Windows 10: File Share like FTP in Window 10 Pro

Discus and support File Share like FTP in Window 10 Pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't fine any tutorial if is possible to make a file host / share like FTP but with Windows 10. To connect with \\IP and to be visible for all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndRo Marian, Feb 20, 2019.

1. File Share like FTP in Window 10 Pro

I can't fine any tutorial if is possible to make a file host / share like FTP but with Windows 10.
    To connect with \\IP and to be visible for all the internet. Not Home Group, Not My Network.

+ i have a router.

Need windows server for that ?
    Thanks.

:)

AndRo Marian, Feb 20, 2019

2. Add native FTP feature in Windows 10 Mobile's File Explorer

I noticed that Windows 10 Mobile lacks the functionality to connect to an FTP server. This is unlike the Windows 10 File Explorer on PC where connecting to an FTP server is built-in and needs no extra applications to aid with the connecting. I would like
    to suggest native FTP connectivity a feature in Windows 10 Mobile's File Explorer, since it would be easier without the need of a third-party application.

It would be great to move files from a Windows 10 Mobile device over to an FTP server that is located at home or at the office. Therefore, I am suggesting this.

Lumia 625 user, Feb 20, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    FTP Server [With its own file Database] ?

I don't see a reason why the FTP needs to index the files before hand and not just read the directory when it is needed.

Of course the main reason against this is that any system like this wouldn't be up to date. Once the files system is indexed, if changes are made via something other than the FTP server itself the FTP server index would be outdate.

We see similar issues with Windows Indexing, a file can be deleted and it still shows up in the index, or a file can be created and it doesn't show up in the index.

Reading the actual file structure the moment it is requested insures that the file list is accurate, and really uses very little system resources.

newtekie1, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

File Share like FTP in Window 10 Pro

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

File Share like FTP in Window 10 Pro

1. File Share like FTP in Window 10 Pro - Similar Threads - File Share FTP

2. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  3. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  4. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. FTP with Dynamic IP on a Windows 10 pro machine

FTP with Dynamic IP on a Windows 10 pro machine: Dear, I have a Windows 10 pro machine on which I activated FTP Server. My network has a dynamic IP address. I want to protect the server and want to add an SSL to the FTP settings. a. Can that be done with a dynamic IP address. I understand the issue that users have...
  6. File Share like FTP in Window 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    File Share like FTP in Window 10 Pro: I can't fine any tutorial if is possible to make a file host / share like FTP but with Windows 10. To connect with \\IP and to be visible for all the internet. Not Home Group, Not My Network. + i have a router. Thanks. 127563
  7. How to update files on an FTP Server on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to update files on an FTP Server on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Until now, we have taken a look at how to set up an FTP Server and how to configure it to be accessed from an external network via the Internet. But to make the most out of it, not only [...] This post How to update files on an FTP Server on Windows 10 is...
  8. Windows XP and Windows 10 pro file sharing issue

Windows XP and Windows 10 pro file sharing issue: i am not able to access windows 10 pc from windows xp pc please guide me how to do the print and file sharing for windows 10 so that i can access windows 10 pc from windows xp pc...
  9. Windows 10 Pro File & Printer Sharing Issue

Windows 10 Pro File & Printer Sharing Issue: We have three machines running Windows 10 on our home network (2 desktops; one with Windows 10 home & one with Windows 10 pro and one laptop w/ Windows 10 home). We previously had a homegroup setup that allowed us to share printers and files and access a USB 3.0 4TB...
  10. How to share usb on the router in the network folder in Ftp Windows 10

How to share usb on the router in the network folder in Ftp Windows 10: Hello, how can I share on the Net (Asus DSL-N14U router), usb in Ftp with W10, if possible as W7 described in the image? Thank you [img] 100450