Windows 10: File properties in folders not showing special letter

Discus and support File properties in folders not showing special letter in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Whenever I try to change a file properties to one with special letters it's automatically changes the letter to '?'. For exaple: If I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ybichi12rre, Mar 14, 2016.

1. File properties in folders not showing special letter

Hi,

Whenever I try to change a file properties to one with special letters it's automatically changes the letter to '?'.

For exaple: If I have a .mp3 sonf file and I go to the file's properties-> Details. And in the Title I want to change to name to "Mañana" ('tomorrow' in Spanish), I click OK and then go to the properties again and it says: "Ma?ana".

File properties in folders not showing special letter [​IMG]

How can I change it so that these kind of special letters will remain and not change to the question mark?

Thanks.

:)

ybichi12rre, Mar 14, 2016
  2. aseddase Win User

You don't currently have permission to access this folder - Win 10

Trying to open a drive letter labelled System in Windows 10. But all system files are on a different drive. This message is shown: Says "Click continue to permanently get access to this folder."

Clicking continue shows new message: "You have been denied permission to access this folder. To gain access to this folder you will need to use the security tab (highlighted.)"

Clicking "Security tab" brings up "Advanced Sharing" box.

Right clicking the drive letter & properties does not show a security tab. Only General, Customize, Tools, Hardware & Sharing. Nothing that would obviously change the security settings to allow access.

What am I missing?

aseddase, Mar 14, 2016
  3. Properties shows wrong size for files and folder

I went through both methods (thanks alot for the help BTW) and retested the same pictures drive again, with both methods again

Method 1 - right clicking on the folder...selecting properties, and reading the size on disk it reports

Method 2 - opening up the folder, clicking inside the search bar and selecting *.* which shows every file and folder inside + all subdirectories. Confirmed theres no "grouping" its all just listed together. Select all files (control A) then right click and
    select properties...and reading the size on disk it reports

Same results Im afraid. I retested another folder on a physically different hard drive using the same test - and also came up with ridiculously contradicting claims on how much data is in there

Interesting hey Test 1 = 142Gig VS 386Gig

Test 2 on a seperate HDD (physically seperate drive) 669Gig VS 184Gig

sdfgaesftgeawrtawe, Mar 14, 2016
Thema:

File properties in folders not showing special letter

1. File properties in folders not showing special letter - Similar Threads - File properties folders

2. what are special permissions in properties?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what are special permissions in properties?: What are special properties in permissions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-special-permissions-in-properties/480a42e2-c445-4ff9-9777-b2104b6a0117
  3. what are special permissions in properties?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what are special permissions in properties?: What are special properties in permissions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-special-permissions-in-properties/480a42e2-c445-4ff9-9777-b2104b6a0117
  4. what are special permissions in properties?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Special language letters not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Special language letters not working.: Letters in my language Latvian don't seem to work, even though my keyboard is set to Latvian in windows settings, neither does the onscreen keyboard have them. What can I do?...
  6. Special language letters not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Special language letters not working.: Letters in my language Latvian don't seem to work, even though my keyboard is set to Latvian in windows settings, neither does the onscreen keyboard have them. What can I do?...
  7. Special language letters not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. WIndows 10 Not Showing Folder Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIndows 10 Not Showing Folder Properties: Windows 10 not showing file and folders properties. I am trying all methods that u told before about same problems to others users. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-showing-folder-properties/61725fa3-1685-4367-8238-eadf2f3d007e
  9. File explorer view file/folder properties

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer view file/folder properties: So I want all folders and files to view as "large icons"(I'm doing all of this in File Explorer) I went to C: drive, and clicked on large icons so folders and files display as such >Folder options>click on the view tab> then Apply to Folders [img] Folders and files...
  10. Folders Showing Properties Insted Of Opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders Showing Properties Insted Of Opening: saturdy i replaced my motherboard and then reinstalled 10 pro 1703. everything was working great until after a reboot when i would click on a folder or a program shortcut it would open the properties instead of launching the program or opening the folder. i ran into this once...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows file properties not showing all sub folders

2. windows file explorer folder does not show subfolders beyond the letter t