Windows 10: File Search won't work

Discus and support File Search won't work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. When I right click on "File Explorer," nothing happens. It worked fine up until a few weeks ago. I have Windows 10 and am not sure if this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RhondaTaylor3, Oct 25, 2019.

1. File Search won't work

Hello. When I right click on "File Explorer," nothing happens. It worked fine up until a few weeks ago. I have Windows 10 and am not sure if this started after the last update. Any solutions? Thanks.

:)

RhondaTaylor3, Oct 25, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the search and indexing troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on the Indexing Options.
    • Click on the Troubleshoot search and indexing.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER
      :
    sfc /scannow

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 25, 2019
  4. File Search won't work

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

File Search won't work

1. File Search won't work - Similar Threads - File Search won't

2. Windows Search is Not Interactable and won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search is Not Interactable and won't work: Recently I've encountered a problem with the Search Bar and this issue occurs on the Task Bar and File Explorer Search, Whenever I click on it nothing happens, it won't let me type in it or show any results. for whatever reason I can still interact with it using Ctrl + F but...
  3. search & file explorer search not working

in Cortana
    search & file explorer search not working: Whenever I try to search in the Windows search bar it just closes. Even my file explorer keeps on hanging. Tried to do system restore before and its just stop. What else?...
  4. search & file explorer search not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search & file explorer search not working: Whenever I try to search in the Windows search bar it just closes. Even my file explorer keeps on hanging. Tried to do system restore before and its just stop. What else?...
  5. search & file explorer search not working

6. Search Not working and Cortana Won't Open

in Cortana
    Search Not working and Cortana Won't Open: Windows Search will not work on my computer. I cannot access Cortana settings. I cannot access the "about" screen to find out which version of windows 10 is running. I have reset the troubleshooting index for search. It does not find any known issues. Windows Updates...
  7. Native search bars won't work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Native search bars won't work.: Title. When I try and use any search bar in any native application, it doesn't work. To be absolutely clear, it is just search bars. So like, if I open settings the search bar at the top doesn't work. But if I try and use the "rename this PC" function, that text box works. Of...
  8. Windows search function won't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows search function won't work: A couple of nights ago I used the Windows search function from the start icon to find the Windows snipping tool. As soon as I started typing "snipping" it of course started looking for things and brought them up in the box above. But last night I went to do the same thing I...
  9. File Search won't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Search won't work: Hello. When I right click on "File Explorer," nothing happens. It worked fine up until a few weeks ago. I have Windows 10 and am not sure if this started after the last update. Any solutions? Thanks....
  10. Cortana/Search won't work

Cortana/Search won't work: Hey, search box a.k.a cortana isn't working. I tried the method with task manager to end the process but it isn't working. Anyone has any ideas how can i make this work? Thanks 19463