Windows 10: File rename tool that will create new folders and move files

Discus and support File rename tool that will create new folders and move files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I used to use Breeze Systems Downloader Pro to import my photos. I want to rename photo files based on date and time, and add a sequence number. Also,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by x509, Jan 27, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

File rename tool that will create new folders and move files

I used to use Breeze Systems Downloader Pro to import my photos. I want to rename photo files based on date and time, and add a sequence number. Also, I want each day's photos to be in a separate folder, based on date. Downloader Pro can do all that, and will move files into the right date-based folder.

But it doesn't handle TXT or DOC files that I use a lot to create notes of photos.*Sad So I've been looking, but cannot file a general purpose file renaming program that will do everything that Downloader Pro does, but for all files, not just various RAW formats and JPGs.

I know there are like a gajillion file rename utilities out there. It doesn't have to be free. I'm willing to pay say $10-20 for the right utility, because it would be a huge time-saver for me. *Smile

:)

2. Unable to create a new folder or rename a folder

Hi Edver,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I'll certainly help you with this.

I would like to let you know that you may not be able to rename or add a new folder from Quick access. It will allow you to open the folders that are frequently used, recently viewed files or the files/folders that are added to
    Quick access.

If you are unable to create or rename files/folders in other folders as well, then I would suggest you to run a SFC scan.

System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc /scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jan 27, 2019
  3. how to turn OFF EFS - Encrypting File System for files e folder

thanks for fast reply.

i followed your suggested steps, but there is a new problem.

When i try rename a file just created i receive erroe "files of folder not exit"

:\

blueskyler, Jan 27, 2019
  4. File rename tool that will create new folders and move files

Renaming files and making new folders

Since updating to windows 10 I have had a difficult time renaming files and folders. Sometimes having to open up properties to rename a file, folder from there.

and when I create a new folder that's all it is New folder I can't rename it and windows doesn't recognize a file with that name or the path to it but yet I can delete it.

Help!!!

Thank You

RichardWorkman106, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

File rename tool that will create new folders and move files

1. File rename tool that will create new folders and move files - Similar Threads - File rename tool

2. Renaming folders and files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming folders and files: File folders and documents won't rename without refreshing. New folder won't appear without refreshing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/renaming-folders-and-files/d173a7c3-230a-4a92-b71b-bb8308c3730d
  3. Can't move, rename, delete file or folder, where is my file shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move, rename, delete file or folder, where is my file shortcut: Hello, I am frustrating out here... I have multiple problems. And I don't know if it is appropriate to put all questions in one thread, but let me do it. This is my first post. Sorry for it. Windows 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.959) So the problem occurs like the...
  4. too long to create new folder or rename folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    too long to create new folder or rename folder: Microsoft - why does it take 30 to 90 seconds to create a new folder or rename it??? please assist us with this issue! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-long-to-create-new-folder-or-rename-folder/bf0c626d-5ab8-40a6-aa3e-d71a0efe47f4
  5. New files/folders move to main display when copied/created

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New files/folders move to main display when copied/created: Sometimes when I drag a file/folder to my desktop from a different location, it will move it to my main display and align it with the rest. Auto arrange is turned off. The same goes if I create a folder on my second display, it will appear when I want to create it, I name it...
  6. File Explorer - Creating new folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Creating new folders: Windows 1909 and before. Issue: When I try to create a new folder in File Explorer I can only type one letter then File Explorer acts like I pressed enter. For example if I Create a try to creater called " File Explorer will only let me create a folder called "j" The work...
  7. Creating new files and folders

Creating new files and folders: Every time I try to make a new folder or save a new file windows will not allow me. When i try yo make a new folder the following appears. [ATTACH] When scanning a document I get this [ATTACH] and when i try to save a word document I get this [ATTACH] Other apps give...
  8. Renaming and moving folders

Renaming and moving folders: When, if ever, is Microsoft going to fix the highly annoying problem that prevents folders from being moved or renamed? This has existed for some times and all kinds of "fixes" can be found on the Web but none of them work. The only fix is to do it with the Run Command, but...
  9. Unable to create a new file or folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to create a new file or folder: I cannot create a new file because my computer freezes when I hover a cursor on the word “new” that is on the right click menu. I’ve had this problem since the last Windows update...
  10. Rename file folder

Rename file folder: When I am trying to rename a number of files. I can do one and then for the next ones the program says the file is in use and cannot be changed. It is not in use anywhere. In order to rename, I have to close right out of File Explorer and then go back in and rename one file...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive file rename tool