Windows 10: File re-naming in win 10

Discus and support File re-naming in win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I copied/ripped a few movies to a USB drive. Everything works fine with this one exception, I stripped all the tags and information from the details... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tubtech, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Tubtech Win User

File re-naming in win 10

So I copied/ripped a few movies to a USB drive. Everything works fine with this one exception, I stripped all the tags and information from the details tab in properties. Next I renamed the file to lets say "Movie One" It renamed just fine but when you play the movie, the title shows up and says "Movie One.mp4" is there any way to remove this file extension when this title shows up?

I've tried the hide file extensions checkbox in options however this only hides the extension in the folder you are viewing.

Thanks for your help in advance.

~Bob

:)

Tubtech, Nov 19, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Nov 19, 2019
  3. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

File re-naming in win 10

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

File re-naming in win 10

1. File re-naming in win 10 - Similar Threads - File naming

2. Change or Delete File Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change or Delete File Name: Why why why can't I change the name or delete a folder: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-or-delete-file-name/fdf1e777-137d-484d-9093-68108b40e553"
  3. Automatic File Naming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic File Naming: I have to save a lot of images from a browser daily and I usually do that by dragging the image from the browser to a folder. The image automatically gets a name that consists of random numbers and letters. Can I somehow make new files acquire a sequential name? So if I have...
  4. All of my download files are getting named the same

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All of my download files are getting named the same: Regardless of what browser I use, or what type of files I download, I will always get the name download to appear as screenshot-www.amazon.com-2019.12.01-08\_41\_54 screencast-www.amazon.com-2019.12 th Not sure what could be causing the issue submitted by /u/grafcar...
  5. how can I display photo file name during screenlock slideshow?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can I display photo file name during screenlock slideshow?: How can I display photo file name during screenlock slideshow? I have thousands of photos and scans but I can't find the path to many of them. If Windows 10 displayed the name, then I could search for it....
  6. hi,i have a file named red dead redemtion2 i cant get it to open ,im not very good at pc

hi,i have a file named red dead redemtion2 i cant get it to open ,im not very good at pc: how do i open a compressed file .i think i need an app to open it ,i have been trying for long time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hii-have-a-file-named-red-dead-redemtion2-i-cant/6f6eaaa1-92de-46b5-b675-680d3e3a4f5b"
  7. Help with Windows User File Names

Help with Windows User File Names: Hello All, When I first installed Windows 10 in August, the User File name was C:/Users/15135/AppData/..... Somehow, and I don't remember how, I changed the file name to C:/Users/Doug/AppData/..... Everything was fine. I do not allow Windows updates, but in November I...
  8. Word fills in the wrong file name when I go to save

Word fills in the wrong file name when I go to save: I've now had this happen several times. I open a Word file, work on it, and when I go to save I get the WRONG file name in the file name field. I, of course, stupidly assuming when I hit save on a file the file name will be that of the file I'm actually working on, hit save...
  9. SMB fileshare files not showing up when accessing from domain name

SMB fileshare files not showing up when accessing from domain name: The files inside my file shares do not show up at all when i type my domain name in windows explorer but they show up when i access it through my ip. why does this happen?[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Renaming a file into multiple different names

in Windows 10 Support
    Renaming a file into multiple different names: Hi, I'll simplify question, I have one file that needs to be renamed and copied into multiple different names is there any batch in Windows 10 (OS build 18362.476) that I could use, I am also opened for any other suggestions? 145227