Windows 10: File recovery is getting easier on Windows 10 in the next update

Discus and support File recovery is getting easier on Windows 10 in the next update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft understands the pain of accidentally deleting a file that you didn’t mean to. In early 2020, Microsoft released a Windows File Recovery tool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 6, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

File recovery is getting easier on Windows 10 in the next update

Microsoft understands the pain of accidentally deleting a file that you didn’t mean to. In early 2020, Microsoft released a Windows File Recovery tool which allows you to reverse your decision and recover the files that you permanently deleted from everywhere, including the Recycle Bin.

Windows File Recovery is a command-line tool and it works like other third-party utilities Unlike third-party tools, though, you don’t have to pay for a premium version. It can be accessed using Command Prompt only, so it’s a bit less user friendly. However, there are plans to make the tool simple and new improvements are now rolling out.

File recovery is getting easier on Windows 10 in the next update File-Recovery-tool.jpg

Microsoft’s Recovery Tool for Windows 10 is getting better in the next update scheduled to arrive later this year and changes are already rolling out to the testers in the Windows Insider program.

With the latest preview update, Windows File Recovery Tool is getting faster and support for two new modes – ‘regular’ and ‘extensive’.

Using the new ‘regular’ mode, you can now scan your disk drive (NTFS file systems) for erased files and attempt to restore them. Microsoft noted that regular mode is the standard recovery option for users and it should be used when you’re trying to recover files that were recently deleted by you.

The regular mode is easier than the other methods and anyone with basic knowledge of Command Prompt should be able to recover their files. While the regular mode is more user friendly, it might not work if the free space in your drive was overwritten, especially if your PC comes with a solid-state drive (SSD).

If you’re trying to recover files that were deleted a long time ago, Microsoft recommends using the new ‘extensive mode’, which works even when a disk has become corrupted.

Since the initial release of Windows File Recovery in 2020, Microsoft says it has received valuable feedback from the users and more improvements will be released to the tool in the coming months.

The first big update for the recovery tool will be released to the general public using Windows 10 version 2004 or higher in early 2021.

The post File recovery is getting easier on Windows 10 in the next update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 6, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 6, 2021
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Download Windows 10 TH/RS

For the convenience of not having to use the installation media for startup repairs. But you should be able to use your installation media to do whatever the recovery partition does(including startup repairs). AFAIK. I could be wrong about that though.
    I'm not sure if I follow you there. But if you clean install Windows 10 there will be at least 3 partitions.
    • (EFI System Partition)
    • (Primary Partition)
    • (Recovery/OEM Partition)
    If you install from an OEM installation media there might(should?) be 4 partitions. Since there might(should?) be a Recovery partition and an OEM partition.

File recovery is getting easier on Windows 10 in the next update partitions-10-png.png

Back on topic...

Download May 8 CU KB4103721 x64 (326.5MB)

Brings system to 17134.48

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Jan 6, 2021
  4. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

1. File recovery is getting easier on Windows 10 in the next update - Similar Threads - File recovery getting

2. Windows 10 BSOD recovery next steps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 BSOD recovery next steps: I got Error Code 0xc0000001 and haven' been able to successfully boot for a couple of days. Fearing I'd lose my data, I bought a NVMe SSD external usb connector and copied most of the data onto a slow external HDD.Last night I ran drive and memory diagnostics and those tests...
  3. Windows 10 BSOD recovery next steps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 BSOD recovery next steps: I got Error Code 0xc0000001 and haven' been able to successfully boot for a couple of days. Fearing I'd lose my data, I bought a NVMe SSD external usb connector and copied most of the data onto a slow external HDD.Last night I ran drive and memory diagnostics and those tests...
  4. Windows 10 BSOD recovery next steps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 is finally getting dark theme improvements in next update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is finally getting dark theme improvements in next update: The dark mode phenomenon continues to spread through websites and apps on all platforms – and Microsoft is also committed to the dark theme. With Build 20211 for testers, Microsoft appears to be testing a new dark mode update for Windows 10 to improve the UI consistency. For...
  6. Windows 10: Selecting default apps for files is about to get easier

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Selecting default apps for files is about to get easier: Like Android and iOS, Windows 10 also ships with a bunch of pre-installed apps to improve your experience. If you use a lot of third-party apps, you may have run into the problem of Windows 10 trying to open up a file in the entirely wrong application. You can ‘fix’ this...
  7. Windows 10 is getting faster in next feature update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is getting faster in next feature update: Windows 10 devices could lose some of its lusters and get slower over time. While there are ways to improve your device performance, it looks like Microsoft is finally making changes with May 2020 Update to make Windows 10 run faster on some hardware. With Windows 10 version...
  8. easier file association?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    easier file association?: is there a way to force file association trough the program itself (in the settings/file associartion) inside the program like it used to be on windows 7? maybe using Group Policy Editor? or someway to batch associate a lot of them at once to a single software? looking...
  9. Windows 10 is getting a easier way to update and install drivers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is getting a easier way to update and install drivers: Windows 10’s next major update scheduled for release in 2020 will feature a new way to update and install optional drivers. In the changelog of Windows 10 Build 19536, Microsoft has confirmed that the firm is still working on an easier way to install drivers and monthly...
  10. OneDrive: Managing work files in browser getting easier

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive: Managing work files in browser getting easier: We’re constantly working on new ways to simplify how business users of OneDrive can manage their files. Over the next few weeks you’ll see a number of enhancements to the user experience in our web client. These small changes all add up to making it even easier to create,...