Windows 10: File Properties is missing "Icon change"

Discus and support File Properties is missing "Icon change" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can not change file to icon as the option to do this is no longer there. The only options that are there is General and Previous Versions in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TrevorBolas1, Jun 5, 2019.

1. File Properties is missing "Icon change"

I can not change file to icon as the option to do this is no longer there. The only options that are there is General and Previous Versions in the Header bar.

Can you please give me a way so as to restore the properties folder so as to show normal page changing options. Such as "Change Icon".

Thanking you...... Trev

:)

TrevorBolas1, Jun 5, 2019
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. No desktop icons and no file properties available

Anna,

Clean boot resulted in no change.

File properties are unavailable.

Icons are missing from desktop, File Explorer, and taskbar but not from Start.

Bill

Bill-WR1TR, Jun 5, 2019
  4. File Properties is missing "Icon change"

How to change file icon?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the icon of the file.

I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps:

1) Right click on folder and select properties.

2) Go to customize tab and click on change icon and check which icon you want to select.

3) Click on apply and then ok.

I hope this helps. Please do let us know the results. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Shubham Chaubey, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

File Properties is missing "Icon change"

1. File Properties is missing "Icon change" - Similar Threads - File Properties missing

2. Problem with changing properties of a music file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with changing properties of a music file.: Today I downloaded about 20 songs from the internet. Some of the properties such as the Album Artist were wrong. So by right clicking>Properties>Details>Album Artist I set the value to a different name. I even clicked on the apply button but the Album Artist property didn't...
  3. changing file properties

changing file properties: how can i change a WEBP file into a JPG file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-file-properties/e67e8077-f13f-4910-ba58-69ad61363ad8
  4. Libraries Properties Change Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Libraries Properties Change Icon: How can I have the 'Change Library Icon' in this dialogue to be 'active'? : . 169477
  5. File names,properties missing

File names,properties missing: All of a sudden randomly some file names and options are not showing. Please help. attached what it is like. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-namesproperties-missing/1eba13cb-3e25-473e-974b-e4dc8229b838
  6. No icons and properties not working

in Windows 10 Support
    No icons and properties not working: Hi all, I have a problem where no icons show anywhere throughout the system, I get no thumbnails from pictures, videos etc. Icons only appear on my Stardock Object Dock on the bottom of the screen and in the Taskbar Notification area I get flashes of what look like black and...
  7. file icons missing

file icons missing: file icons corrupted for regedt32.exe, Taskmgr.exe, SystemPropertiesComputerName.exe in system32 for windows 10 Version 1903 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-icons-missing/3a309689-ecb1-4eab-8e05-d7a89396f780"
  8. Change Icon Button Greyed Out in Properties Window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Icon Button Greyed Out in Properties Window: Hi Guys, 1. Does anyone know how I can turn the 'Change Icon' button in the Properties Window on? It was greyed out upon installation of the programme so my guess is it was intentional. [img] 2. And I do not understand why the Target Location is blank too, unlike other...
  9. File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties

File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties: When I right click on a folder, I'd expect to see the customize and other tabs. However, I do not see any tabs other than the 'General' tab and 'Previous Versions'. You may have noticed that the "Read-Only" box is checked. I tried to uncheck it, and uncheck other boxes in...
  10. Missing Desktop icons, taskbar icons changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Desktop icons, taskbar icons changed: This morning when I booted up my desktop, all of my icons on the desktop were missing, although the shortcut is still there and works. The icons in the taskbar now have a generic looking icon. Right clicking on the start menu no longer brings up the menu and when I go to file...