Windows 10: File Recovery - Seemingly Perma-deleted Library

Discus and support File Recovery - Seemingly Perma-deleted Library in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm a massive idiot, I know. I essentially had two music libraries - the default system one in C:\users\x whatever, and then my own on a secondary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jahewitt, Feb 15, 2019.

1. jahewitt Win User

File Recovery - Seemingly Perma-deleted Library

I'm a massive idiot, I know.

I essentially had two music libraries - the default system one in C:\users\x whatever, and then my own on a secondary hard disk at M:\Music. I was clearing through some stuff, and essentially deleted the wrong folder. My entire music collection was in that folder and, because it was so big (40-50GB minimum) it bypassed going to the Recycle Bin and disappeared into non-existence.

I'm now trying to use some software (this one's called Restoration, found it on CNET) to recover my files as I know that it won't have been deleted but merely earmarked as vacant, overwriteable space on my secondary disk. However, I'm having zero luck. I tried to restore library defaults and I got the folder back on my M:\ drive, but none of the contents. Searching for specific things that I know should be coming up results in nothing on this software.

How best to proceed? Because there's some stuff in that which are irreplaceable! Either could you recommend some better software (please free, as I am but a poor student), or tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks!

:)

jahewitt, Feb 15, 2019

2. Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Feb 15, 2019
  3. NdMk2o1o Win User
    Best free file recovery

My mate was doing a back up and somehow managed to delete a lot of important files and photos, he has downloaded a program called pctools which does file recovery and it finds the files though to recover them he has to pay, he is a bit dubious about paying before the recovery incase it doesnt do as advertised, does anyone know of any good free file recovery apps that actually work.

The files shouldnt be too hard to recover as they were just deleted from the recycle bin and the drive hasnt been formatted, any help appreciated.

NdMk2o1o, Feb 15, 2019
  4. niciuffo Win User

RAID0 recovery?

Hmm okay, and how do I restore them? With a recovery software? Can you suggest one that works, maybe freeware? (I remember the name Recuva...)

niciuffo, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

1. File Recovery - Seemingly Perma-deleted Library - Similar Threads - File Recovery Seemingly

2. Windows Update Perma-error: 0x80070570

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Perma-error: 0x80070570: This has been an issue for about a year, Windows update fails to install updates due to Error: 0x80070570I've tried installing Windows 11, which failed.I've tried DISM, SFC, and a lot of other stuff which concluded in fails.I've even tried doing a fresh start, which...
  3. Deleted File - Recovery??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted File - Recovery??: Hi, I am very hopeful that someone out there can help me.....yesterday, I connected my Samsung Galaxy phone to my Microsoft Surface via a USB, and basically cleansed my phone. I saved everything on to a new 'Samsung' file, which I had newly created to sit in my 'Documnets'...
  4. How to delete duplicate files from WMP library?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to delete duplicate files from WMP library?: How to delete duplicate files from WMP external drive G https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-duplicate-files-from-wmp-library/760893db-30c3-4673-9c69-f4d25c4cfde3
  5. delete file that does not seem to exist

delete file that does not seem to exist: I'm having a super weird problem. I have an external 2 TB Seagate hard drive. If I connect the drive to a USB port on my laptop there is only one folder I can see . If I connect the same drive to my router Netgear C3700 and view the files via ReadyShare, there are bunch of...
  6. Recovery of deleted files

Recovery of deleted files: Hi Everyone, It would be much appreciated if someone could help me with the following. Accidentally clicked on the Yes on the warning message below. "Deleting an online-only file permanently removes it from your PC without sending it to the Recycle Bin. Are you sure you...
  7. recovery deleted file

recovery deleted file: how can restore deleted word file from recycle bin of windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-deleted-file/9bbe6778-5c43-41e5-a026-2d92eddafd93"
  8. Deleting video files from Shared library

Deleting video files from Shared library: Please help me to delete videos from Shared library of Windows Media Player. I have some videos there, which I don’t want to share because my laptop is connected to the TV....
  9. Recover deleted recovery word file

in Windows 10 Support
    Recover deleted recovery word file: I accidentally deleted a recovery word file that I should have saved and now I can't find it anywhere. I am new to windows 10. The word file was created using Office 10. Could someone please help? 65313
  10. Perma-hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Perma-hide taskbar: Simple question. Is there a way to get rid of the taskbar in Windows ​permanently? It seems like such a simple idea but I've yet to see a native answer. Any registry tweaks? Anything? Thanks, 87433

Users found this page by searching for:

1. free download recovery my file library