Windows 10: File Restore After Replacing Hard Drive

Discus and support File Restore After Replacing Hard Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently replaced my hard drive and restored the data from the company that backed up my computer. However, I can not find my Work File. Can anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dennycrumpler, Apr 16, 2020.

1. File Restore After Replacing Hard Drive

I recently replaced my hard drive and restored the data from the company that backed up my computer. However, I can not find my Work File. Can anyone help me find it?

:)

dennycrumpler, Apr 16, 2020
  2. C R A Win User

Restore files after damaged hard drive

My hard drive died and was replaced by Dell. Fortunately (I think) my files were backed up to a Seagate external drive and I can find no clear instructions on how to restore/move my files correctly to my new hard drive.

I have the Seagate dashboard but it doesn't seem to find my files.

Are there specific steps? I suppose I could drag and drop the photos and music but I have other files, programs and information that I would like restored back like the original.

Any suggestions?

C R A, Apr 16, 2020
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Apr 16, 2020
  4. File Restore After Replacing Hard Drive

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

File Restore After Replacing Hard Drive

1. File Restore After Replacing Hard Drive - Similar Threads - File Restore Replacing

2. replacing Hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    replacing Hard drive: I bought a computer a while ago with the OS on a 200gb SSD. We've had nothing but troubles with space. I want to get a bigger SSD to salvage the PC, but I'm not sure how to move the OS over. A lot of forums/threads I've read seem risky, and the methods all seem varied. Anyone...
  3. Restoring my Windows 10 to a replaced Hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring my Windows 10 to a replaced Hard drive.: My hard drive failed in my Dell Inspiron Zino HD. I replaced the HD, loaded the original windows 7 disc then upgraded to windows 10 again. I had a back-up saved every week, on an external HD and went to the HD and clicked on restore my files to original location, but the...
  4. Restoring my Windows 10 to a replaced Hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring my Windows 10 to a replaced Hard drive.: My hard drive failed in my Dell Inspiron Zino HD. I replaced the HD, loaded the original windows 7 disc then upgraded to windows 10 again. I had a back-up saved every week, on an external HD and went to the HD and clicked on restore my files to original location, but the...
  5. Restoring my Windows 10 to a replaced Hard drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Will not hibernate after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Will not hibernate after replacing hard drive: Hello!I recently put in a new hard drive, and, since then, Windows 10 will no longer hibernate. It shuts down, instead, and I lose whatever was open at the time. By "lose" I don't mean I've lost data, I mean I forget what I had open and was working on! I recall my last laptop...
  7. Activation after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation after replacing hard drive: Hi! I will be replacing my faulty hard drive with an SSD next week. I am concerned about how reactivation works for this. Is it automatic/free? I have an HP laptop with OEM activation. I have reinstalled Windows before, but never a clean installation on a brand new drive....
  8. Restore files after damaged hard drive

Restore files after damaged hard drive: My hard drive died and was replaced by Dell. Fortunately I think my files were backed up to a Seagate external drive and I can find no clear instructions on how to restore/move my files correctly to my new hard drive. I have the Seagate dashboard but it doesn't seem to...
  9. Replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Replacing hard drive: Hey guys! So recently my hard drive crashed and I can not get into my computer. My question is if I get a new hard drive, looking at a portable option for 50 bucks, how do I install Windows 10 on this new drive. I have never done this before and all help is appreciated!...
  10. Restore Windows 10 boot after replacing main hard drive.

Restore Windows 10 boot after replacing main hard drive.: I installed Windows 10 on a secondary SSD in my laptop which I added later, while the EFI partition is still on the main HDD. Now the old HDD has bad tracks and I replaced it with a new SSD. Since the EFI partition is gone with the HDD, the laptop won't boot anymore. I do...