Windows 10: File rename Each file heading will be start with specific name

Discus and support File rename Each file heading will be start with specific name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Each file heading will be start with specific text. [ATTACH] for example file name "Batch Transfer Summary" will be start with text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Md. ShohagMiah, Dec 7, 2020.

1. File rename Each file heading will be start with specific name

Each file heading will be start with specific text.

File rename Each file heading will be start with specific name 90f46b77-3430-4b1d-9935-1ccb478f3a73?upload=true.png

for example file name "Batch Transfer Summary" will be start with text "Supply_Chain". Then file name will be "Supply_Chain Batch Transfer Summary"

:)

Md. ShohagMiah, Dec 7, 2020
  2. maxim__s Win User

Bug: cannot rename the file/dir to a name starting with "."

Just try to create, using Explorer GUI, a new dir with the name starting with "."

Surely it will, as usually in Windows, create "New Folder" and then rename to the new name.

And the rename step fails with the error of "Rename: You must type a file name"

"md" and "move" from the command line work fine.

maxim__s, Dec 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name

Carlos: Thanks for your reply. What you suggest is what I have been doing. I search for folders with a specific name and get a list. Then I have to search each folder for a specific file. So it's a two step search and that's what I was trying to avoid.

I assume there are applications out there that allow for an "AND" search in Windows. I'll try that approach.

Thanks, again.

MarkMcDonough45, Dec 7, 2020
  4. red268 Win User

File rename Each file heading will be start with specific name

Gathering Names Of Multiple Files

Is it possible to get the names of multiple files and paste them in to Notepad or Word or something?

Not sure how clear that is - I've got a folder with lots and lots of films from holidays etc. I've spent ages renaming them all to something meaningful (Other than Mov0001, Mov0002 etc etc)
    Unfortunatly, at the time, I didn't think to copy and paste the names in to a file as I did each one. But now people want to know what things I've got - so I want a list of all the names without having to type each one out seperately.

Any ideas?

Thanks

red268, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

File rename Each file heading will be start with specific name

1. File rename Each file heading will be start with specific name - Similar Threads - File rename Each

2. Automate rename files - VERY specific request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automate rename files - VERY specific request: Hi there I have a about 3500 folders all in the same directory. The folder names are in the following format: "surname initials - file number" e.g. HUDSON JG - 2345 Is there a way to automate the renaming of these folders to the following format: 2345 - HUDSON JG ? In other...
  3. Automate rename files - VERY specific request

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automate rename files - VERY specific request: Hi there I have a about 3500 folders all in the same directory. The folder names are in the following format: "surname initials - file number" e.g. HUDSON JG - 2345 Is there a way to automate the renaming of these folders to the following format: 2345 - HUDSON JG ? In other...
  4. cant name or rename folders or files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant name or rename folders or files: hi ,whenever i create a new folder it just creates as "new folder" then when i try to rename it ,i press rename and it doesn't do noting not even a error message also when i try SHIFT = LEFT CLICK on it ,it doesnt do noting. also i cant rename all my other files please...
  5. cant name or rename folders or files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant name or rename folders or files: hi ,whenever i create a new folder it just creates as "new folder" then when i try to rename it ,i press rename and it doesn't do noting not even a error message also when i try SHIFT = LEFT CLICK on it ,it doesnt do noting. also i cant rename all my other files please...
  6. Looking For Way To Rename Files In Specific Ways

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking For Way To Rename Files In Specific Ways: I did a search for this but only found old results. I'm looking for a way to truncate file names in bulk by removing a common beginning and ending, leaving only the unique middle portion of the name. For example from this: AAAA - Dfhsd (3jd4).mp4 AAAA - hsji (3jd4).mp4 AAAA -...
  7. Command Prompt Renaming Files with " and ' in the file name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Prompt Renaming Files with " and ' in the file name.: I have a folder with thousands of files with in it. I have been trying to run various batch commands on the files within this folder, however some of these files have " and ' within their filename. Is there some way to either eliminate the problem characters from within the...
  8. Renaming a file into multiple different names

in Windows 10 Support
    Renaming a file into multiple different names: Hi, I'll simplify question, I have one file that needs to be renamed and copied into multiple different names is there any batch in Windows 10 (OS build 18362.476) that I could use, I am also opened for any other suggestions? 145227
  9. Files automatically renaming themselves, duplicate file names

in Windows 10 Support
    Files automatically renaming themselves, duplicate file names: I have a new laptop, so unless this is some weird feature that's specific to the laptop, then I assume it's a Windows 10 settings issue because I've never encountered anything like this before. I downloaded several JPGs and PDFs from various emails and began to change the...
  10. Rename Files In Bulk with % in Name

in Windows 10 Support
    Rename Files In Bulk with % in Name: Employee just got a new computer with Windows 10 and has several files that were copied over from another computer that have a % sign in the names. Don't ask me how. She has to rename them. Is there a way to change the % to an underscore in all the files at one time? Thank...