Windows 10: File properties, windows update, windows defender, sfc scannow not working

Discus and support File properties, windows update, windows defender, sfc scannow not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am experiencing lots of problem from the past two weeks as in the subject. 1First I noticed that the fileor folder properties were not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sandeep_Gupta97, Aug 4, 2020.

1. File properties, windows update, windows defender, sfc scannow not working

Hello,

I am experiencing lots of problem from the past two weeks as in the subject.

1First I noticed that the fileor folder properties were not working.Only the properties of "this pc" were opening. sub-properties are also not working. Its not working in safe mode either. So, I looked it up on the internet. That is when I came to know of other problems.

2I cannot run the command "sfc /scannow". It displays Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. It displayed the same error in safe mode.

3The windows update in not installing as I am getting 0x8000ffff error for 2020-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4565483.

4 Windows defender is not opening. Windows security is opening and virus and threat detection is working.I guess they are the same but on typing "windows defender" in the start search bar, there is an option for it with the same name but a general file icon, and another option for windows security. So I guess they are different.

5I tried resetting the pc in Setting>update and security>recovery>reset this pc. The reset would start and only after 1% stop and give a message that "the process could not be completed and settings will be restored", and restart.

6Earlier I was having start-up problems with a message "could not repair this pc" after which I had to go to advanced options and continue to open the laptop. This problem has fairly decreased.

I have tried:

1uninstalling the antivirus "Kaspersky security cloud" but nothing has changed.

2DISM and trusted installer command are working but not solving the issues.

3Scan the pc normally and by windows defender offlineaccessible through windows security, windows defender dialog box is still not opening.

4Installed shellxview to find if problem is due to any shell extension.

Please provide a solution. I cannot go to any stores for repair due to the lockdown and I need to access properties to even continue working without solving the other problems.

I am using a 64-bit operating system, x64 based processor. Also, I am not facing any performance issues other than slow startup. My best guess is that a few important system files are deleted due to which certain services are not working. They are not affecting the working of other operation.

:)

Sandeep_Gupta97, Aug 4, 2020

2. SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, Aug 4, 2020
  3. X800 Win User
    Windows 10 update doesn't work

SFC /Scannow did do that already + deleted all under C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution.

X800, Aug 4, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

File properties, windows update, windows defender, sfc scannow not working

SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

File properties, windows update, windows defender, sfc scannow not working

1. File properties, windows update, windows defender, sfc scannow not working - Similar Threads - File properties update

2. SFC scannow not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC scannow not working: As some background, my laptop's been having problems for a while now. These problems include-- Being unable to install Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 Install error - 0x8007371b- Being unable to install Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for...
  3. sfc /scannow not working, Windows not updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow not working, Windows not updating: Firstly, I've been experiencing persistent failures with Windows updates. Despite attempting multiple times, the updates do not install successfully. Furthermore, I've encountered an error while trying to run the "sfc /scannow" command in Command Prompt. The system seems...
  4. sfc /scannow not working, Windows not updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow not working, Windows not updating: Firstly, I've been experiencing persistent failures with Windows updates. Despite attempting multiple times, the updates do not install successfully. Furthermore, I've encountered an error while trying to run the "sfc /scannow" command in Command Prompt. The system seems...
  5. sfc /scannow not working, Windows not updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. SFC Scannow is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC Scannow is not working: When I try to enter the SFC Scannow command in command prompt it returns with "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service". What would I do to fix this?I am also limited as Everytime I restart my PC it sends me to the automatic repair screen....
  7. sfc /scannow not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow not working: Hello! Ive been facing this issue where "sfc /scannow" isnt working, whenever i try the command, i get "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." also, i tried DISM commands. The first "CheckHealth" didnt do anything, The second "ScanHealth" stopped at...
  8. Sfc scannow not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sfc scannow not working: My PC isn't working well recently, so i used the sfc /scannow command on command prompt. But it just got this error "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation." Any help is appreciated about this...
  9. SFC /scannow - Defender corruption?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC /scannow - Defender corruption?: A run today of sfc /scannow reported errors, with this message:. "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log." CBS.log was largely...
  10. SFC /scannow - Defender corruption?

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC /scannow - Defender corruption?: A run today of sfc /scannow reported errors, with this message:. "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log." CBS.log was largely...