Windows 10: File properties

Discus and support File properties in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Anyone know why when after hitting apply that the information that was entered dissapears? When i enter fields in properties and hit apply all the info... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by UrAchilles, Jan 6, 2019.

1. File properties

Anyone know why when after hitting apply that the information that was entered dissapears? When i enter fields in properties and hit apply all the info dissapears. It seems to be only happening with one certain file. Said app is groove music. Windows 10

:)

UrAchilles, Jan 6, 2019

2. File explorer file properties

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to follow the below procedure and check if you are able to add comment to the file.

• Right click on the files

• Select Properties

• Click on Details

• Move the cursor to comments tab and try typing the captions.
    Check if it allows you to type the comments.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Printer Properties

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to go to printer settings.

• In the search box type “control panel”.
    • Click on “device and printers”.
    • Then you can right click on your printer and then click on properties, change accordingly.
    I suggest you to follow the below article if you face any issues with printer and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 6, 2019
  4. jjmwjr366 Win User

File properties

Microsoft Properties

Hi Greg,

I followed your Task Manager steps and restarted the computer but the issue was still there.

Then I went to the first link you suggested and saw the options available. I elected to go to Microsoft Support to see if they had any File Explorer options available and they did. I downloaded the Mighty File Explorer. Using it, I checked the Properties
    of the external drive in question and it was able to see and list the size of the folder correctly! Thank you for your time. This solves the issue.

If you see a need for me to explore the other recommendations that you gave, let me know.

Thanks again!

jjmwjr366, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

File properties

1. File properties - Similar Threads - File properties

2. Cannot delete a zip file, cant be move to another location, cant check its properties...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete a zip file, cant be move to another location, cant check its properties...: I downloaded a zip file from Samsung Cloud, its a bunch of photos from my old phone, it's a trusted site and i dont know how it got corrupted when I successfully extracted it before this bug happened. Any solution on how to delete this zip file?...
  3. Windows Explorer Properties File Size and Folder / File Count not working accurately

Windows Explorer Properties File Size and Folder / File Count not working accurately: When you try to establish file sizes (right click-properties), e.g. for fitting on a backup flash drive / or copying, the file sizes in folders, and the files and sub-folders count is not complete / accurate, and represents a fraction of the total. This makes administration...
  4. Tabs missing from Drive properties in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tabs missing from Drive properties in File Explorer: in this pc my driver haven't the capacity details and in peroperties aren't the former tabs.i attach the picture. please help me fix this [ATTACH] ***Original title: deappearing driver peroperties***...
  5. The 'TAGS' Property for Photo Files is no longer working properly

The 'TAGS' Property for Photo Files is no longer working properly: I have loaded onto my PC (Windows 10) some more photos, to add to the hundreds already filed under the 'Pictures' folder. I have added some key words under 'Tags' in the File Properties, as I have done for the older photo files. But the key words and the related photo files...
  6. In Explorer,Able to rename a file but unable to Change Properties, Though It is...

In Explorer,Able to rename a file but unable to Change Properties, Though It is...: When I go a particular Folder or Sub-folder in Windows Explorer Ver, 10,In Explorer,I am able to rename few particular files but I am unable to change their properties. They are unprotected.They are not hidden. They are not read only even. I have Full Read, Write and Control...
  7. File Properties vs Windows Defender: Number of files is different

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File Properties vs Windows Defender: Number of files is different: If I right-click on Program Files, and select Properties, the number of files is 7,559. But if I right-click on Program Files, and select Scan With Windows Defender, the final dialog says that 143,953 files were scanned. Note that hidden files are visible. Is there any...
  8. Changing File Properties (i.e. moving Subtitle to Title)

Changing File Properties (i.e. moving Subtitle to Title): Hi Is it possible to change the properties of multiple files in a single process? For instance, moving Subtitle to Title on a batch of mp3s which would be too long-winded to do one at a time. I wondered if there was a DOS command using something like ATTRIB to reset file...
  9. unknown account "S-1" in file properties/ security

unknown account "S-1" in file properties/ security: Hi. an unknown account "S-1" which is unavailable on the computer except in "regedit" as shown in image is replacing registry files and even if remodifying the registry whereas immediately it takes back the registry even if removing/ denying type/ unselecting clicked choice,...
  10. unknown account "S-1" in security/ file properties

unknown account "S-1" in security/ file properties: Hi. an unknown account "S-1" which is unavailable on the computer except in "regedit" as shown in image is replacing registry files and even if remodifying the registry whereas immediately it takes back the registry even if removing/ denying type/ unselecting clicked choice,...