Windows 10: File re-naming in win 10

Discus and support File re-naming in win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I copied/ripped a few movies to a USB drive. Everything works fine with this one exception, I stripped all the tags and information from the details... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tubtech, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Tubtech Win User

File re-naming in win 10

So I copied/ripped a few movies to a USB drive. Everything works fine with this one exception, I stripped all the tags and information from the details tab in properties. Next I renamed the file to lets say "Movie One" It renamed just fine but when you play the movie, the title shows up and says "Movie One.mp4" is there any way to remove this file extension when this title shows up?

I've tried the hide file extensions checkbox in options however this only hides the extension in the folder you are viewing.

Thanks for your help in advance.

~Bob

:)

Tubtech, Nov 19, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Nov 19, 2019
  3. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

File re-naming in win 10

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

File re-naming in win 10

1. File re-naming in win 10 - Similar Threads - File naming

2. File Named 513710F3-!B8E4D7C-9ED5-D0BA94DCFB33 Is Taking Up 95 GB And I Have No Clue What...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Named 513710F3-!B8E4D7C-9ED5-D0BA94DCFB33 Is Taking Up 95 GB And I Have No Clue What...: Today i Notice That I Was Running Out Of Space On My Computer So I Ran WinDirStat To See What Was Taking Up Most Of my Storage After I Noticed That A File Named 513710F3-B8E4D7C-9ED5-D0BA94DCFB33 took Up 95 GB, But I Don't Know If It Is A Critical File Or How To Access It...
  3. File Named 513710F3-!B8E4D7C-9ED5-D0BA94DCFB33 Is Taking Up 95 GB And I Have No Clue What...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Named 513710F3-!B8E4D7C-9ED5-D0BA94DCFB33 Is Taking Up 95 GB And I Have No Clue What...: Today i Notice That I Was Running Out Of Space On My Computer So I Ran WinDirStat To See What Was Taking Up Most Of my Storage After I Noticed That A File Named 513710F3-B8E4D7C-9ED5-D0BA94DCFB33 took Up 95 GB, But I Don't Know If It Is A Critical File Or How To Access It...
  4. How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?: I have windows 10, and cannot delete this file from my Downloads folder:Abstract 4629_ Expression of cancer-associated proliferating cell nuclear antigen caPCNA in various stages and types of neoplasia breast, cervix, colon, gastric, lung, ovary, thyroid, and uterus _ Cancer...
  5. How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?: I have windows 10, and cannot delete this file from my Downloads folder:Abstract 4629_ Expression of cancer-associated proliferating cell nuclear antigen caPCNA in various stages and types of neoplasia breast, cervix, colon, gastric, lung, ovary, thyroid, and uterus _ Cancer...
  6. How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?

7. Stop predictive names in File open, save as, etc. dialog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop predictive names in File open, save as, etc. dialog: In the last update, I started getting predictive word choices popping up above the path and file name in the popup dialog when doing an open or save as operation. Normally, the dialog will complete the name based on actual directory/file names, that is wonderful. For example,...
  8. Stop predictive names in File open, save as, etc. dialog

Stop predictive names in File open, save as, etc. dialog: In the last update, I started getting predictive word choices popping up above the path and file name in the popup dialog when doing an open or save as operation. Normally, the dialog will complete the name based on actual directory/file names, that is wonderful. For example,...
  9. Two question: stop MS ads and what is the reason my files all changes name on my external...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two question: stop MS ads and what is the reason my files all changes name on my external...: Dear People,I have a MS ad that appears when I start the computer, or if I walk away for some time or set it on Sleep, when I hit a key to start it up there is a full page ad for MS 365 and other offers. Is there a way to stop it? I went into Chrome settings and to add site...
  10. Two question: stop MS ads and what is the reason my files all changes name on my external...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two question: stop MS ads and what is the reason my files all changes name on my external...: Dear People,I have a MS ad that appears when I start the computer, or if I walk away for some time or set it on Sleep, when I hit a key to start it up there is a full page ad for MS 365 and other offers. Is there a way to stop it? I went into Chrome settings and to add site...