Windows 10: File searching criteria

Discus and support File searching criteria in Cortana to solve the problem; How do I search for a file using creation date and time... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by allanFenwick, May 11, 2021.

1. File searching criteria

How do I search for a file using creation date and time

:)

allanFenwick, May 11, 2021

2. File Explorer Search Criteria

File Explorer Search Criteria: can you use search characters e.g. ? *

JohnMacKay6, May 11, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    File Explorer Search Criteria

Hi john

Yes you can use wildcards when searching in Windows File Explorer

Here is a really good guide to all sorts of advanced search criteria, including the use of wildcards . . .

https://www.howtogeek.com/school/learning-windo...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

DaveM121, May 11, 2021
  4. File searching criteria

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 11, 2021
Thema:

File searching criteria

1. File searching criteria - Similar Threads - File searching criteria

2. Outlook, Make custom search folder criteria, emails to only to Bill

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook, Make custom search folder criteria, emails to only to Bill: I made a simple search folder with the criteria sent from me to this other person Bill (not his actual name). I want to only see emails I sent to him, but not sure how to do that only part to work. I dont want to see emails in this custom folder with emails I sent to Bill and...
  3. How to search tags with multiple criteria using AND in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to search tags with multiple criteria using AND in File Explorer?: How do I search tags with multiple criteria using AND in File Explorer? For example, I want to find files that have been tagged with both "mom" AND "dad". Currently, I can find files using OR, but it doesn't work for AND....
  4. How to search using multiple criteria in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to search using multiple criteria in File Explorer?: In File Explorer I'm entering the search query below. It doesn't work as expected, and will find files outside of the date range. How can I search for .mp4 AND .mov files within a date range? modified:1/1/2020..2/4/2020 AND name:*.mp4 OR name:*.mov...
  5. windows search box not producing result from search criteria

in Cortana
    windows search box not producing result from search criteria: windows search box not producing result from search criteria https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-box-not-producing-result-from/e03e771f-4983-40e5-a1b8-c6af5df12d62"
  6. Add search criteria in Word 2013

Add search criteria in Word 2013: In Word 2013 I need to know how to add search criteria. Ex. I want to search my computer for all documents I've created in word saved as Purchase Agreement, in addition to those containing the word acre and created on or after January 1, 2018. In Word 2003 I was able to do...
  7. File Explorer Search Criteria

File Explorer Search Criteria: File Explorer Search Criteria: can you use search characters e.g. ? * https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-search-criteria/b3710944-73e5-490b-9372-97901eb82b61"
  8. Google tracking criteria

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google tracking criteria: How does the google know that it is me, after clearing all cookies and logs of my PC. Because when I opens the 'Chrome' it still shows my google id and not logged off. I think that google can only tracks us by using cookies. But how they still treats us as same user before,...
  9. Bitlocker hardware criterias

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker hardware criterias: Hello there. I configured bitlocker on some W10 computers with and without TPM. Where can I find the criteria to choose which hardware modifications will cause bitlocker lockdown? 34396
  10. How do you narrow Win 10 search criteria

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you narrow Win 10 search criteria: When you think you know part of a file name, how do you search only for files on "this PC" that have that word or words in the file name. I may be missing something but when I search, I get everything that has the search word anywhere in it and I am left with hundreds of...