Windows 10: File Search Indexing

Discus and support File Search Indexing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello community, my files from a network mapped drive are not indexed. when i search a file from Windows Search, it does not find the file yet the is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LiveApp, Aug 30, 2019.

1. LiveApp Win User

File Search Indexing

Hello community, my files from a network mapped drive are not indexed. when i search a file from Windows Search, it does not find the file yet the is there on my network mapped drive. The workstation is running windows 10, my network folder is shared locally from Windows 10 PC. The server is not a Domain, its just a file server. The option on the Mapped Drive Options for Indexing is ON. File search is working for locally stored files only on the Workstation except the Mapped Drive.

Please assist. thanks

:)

LiveApp, Aug 30, 2019
  2. Jan Del Win User

Windows 10 indexing / search

Hi Erik,

System conflict is one of the possible reasons why the index built will not function properly. We suggest running the Search and Indexing troubleshooter by following these steps to resolve your issue:

• Open Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all.
    • Select Search and Indexing and select the proper scenario that you are experiencing on indexing and click
      Next for the troubleshooting to begin.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Search - Indexing not running

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why you're having issues when using search is because of a corrupted user profile. For us to assist you, we suggest that you create another account with administrator privileges and try to use the search feature again. Here's an
    article that you can visit to see how to do it:
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the steps listed below to correct the settings of your Indexed folder:

• Press the Start button.
    • Type %LocalAppData%.
    • Select Packages.
    • Click on windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy.
    • Choose LocalState.
    • Right-click the Indexed folder.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click Advanced.
    • Click the checkbox beside Allow files in this folder to have contents indexed in addition to file properties so that a check mark appears.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK. A window with a progress bar will pop up as the folder is indexed.
    • Click OK when the indexing progress is finished.

After doing the steps provided, kindly try to use the search feature again.

Kindly update us with the results and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Aug 30, 2019
  4. File Search Indexing

Search index settings

Hi Samir,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this. This issue may arise due to some corruption or broken index. Kindly refer the below given methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Search and Index troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.
    • Select Troubleshooting. Click on
      and select Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

If issue persist, I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

File Search Indexing

1. File Search Indexing - Similar Threads - File Search Indexing

2. Search and Indexing Issues

in Cortana
    Search and Indexing Issues: I cannot manage to make Windows 10 search find shortcuts inside "%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\".To be more specific, I created a 'test' folder with a 'test.txt' file inside, I put it in several locations and, each time I move it, I select it as the only option...
  3. Search & indexing not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search & indexing not working.: Search & indexing not working & the HELP site from Microsoft Support with the heading Search indexing in Windows 10: FAQ Does Not Help. Using say File Explorer if I search for a file by its name first near the top it reads: Working on it. Then the thinner strip up near the...
  4. search indexing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search indexing: i cannot able to on search indexing and when i try to off or on the search indexing it is not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-indexing/4dfc976c-6238-4bd2-9da5-e390b5e5cbb3
  5. search indexing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search indexing: i cannot able to on search indexing and when i try to off or on the search indexing it is not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-indexing/4dfc976c-6238-4bd2-9da5-e390b5e5cbb3
  6. Search Index

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Index: Sir, I have HP 14s laptop with windows 10 OS and my laptop has been some issue with search index Indexing is not running from few days back and I have to know proper solution to solve this problem. I already done with all step present on Youtube and by HP consultant on...
  7. Search Index Not Consistently Indexing Contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Index Not Consistently Indexing Contents: Hello, I think I have hit the limit of my knowledge with an issue I'm hitting and figured I would share in case anyone has any insights! I'm currently running Windows 10.0.19042 on this machine. I am using the Windows Search Index in a powershell script in order to help with...
  8. Windows File Explorer Indexing; Index Rebuild for better search results

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer Indexing; Index Rebuild for better search results: So, in Windows File Explorer I went to View/Options/Change folder and search options then clicked Restore Defaults on all three tabs: General, view, and search because of a whole other issue that I fixed later and has nothing to do with my current issue.BUT by clicking...
  9. Search Indexing and Windows file explorer not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Indexing and Windows file explorer not responding: Hi, so my problem started a week ago when I updated my computer, and had just downloaded some new software, not sure which one the problem may stem from since it was at the same time, but I do trust the software company, it's tied with my University. Problem is this: when...
  10. Windows Search / File Indexing problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Search / File Indexing problems: It's been a while since I've been on TenForums. So, I built my system originally in 2012 on an already semi-old MSI board with an AMD Athlon II x4 and 8GB of RAM. As time has progressed, the OS has been upgraded from Windows 7, to 8, to 8.1, to 10, and the system has...