Windows 10: file retrieval from filestore

Discus and support file retrieval from filestore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After re-building my PC after it crashed I find I cannot retrieve any files backed up onto an external drive using filestore. As I turned on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stewart#, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Stewart# Win User

file retrieval from filestore

After re-building my PC after it crashed I find I cannot retrieve any files backed up onto an external drive using filestore.
    As I turned on Filestore as part of the recovery operation, the filestore display only allows me to see data backed up since then! What I need to see and retrieve is data backed up to the point of the crash but that information is blocked.

:)

Stewart#, Oct 10, 2020
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

Upgrade and retrieval

Hi Hamza,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps on how to retrieve files after the update to Windows 10 provided on this link:

Find lost files after the update to Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Oct 10, 2020
  3. How to retrieve photos from a zip file?

Hi,

As per the issue description you are facing issue in retrieving files from backup DVD. If you are facing issue in retrieving photos from zip file you may refer to the article mentioned below.

Zip and unzip files

Zip and unzip files

Please make sure that the services required for backup are running and set to automatic.

Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + R keys, type services.msc
    in run window and press Enter.

b. In services list, locate the following services and check if they are running.

- File history service.

- Volume shadow copy service.

c. If they are not running, right click the service and click properties.

d. Please select "Startup type" as "Automatic" and then click "Start" to manually start the service.

e. Click apply and ok.

Note: Please follow the above steps for both the services.

For restoring files from back up DVD you may follow the steps provided below and see if it helps you to restore them.

• Insert backup DVD.
    • Click on Windows key or Start icon present at the left bottom.
    • Type Backup in the search box.
    • Select Backup and restore from the list.
    • Click on restore my files dialog box, locate the files or folders you intend to restore. Click Next.

file retrieval from filestore [​IMG]

There are three ways to find your files.

• Search: Type part of the name of the file you intend to restore. Click the found file or Select All to restore all of the found files. Click OK.

• Browse for Files: Click the backup name and then the folder that contained the original file. Click the found file and then click Add Files.

• Browse for Folders: Click this button to open a dialog box of folders. Click a folder to restore all of the files in that folder. Click Add Folder.

• Choose the location to which you want the files restored.

You can either put the files back in their original location or in a new location. Select In the Following Location if you want to review the restored file before erasing your new version.

• Choose what to do with any preexisting copy of the file.

If you restore a file to a location that already contains a file of the same name, you’ll be asked to choose one of the following:

• Copy and Replace: The file currently in the original location will be replaced by the file restored from backup.

• Don't Copy: The backed up version isn’t restored. Nothing changes.

• Copy, But Keep Both Files: The original file will stay as is, and the restored file will include (2) in the filename.

• Do This for All Conflicts: Select this check box if you’re restoring multiple files and want to apply the same choice to each duplicate filename.

• Click the link to view restored files.
    • Click Finnish to close the dialog box.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 10, 2020
  4. file retrieval from filestore

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

file retrieval from filestore

1. file retrieval from filestore - Similar Threads - file retrieval filestore

2. Retrieving installer file from an installed program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Retrieving installer file from an installed program: Hello everyone,I would like to ask, whether there is any way to retrieve an installation file from an already installed program. I noticed, that there are options for repairing, modifying and uninstalling the program in the Programs lists in the settings. When I try to repair...
  3. retrieve files from temp admin users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    retrieve files from temp admin users: Upon restart with a temp user i moved my files from my user profile which i could still find and movedcut and paste them to the temp user which i thought was going to be my final user. Now of course upon restart i started with my own user again and cannot find the previously...
  4. retrieve files from temp admin users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    retrieve files from temp admin users: Upon restart with a temp user i moved my files from my user profile which i could still find and movedcut and paste them to the temp user which i thought was going to be my final user. Now of course upon restart i started with my own user again and cannot find the previously...
  5. how to retrieve applications from File History

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to retrieve applications from File History: Hi How can I retrieve applications saved in the File History so that I can restore them onto my laptop. There is no longer any previous restore point I can depend on. Best YY...
  6. file retrieval from File History

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file retrieval from File History: After re-building my PC after it crashed I find I cannot retrieve any files backed up onto an external drive using filestore. As I turned on Filestore as part of the recovery operation, the filestore display only allows me to see data backed up since then! What I need to...
  7. How to retrieve files from a temporary account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to retrieve files from a temporary account?: I was logged into a temp account earlier this week and saved all my files on there. How do I retrieve them? I checked in Temp folders and there were no files whatsoever submitted by /u/tdidster [link] [comments]...
  8. retrieving files from skydrive

retrieving files from skydrive: I was cleaning out an old laptop and found that I still have documents in a Skydrive folder. But when I dbl-click on any of them, nothing happens. Are they now not retrievable? Are these files I see just representations of what used to be in the Skydrive cloud and not...
  9. can i retrieve files from the cloud

can i retrieve files from the cloud: I have lost files from one drive. I am using a desktop windows 10. My apple laptop got wet, but the files did not come over. In fact qa lot have dissapeared...
  10. Retrieving files from harddrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Retrieving files from harddrive: Hi there, I'll try and round up my problem quickly basically was running windows10 (upgraded from 7) on my alienware computer then all of a sudden the other day the motherboard went pop! So as i have files and photos that aren't backed up anywhere i really need to access...