Windows 10: File recovery after shift + delete and system restore

Discus and support File recovery after shift + delete and system restore in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi I mistakenly shifted + deleted a folder on drive C. This folder contained Word files. I then restored the system and checked with various software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by faezehf, Oct 19, 2021.

1. faezehf Win User

File recovery after shift + delete and system restore

Hi I mistakenly shifted + deleted a folder on drive C. This folder contained Word files. I then restored the system and checked with various software to restore them. It was not successful. I ran the restore system again and moved it forward. Exactly when the files were deleted. I checked again with the software to recover and the files were identified but could not be read. Can you help me recover the files? I need them. Thank You

:)

faezehf, Oct 19, 2021
  2. niciuffo Win User

RAID0 recovery?

Hmm okay, and how do I restore them? With a recovery software? Can you suggest one that works, maybe freeware? (I remember the name Recuva...)

niciuffo, Oct 19, 2021
  3. suraswami Win User
    Deleted file restore software.

Shute I never thought about system restore. But its been more than a week now, don't know if I can go back that far. But even then will it put back user files?

suraswami, Oct 19, 2021
  4. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CFile recovery after shift + delete and system restore :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CFile recovery after shift + delete and system restore :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

1. File recovery after shift + delete and system restore - Similar Threads - File recovery shift

2. Deleted System Restore Point recovery.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted System Restore Point recovery.: Hi,I wonder if i can recover a deleted Restore Point, because im having issue's right now and it is too difficult to fix it, thank's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-system-restore-point-recovery/de7c56fa-af90-46f8-b8ee-4db29e0c10cd
  3. Deleted System Restore Point recovery.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted System Restore Point recovery.: Hi,I wonder if i can recover a deleted Restore Point, because im having issue's right now and it is too difficult to fix it, thank's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-system-restore-point-recovery/de7c56fa-af90-46f8-b8ee-4db29e0c10cd
  4. Deleted System Restore Point recovery.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. File recovery after shift + delete and system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File recovery after shift + delete and system restore: Hi I mistakenly shifted + deleted a folder on drive C. This folder contained Word files. I then restored the system and checked with various software to restore them. It was not successful. I ran the restore system again and moved it forward. Exactly when the files were...
  6. File recovery after shift + delete and system restore

File recovery after shift + delete and system restore: Hi I mistakenly shifted + deleted a folder on drive C. This folder contained Word files. I then restored the system and checked with various software to restore them. It was not successful. I ran the restore system again and moved it forward. Exactly when the files were...
  7. Are system restore files deleted automatically?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Are system restore files deleted automatically?: I wanted to ask that can widows delete system restore files automatically?.....<original title - Pls help me only want to ask one doubt> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-system-restore-files-deleted-automatically/20eb73cf-c6ab-4568-bdb4-984ad1f06abe
  8. System Restore - Deleting user files.

System Restore - Deleting user files.: Hi there, My computer keeps freezing every couple of months and I need to format it. I have a lot of software that I need for my work and they take a long time to download. I want to use System Restore to go back to when I formatted and installed the software. I know System...
  9. Recovery of "Shift+Delete"d folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery of "Shift+Delete"d folder: Sir, I was accidentally deleted my folder from my E drive using "Shift+delete" option. I am using windows 10. Please show me the way to recover my folder? Thanks for your help....
  10. Recovery of "Shift+Delete"d folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery of "Shift+Delete"d folder: Sir, I was accidentally deleted my folder from my E drive using "Shift+delete" option. I am using windows 10. Please show me the way to recover my folder? Thanks for your help....