Windows 10: FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4

Discus and support FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi - I've been capturing lots of old camcorder videos - and have them sorted on my Onedrive once I've topped and tailed the capture file.They are .MP4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Phil19821972, Jan 5, 2022.

1. FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4

Hi - I've been capturing lots of old camcorder videos - and have them sorted on my Onedrive once I've topped and tailed the capture file.They are .MP4 - and I want to change the File Properties, but I am unable to. Any idea why they are locked?

:)

Phil19821972, Jan 5, 2022

2. Editing/adding additional file properties/metadata for media files

I'm in the process of trying to organise and categorise my media files using file properties/metadata. When I go to the properties of, for example, an .mp4 file, I can edit the 'details' such as Title, Subtitle, Rating, Contributing Artists, Genre, Year, etc.

However, in Explorer, when I go to 'Add Columns', there are a number of columns that I can't find in the 'Details' window of the file properties. For example, there are columns for 'Episode number' and 'Season number' (useful for organising TV shows), but I can't figure out how to add these details to files.

Can anyone tell me how I can edit/add the following metadata to media files?

• #
    • Broadcast Date
    • Creators
    • Episode Name
    • Episode Number
    • Language
    • Season Number

Thank you for your help!

tjdickinson, Jan 5, 2022
  3. Helmut Win User
    Playing MP4 files

MP4 is a container file, a lot depends on the codecs within that.
    MP4 can be played with Windows 10 with Films & TV, Photos, Windows Media Player, and VLC.
    If those can't then there must be something odd/unusual in the file.

Right click the File > Properties > Details Tab.
    see if that gives you more info, should be some info on the video/audio but not codecs.

Try the suggestions from post #3.

You have to be careful as viruses are propogated by people simply changing the filename extension and auto-forwarding via an infected PC and a compromised address list.
    So a targeted scan with AV is necessary for every file attachement even if apparently from someone you know.

Helmut, Jan 5, 2022
  4. FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4

USB doesn't display MP4 file!

I have a 300kb mix of .png, .jpg, .pdf files on a 4Gb USB drive. I added a 2Gb MP4 movie but it doesn't display in the drive files. I used CCleaner to check the drive F files .. it only shows up as 2Gb of OTHER FILES, but not in the listed files.

Any (constructive) suggestions welcome. I can't remove it as it doesn't show in the file list.

GregNeedsHelp, Jan 5, 2022
Thema:

FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4

1. FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4 - Similar Threads - FIle Properties can't

2. Cannot edit file properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot edit file properties: I am unable to edit the file properties of MP3 files that I have downloaded off the internet. I used to be able to edit them to my heart's content, adding the song's title and artists to help organize them better, but now whenever I download them, the vast majority of them I...
  3. Editing file properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing file properties: Some years ago I found a utility that enabled bulk editing of just about all file properties: extracting parts of entries, adding parts, renumbering files. Then I lost it. Does anyone recall anything? I have searched the web for such utilities but so far I've not found any...
  4. Editing file properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Editing file properties: Some years ago I found a utility that enabled bulk editing of just about all file properties: extracting parts of entries, adding parts, renumbering files. Then I lost it. Does anyone recall anything? I have searched the web for such utilities but so far I've not found any...
  5. Editing file properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4: Hi - I've been capturing lots of old camcorder videos - and have them sorted on my Onedrive once I've topped and tailed the capture file.They are .MP4 - and I want to change the File Properties, but I am unable to. Any idea why they are locked?...
  7. Editing JPG File Properties

Editing JPG File Properties: When viewing the properties of a jpg file, Win 10 only lets you edit the "date taken" field, but NOT the "date created" field. Is their a program out there that can edit the latter field?...
  8. Editing JPG File Properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing JPG File Properties: When viewing the properties of a jpg file, Win 10 only lets you edit the "date taken" field, but NOT the "date created" field. Is their a program out there that can edit the latter field?...
  9. Editing Properties of a file 20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing Properties of a file 20H2: I've gone to details in Properties / Remove Properties and personal information...But nothing changes...even in the copy of the file. Right now I am working with audio files. Help! 173460
  10. Editing File Properties

Editing File Properties: I'm trying to edit the file properties of an mp3 file already has some info typed in to some fields, but whenever I try to add a field or edit a field and hit apply it doesn't save the new changes, and also deletes everything that was already there. This is really...