Windows 10: File properties

Discus and support File properties in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Anyone know why when after hitting apply that the information that was entered dissapears? When i enter fields in properties and hit apply all the info... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by UrAchilles, Jan 6, 2019.

1. File properties

Anyone know why when after hitting apply that the information that was entered dissapears? When i enter fields in properties and hit apply all the info dissapears. It seems to be only happening with one certain file. Said app is groove music. Windows 10

:)

UrAchilles, Jan 6, 2019

2. File explorer file properties

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to follow the below procedure and check if you are able to add comment to the file.

• Right click on the files

• Select Properties

• Click on Details

• Move the cursor to comments tab and try typing the captions.
    Check if it allows you to type the comments.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Printer Properties

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to go to printer settings.

• In the search box type “control panel”.
    • Click on “device and printers”.
    • Then you can right click on your printer and then click on properties, change accordingly.
    I suggest you to follow the below article if you face any issues with printer and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 6, 2019
  4. jjmwjr366 Win User

File properties

Microsoft Properties

Hi Greg,

I followed your Task Manager steps and restarted the computer but the issue was still there.

Then I went to the first link you suggested and saw the options available. I elected to go to Microsoft Support to see if they had any File Explorer options available and they did. I downloaded the Mighty File Explorer. Using it, I checked the Properties
    of the external drive in question and it was able to see and list the size of the folder correctly! Thank you for your time. This solves the issue.

If you see a need for me to explore the other recommendations that you gave, let me know.

Thanks again!

jjmwjr366, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

File properties

1. File properties - Similar Threads - File properties

2. My desktop is empty except for the files clicked in properties Windows 11 and current

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop is empty except for the files clicked in properties Windows 11 and current: Hi I have had this issue for awhile, my desktop is weird, i have had anomalies for a while. and i am a dropbox user.File manager defaults to homeit does show the desktop quick access does show the desktopyes i have tried to pin i discovered today that my computer name does...
  3. My desktop is empty except for the files clicked in properties Windows 11 and current

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My desktop is empty except for the files clicked in properties Windows 11 and current: Hi I have had this issue for awhile, my desktop is weird, i have had anomalies for a while. and i am a dropbox user.File manager defaults to homeit does show the desktop quick access does show the desktopyes i have tried to pin i discovered today that my computer name does...
  4. Cannot add or change file property values Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add or change file property values Windows 11: I am trying to add missing frame height and width information for a video file. I am unable to add or change any field value in the property details of the file. Clicking on the explorer details field only highlights the file entry. When displaying the property details tab,...
  5. Cannot add or change file property values Windows 11

Cannot add or change file property values Windows 11: I am trying to add missing frame height and width information for a video file. I am unable to add or change any field value in the property details of the file. Clicking on the explorer details field only highlights the file entry. When displaying the property details tab,...
  6. Win11 Pro & Win10 Pro - Adding custom notation to details tab of Rt click file properties...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Pro & Win10 Pro - Adding custom notation to details tab of Rt click file properties...: Hello, I remember that at one point in time I was able to right click on any file and click on properties and go to the details TAB on the file properties dialogue box and add a custom notation entry. I have just been posting on another forum that I love totally separate...
  7. Win11 Pro & Win10 Pro - Adding custom notation to details tab of Rt click file properties...

Win11 Pro & Win10 Pro - Adding custom notation to details tab of Rt click file properties...: Hello, I remember that at one point in time I was able to right click on any file and click on properties and go to the details TAB on the file properties dialogue box and add a custom notation entry. I have just been posting on another forum that I love totally separate...
  8. File properties being lost on picture files DNG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File properties being lost on picture files DNG: I have an issue where DNG picture files do not have Thumbnail - just standard default icon.I have deleted Thumbnail cache, increased size of Cache and rebuilt ... no change.Files with or without Thumbnails import happily into Adobe Lightroom and can be used without error.The...
  9. File properties being lost on picture files DNG

File properties being lost on picture files DNG: I have an issue where DNG picture files do not have Thumbnail - just standard default icon.I have deleted Thumbnail cache, increased size of Cache and rebuilt ... no change.Files with or without Thumbnails import happily into Adobe Lightroom and can be used without error.The...
  10. File properties being lost on picture files DNG

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing