Windows 10: file removal

Discus and support file removal in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how do I stop the 'McAfee process Validation service? I do not run their software and want to remove it. McAfee says they need remote access to my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SteadiedClub1, Dec 21, 2018.

1. file removal

how do I stop the 'McAfee process Validation service? I do not run their software and want to remove it.

McAfee says they need remote access to my computer before they can remove this service, I will not grant anyone remote access.

:)

SteadiedClub1, Dec 21, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 21, 2018
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Dec 21, 2018
  4. corrywd Win User

file removal

Cannot Remove File From File Explorers Recent Files List

I'm using Windows 10 and have always been able to remove files from the file explorer's recent files list. The file is listed as FileProvider and it is located in the ThisPC/downloads directory. Any other file is readily deleted from the list by the usual
    procedure. This file is not. Any suggestions?

THANKS

corrywd, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

file removal

1. file removal - Similar Threads - file removal

2. I cant get windows threat protector to remove a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant get windows threat protector to remove a file: Every time I run a scan it detects PUABundler:Win32/CheatEngine as being active and of low threat, I try and take action to remove it but every fresh scan the same file is detected. Malwarebytes doesn't detect anything but I still don't feel confident...
  3. I cant get windows threat protector to remove a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant get windows threat protector to remove a file: Every time I run a scan it detects PUABundler:Win32/CheatEngine as being active and of low threat, I try and take action to remove it but every fresh scan the same file is detected. Malwarebytes doesn't detect anything but I still don't feel confident...
  4. I cant get windows threat protector to remove a file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Apps and files on computer doesnt work after removing M.2 SSD where windows is installed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps and files on computer doesnt work after removing M.2 SSD where windows is installed...: So I recently had to go out of town and wanted to bring all my files with me in my PC for work to be able to access them on laptop. I removed the SSD with the files I needed and put it into an external SSD case. I was able to use and access my files on my laptop normally but...
  6. Apps and files on computer doesnt work after removing M.2 SSD where windows is installed...

Apps and files on computer doesnt work after removing M.2 SSD where windows is installed...: So I recently had to go out of town and wanted to bring all my files with me in my PC for work to be able to access them on laptop. I removed the SSD with the files I needed and put it into an external SSD case. I was able to use and access my files on my laptop normally but...
  7. Is This file Critical And If No How Do I Remove it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is This file Critical And If No How Do I Remove it: Today I Took A Pc File Scan And Saw That A File Took 91 GB Which I Thought Was Weird When I Tried To Go Into It It Sayed "Access Denied" But I Want To Know If This File Is Critical To The SystemFolder Path: C:/Program Files/Windows Apps/MSIXVCFile Name:...
  8. Is This file Critical And If No How Do I Remove it

Is This file Critical And If No How Do I Remove it: Today I Took A Pc File Scan And Saw That A File Took 91 GB Which I Thought Was Weird When I Tried To Go Into It It Sayed "Access Denied" But I Want To Know If This File Is Critical To The SystemFolder Path: C:/Program Files/Windows Apps/MSIXVCFile Name:...
  9. Just need a little more help with removing all OneDrive files and ensuring that no files in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just need a little more help with removing all OneDrive files and ensuring that no files in...: I had asked this question back in end of March, received a reply, and replied to that quite a while later, but have not received a response. I did take too long to attempt the actions and then ask about, so that is my fault. For the time being, I do still need that help.One...
  10. Just need a little more help with removing all OneDrive files and ensuring that no files in...

Just need a little more help with removing all OneDrive files and ensuring that no files in...: I had asked this question back in end of March, received a reply, and replied to that quite a while later, but have not received a response. I did take too long to attempt the actions and then ask about, so that is my fault. For the time being, I do still need that help.One...