Windows 10: File-save as problem in Word 2013

Discus and support File-save as problem in Word 2013 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; When I try to save a doc in Word 2013, the save field does not have the title of the doc I want to save.It is of some other doc used in the past so I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by editman99, May 7, 2019.

1. editman99 Win User

File-save as problem in Word 2013

When I try to save a doc in Word 2013, the save field does not have the title of the doc I want to save.It is of some other doc used in the past so I have to enter the name of the doc I am wanting to save.Is there anything I can do to solve this ?

:)

editman99, May 7, 2019

2. Saving updates to a Word 2013 document

I am trying to save updates to an existing word 2013 document but the Save as dialogue box keeps popping up over and over and it wont save.

[Moved from: Office / Word / Windows 10 / Office 2013]

lisabelanger, May 7, 2019
  3. 4dw10 Win User
    Can't save MS Office 2013 documents after Win10 upgrade from Win8.1

PROBLEM:
    MS Office 2013 can't save files anywhere except in OneDrive (which I don't want to use).

BACKGROUND:
    • Win10 upgrade on Alienware 17 R2 (2015 model) from 8.1 went well - no errors.
    • After using for a few days (normal shutdown / startups), used MS Word to create a document.

1. Created my document
    2. Went to file save dialogue, typed in filename e.g. "status update.docx".
    3. Almost immediately, the MS Word file save dialogue popped back up with the same filename, but now appended with a "1" e.g. "statusupdate1.docx" and received an error message (1st clue things aren't right)
    4. Hit 'Save' and everything looks okay except the document name shown at the top of MS Word is "Document1" (2nd clue things aren't right)
    5. Choose 'File, Close' and dialogue "Want to save your changes to Document1?" pops up (3rd clue)
    6. Choose 'Save' and "statusupdate1.docx" appears as the filename -- no matter how many times I hit 'Save' the 'Save as' dialogue keeps coming back with the "statusupdate1.docx" filename
    7. I'm forced to choose 'Don't Save' in the dialogue to exit MS Word
    8. I CAN'T save in docx, docm, or doc in any location EXCEPT OneDrive
    9. I CAN save rtf versions everywhere

ACTIONS TAKEN:

1. Checked the web for fixes but didn't find any that worked
    2. Ran sfc /scannow
    3. Ran dism /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    4. Chose to completely remove MS Office 2013 and reinstall (used Microsoft's MSO total removal tool which removes all registry entries in addition to removing the files)
    5. After re-installation, experienced the same problem with MS Excel files (new problem after remove/install cycle)
    6. Checked out Microsoft's Known Issues with Office and Windows 10, but no joy - "Known issues with Office and Windows 10
    7. Now every time I use Word, it also tries to save normal.docx which it can't save, and which takes multiple steps to finally abandon saving. Since word is used by Outlook, it also means that I have the normal.docx style sheet issue when composing mail or opening attachments.
    8. UPDATE: Installed Office 2016 in trial mode. No change. Exactly the same problem with Office 2016 as Office 2013.

Any help appreciated.

UPDATE: SOLVED

Trusteer product from IBM was the problem. Once removed, all applications work and save normally.

4dw10, May 7, 2019
  4. File-save as problem in Word 2013

File extension *.docx

Hi Randy,

To change the file extension when saving a document in Word 2013, you may follow the steps below:

• Click on File; then, select Options from the list.
    • In the Word Options window, choose Save.
    • Under Save files in this format, select *.doc from the list.
    • Hit OK button to confirm and save the changes.

If ever your Word 2013 application is not recognizing the changes you have made, you may restart the application; however, if the issue still persists, we suggest that you repair it. To do this, see this
    link.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, May 7, 2019
Thema:

File-save as problem in Word 2013

1. File-save as problem in Word 2013 - Similar Threads - File save problem

2. PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!: Hi there, in the last couple of weeks I cannot print a pdf file to save in my documents. I have Windows 11. The file shows in my documents as a Word document! Plus it is completely in gobbledegook! I have tried to restart the computer and it is still happening. I have tried...
  3. PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!: Hi there, in the last couple of weeks I cannot print a pdf file to save in my documents. I have Windows 11. The file shows in my documents as a Word document! Plus it is completely in gobbledegook! I have tried to restart the computer and it is still happening. I have tried...
  4. Office 2013 Word and Excel

Office 2013 Word and Excel: When I try to open either Word or Excel, I get a message 'Something went wrong' . Then I need to close that message and click the icon again, which usually opens the app. I have gone to the Control Panel and 'Repaired' Office 2013 several times, yet the problem exists. Is...
  5. I have a problem with Microsoft Word 2013

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have a problem with Microsoft Word 2013: I have a problem with microsoft word 2013. The problem is that when I select a blank page and try and type I keep getting theses rectangle boxes, Please see picture and Hopefully some kind sole will help me remove them. Sorry if this in the wrong group Thanks for...
  6. Museo 100 Word 2013

Museo 100 Word 2013: I want to use the font Museo 100 in Word 2013 but I can't find among the list of fonts. May someone tell me what to do please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/museo-100-word-2013/53a27c73-3bb6-4ed8-a785-d7900f3f2b3a
  7. Word 2013 with a border

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word 2013 with a border: Hi, Using a word document & inserting an image. I was attempting to add space around the image as it was too close to the text. From then on it seems, I have an internal box which now surrounds my text which I cannot delete. Your help would be much appreciated. Thank You....
  8. Word 2013

Word 2013: Attention my words 2013 disappear from my laptop Having issues printing & things like I WROTE with Words 2013 Turn to pads https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2013/b86e27da-bbc6-46c6-bfa6-2d820cb04a66
  9. How to recover my Word 2013, and my saved work?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to recover my Word 2013, and my saved work?: Hi everyone I hope someone can help me? I am running Windows 10; and, I have, or should I say HAD, Word 2013, as my word processor. Somehow I seem to have lost my MS Word 2013, and all my saved word docs. I really need to get my MS word 2013, and all my saved work recovered:...
  10. Problem with font in microsoft word 2013

Problem with font in microsoft word 2013: Hello, I have a problem. I bought a new laptop and the font is quite different to the font I use on my windows 8. Please can someone help me to fix this problem? Here's the right font. [img] My font now in Windows 10 - Word 2013. [img] The wrong font and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. MS office save as file name