Windows 10: "File Search Form" Error Different Textbox Control..?

Discus and support "File Search Form" Error Different Textbox Control..? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Usually, all forms in Windows use "Textbox Control". In Windows 10 this time, a different control was used for "file search". I am wondering if there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jaque_K, Aug 14, 2020.

1. jaque_K Win User

"File Search Form" Error Different Textbox Control..?

Usually, all forms in Windows use "Textbox Control".

In Windows 10 this time, a different control was used for "file search". I am wondering if there is any special reason.

This is because frequent errors occur.

When I place the cursor on the "File Search" in a folder, the folder dies.Sometimes the "task bar" also dies.

I am afraid every time I search for files.

Then, I found that it is different from the general "TextBox Control" before that, but I wonder why I did this.

Maybe it was done to speed up the file search...?

"File Search Form" Error Different Textbox Control..? 4e94e72f-43a8-4cc1-9b19-5854f7274a6e?upload=true.png

:)

jaque_K, Aug 14, 2020

2. How To Access A Textbox On One Form From Another Form?

I have read many forums and answers on the Internet and since I will not be taking C#.NET at my university until later, I still want to know how to modify a textbox on my main form from another form.

I am making an automatic code generator for HTML, and on my main form I have a textbox showing the HTML code currently in a .html file. On my main form, I also have a button to access a code editor, which I put into a different windows form.

Now, whenever I make code changes in my code editor, save it, and exit that windows form, what do I write in that formClosing or formClosed event handler to update the textbox on my MAIN form? By the way, I have already set that textbox to public status.

char[] rager, Aug 14, 2020
  3. How To Access A Textbox On One Form From Another Form?

You have to either put in a property or make the textbox object public. Then you can access it via InstanceOfOwningForm.NameOfTextbox.

E.g.
    Code: public class MainForm : Form { private TextBox _DisplayBox = new TextBox(); public MainForm() { InitializeComponent(); ChildForm frm = new ChildForm(); frm.ShowDialog(); _DisplayBox.Text = frm.EditableText; } } public class ChildForm { private TextBox _MyTextBox = new TextBox(); public string EditableText { get { return _MyTextBox.Text; } set { _MyTextBox.Text = value; } } }[/quote] The other alternative is to make a static class and a variable static to hold the value. Static means it is owned by the class instead of the object.

Code: public static class Static { public static string EditableText; } public class MainForm : Form { private TextBox _DisplayBox = new TextBox(); public MainForm() { InitializeComponent(); ChildForm frm = new ChildForm(); frm.ShowDialog(); _DisplayBox.Text = Static.EditableText; // Reads the value and displays it. } } public class ChildForm { private TextBox _MyTextBox = new TextBox(); public Childform() { Initialize Component(); this.FormClosing += new FormClosingEventHandler(this.MainForm_FormClosing); } private void MainForm_FormClosing(object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e) { Static.EditableText = _MyTextBox.Text; // Sets the text. } }[/quote]

FordGT90Concept, Aug 14, 2020
  4. "File Search Form" Error Different Textbox Control..?

How to view multiple lines in a Windows Forms TextBox control so that the last visible line is not cut vertically?

How to view multiple lines in a Windows Forms TextBox control so that the last visible line is not cut vertically without changing the font and size of the Textbox?

It works fine automaticaly in all versions of Windows until Windows 10 1809.

Ilia Vorobyov, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

"File Search Form" Error Different Textbox Control..?

1. "File Search Form" Error Different Textbox Control..? - Similar Threads - File Search Form

2. File names are different when searched

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File names are different when searched: I had some files that I changed the name. Actually it was just a small change in UPPER and lower cases. I changed some lowercase letter into uppercase but when I search in Explorer the lowercase name shows. When I copy from search and paste somewhere it's the same lowercase...
  3. File names are different when searched

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File names are different when searched: I had some files that I changed the name. Actually it was just a small change in UPPER and lower cases. I changed some lowercase letter into uppercase but when I search in Explorer the lowercase name shows. When I copy from search and paste somewhere it's the same lowercase...
  4. File names are different when searched

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. filling in forms, search boxes etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    filling in forms, search boxes etc.: Why does any box I need to enter info into, fill up with dashes like this -------- until it fills the box? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/filling-in-forms-search-boxes-etc/c11fb58e-879c-491c-93c1-e0c44cd74f41
  6. Search Textbox in Upper Right Corner of Window Will Not Let Me Type to Search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Textbox in Upper Right Corner of Window Will Not Let Me Type to Search: In the Upper right corner of every window in Windows (I have Win10) is a magnifying glass, ready for typing a keyword. Upon reaching the window for This PC, the textbox is locked. Why?...
  7. Improving form controls in Microsoft Edge and Chromium.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Improving form controls in Microsoft Edge and Chromium.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/di9zkg/improving_form_controls_in_microsoft_edge_and/
  8. How to view multiple lines in a Windows Forms TextBox control so that the last visible line...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to view multiple lines in a Windows Forms TextBox control so that the last visible line...: How to view multiple lines in a Windows Forms TextBox control so that the last visible line is not cut vertically without changing the font and size of the Textbox? It works fine automaticaly in all versions of Windows until Windows 10 1809....
  9. VBA Forms textbox Date format locale problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    VBA Forms textbox Date format locale problem: I'm using Excel VBA and an MSForms Textbox, bound to a worksheet cell containing a UK fiscal year date value of 6th April of some year I simply want to display this date in a Forms Textbox, formatted in my locale style - dd/mm/yyyy OR dd mmm yyyy I can find no way to...
  10. Search results of settings and control panel are in different language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search results of settings and control panel are in different language: I'm from Belgium, so my Windows 10 is in Dutch. To try something, I changed the display langugae to English. Everything was English, no problem. But when I changed it back to Dutch, everything changed back to Dutch except the search results of settings and control panel....