to Gmail: Shortly after installing the latest Win10 updates in Feb 2019 I started receiving the File Picker UI Host not Responding error when attempting to select an Excel or Word document to a gmail when using Chrome, IE, or Edge. I can attach pdf doc's. I have even installed EasyMail...
  9. Computer Freezing When Attaching a File - FIle Picker UI Not Responding

Computer Freezing When Attaching a File - FIle Picker UI Not Responding: My computer is freezing up when traying to attach a document on Office365, Gmail, and Edge. On 365, the error 'file picker ui not responding' is being displayed. I have had no problems with this as of last week. Does anyone what is going on or how I could fix this? Thanks....
  10. File Picker UI Host not working!

in Windows 10 Support
    File Picker UI Host not working!: I'd just upgraded to windows 10 yesterday, and I've been having issues with browsing files. Today, I was trying to change my background from settings, and as soon as the file browser opened up, it closed straight away. Settings also stopped working. It was frozen, and I had...