Windows 10: File share copy speed slow

Discus and support File share copy speed slow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I have a Windows Server hosting some shares. The server has an 10GBPS network card and hosts connected through a 1GBPS ports. When copying files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NullRefrenceException, Mar 7, 2019.

1. File share copy speed slow

Hi.
    I have a Windows Server hosting some shares.
    The server has an 10GBPS network card and hosts connected through a 1GBPS ports.

When copying files down from server the copy speeds dont pass 10 mbytes per second.
    When copying files up to server the copy speeds passes 100 mbytes per second.

I have used iperf to test network speeds and it easily shows that the network speeds are indeed 1gbps.
    I also tried non-smb reliant file transfer tools and they all was able to reach 1 gbps speeds with no problem.

All other file copy tools using SMB was capped at same speed.

So the problem is quite strange and i am not sure where i should look next to resolve this File share copy speed slow :(
    Any ideas anyone?

:)

NullRefrenceException, Mar 7, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Mar 7, 2019
  4. File share copy speed slow

Copying files to usb drive is too slow speed in Windows 10

Hi Prashant,

Let's troubleshoot the issue by following steps provided by ThofikhAhamad's on October 6, 2015. Just click this

link
    to see the forum post.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jericho Lap, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

File share copy speed slow

1. File share copy speed slow - Similar Threads - File share copy

2. Slow copy and file transfer speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow copy and file transfer speeds: 35,000 files 1.7gb. Taking days to transfer/copy. Ridiculously slow. No information regarding the exact mb/s or kb/s. It's 2024 can we speed it up a little Microsoft?...
  3. Slow copy and file transfer speeds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow copy and file transfer speeds: 35,000 files 1.7gb. Taking days to transfer/copy. Ridiculously slow. No information regarding the exact mb/s or kb/s. It's 2024 can we speed it up a little Microsoft?...
  4. Copy speeds are very slow on PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copy speeds are very slow on PC.: I'm copying some files that are 8gb each and the speeds keep changing. They went from 1gbps to 40 Mbps. Any help on how to speed this up? submitted by /u/Depression126 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i51f3m/copy_speeds_are_very_slow_on_pc/
  5. ULTRA slow copy and download speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ULTRA slow copy and download speed: Since about two weeks ago my Windows 10 desktop PC has had ultra, ultra slow download and copy speed. I average about 100KB/s and it's even been as slow as 100 bytes/s once. Oddly I can still stream videos, play games and load webpages absolutely fine. I've looked online at...
  6. Windows Defender slow copy performance with small files to SMB share

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender slow copy performance with small files to SMB share: I tried to add the SMB target (drive m:) to the exclusions, but it does not help. Copying 2000 small files is only possible with 3-8MB/s: [ATTACH] If I disable the real-time-scan its more than 40MB/s: [ATTACH] Why does the exclusion not work and why does Defender scan...
  7. Windows 10 slow copy and cut speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 slow copy and cut speed: I regularly move files from drive C to other drives. It used to be that files were moved instantly. Now, however, it takes minutes to move them. The speed is now very slow and often drop to kilobytes per seconds. Moving files from the same drive is still as fast as usual,...
  8. Fix Slow file copy speed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Slow file copy speed in Windows 10: [ATTACH] We copy and move a lot of files around on our computer. And most of the copying takes place to and from external devices. If due to some issues, you face slow copy or move speed, then this post may [...] This post Fix Slow file copy speed in Windows 10 is from...
  9. Large file copying speed. Why does it slow down?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Large file copying speed. Why does it slow down?: When I copy a file about 2TB in size from 1 disk to another the speed starts of fast say 185MBps and then drops to about 80MBps. This happens both on my desktop. On my laptop copying between two partitions slows down to a similar speed. Why does this happen? 94445
  10. slow complicated file copying

in Windows 10 Support
    slow complicated file copying: I am using Win10 10240. I have a problem copying a large number of big files. The setup is a bit tortuous. The source is an old WD Cloud NAS on ethernet via my ethernet connected router. The destination is an external hard drive on USB3.0 Using file explorer, I drag a...