Windows 10: File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings

Discus and support File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I experienced this problem after I can only assume an update to windows 11 features or a security update. Cannot nail down what caused it.Every time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Michael Dempsey2, Dec 5, 2023.

1. File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings

I experienced this problem after I can only assume an update to windows 11 features or a security update. Cannot nail down what caused it.Every time I clicked the save button after selecting the [turn on file and printer sharing] and then returned to look at the setting it was back to [turn off file and printer sharing]. Additionally, the properties of my folders was missing the Sharing tab. I tried all the possible solutions on the internet to include the ones found in the article below from this forum but nothing worked.computer will not save changes in order to share files and printe

:)

Michael Dempsey2, Dec 5, 2023
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows 7 advanced sharing settings not staying

This is getting really annoying. On my laptop, I can go in and turn on file and printer sharing, save settings, go back in and it will still be off. On my desktop, I can turn on network discovery, save changes, go back and it's still off.

Why does it simply refuse to accept my settings?

3. joelshort Win User
    Advanced Sharing Settings keeps resetting

In order to share files between computers on the same local network I need to go into Control Panel/Network and Sharing Center/Change Advance Sharing Settings and enable "Turn on network discovery" and "Turn on file and printer sharing."

I enable these settings on the three windows 10 computers in my network. Two of those computers are NUC's. On one of the NUC's those Advanced Sharing settings will somehow keep getting reset to off. The settings will initially save and work for a random period of time, but after some unknown trigger those settings will spontaneously change to off. At that point I can't access the files on that NUC. The other NUC does not have this problem.

All my machines are running 1909, but this issue has been present for a long time.

Any ideas on how to keep those Advanced Sharing settings from resetting?

joelshort, Dec 5, 2023
  4. woodpitch Win User

File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings

advanced sharing settings

Two of my 3 machines are on 1803 and cannot share files. The other machine was still on the older version. I restored the 1803 machines to their older versions and now all 3 machines can see each other, so I know this is an 1803 problem. I tried to fix
    the sharing problem by doing the usual folder Share procedures, but it do no good. I did not know about your suggestion on this site and therefore did not do step 3. I am hoping that your procedure will work, because I see that 1803 is being downloaded on
    my machines as I am writing this note.

Thanks in advance for your help as I will be needing it in the next few hours

woodpitch, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings

1. File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings - Similar Threads - File Share setting

2. File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings: I experienced this problem after I can only assume an update to windows 11 features or a security update. Cannot nail down what caused it.Every time I clicked the save button after selecting the [turn on file and printer sharing] and then returned to look at the setting it...
  3. Share settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Share settings: Hi. I am curious to know if there is a way to reset sharing settings back to default Win 10 install settings, for all files and folders on the system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-settings/82727150-004c-4e77-9934-1877f7f95a96
  4. Unable to save changes in Configure advance sharing settings for network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to save changes in Configure advance sharing settings for network: After the latest updates of March-20, I can not save the changes for Turning Off the Password protected sharing to share with my workgroup connected PCs...
  5. Advanced Sharing Settings keeps resetting

Advanced Sharing Settings keeps resetting: In order to share files between computers on the same local network I need to go into Control Panel/Network and Sharing Center/Change Advance Sharing Settings and enable "Turn on network discovery" and "Turn on file and printer sharing." I enable these settings on the three...
  6. why will network and Sharing Center Advanced sharing settings not save Turn on sharing so...

why will network and Sharing Center Advanced sharing settings not save Turn on sharing so...: Why is Microsoft updates team so stupid, lazy, corrupt, or ignorant that they cannot check before an update what that computer network advanced sharing settings are and then return them correctly after an update? This farce has been going on for over two years, and they...
  7. Windows Firewall And Advanced Sharing Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall And Advanced Sharing Settings: Hello. I'm running the latest Windows 10. At the moment I'm running windows firewall. One of the reasons I'm using windows firewall is because in the advanced sharing settings, network discovery and file and printer sharing is turned off in private, guest and public, and all...
  8. Advanced Network and Sharing Settings changes not working

Advanced Network and Sharing Settings changes not working: I have a PC which was upgraded from Windows 8.1 (no, clean install is not an option on this machine) So the problem is that any changes I make in the Advanced Sharing Settings in Network and Sharing Centre are getting changed but their effects are not taking place. For...
  9. Advanced Shared Settings won't turn "off" password protected sharing

Advanced Shared Settings won't turn "off" password protected sharing: I'm trying to set up homegroup networking with other household computers. My new HP/Windows 10 is asking for a password. When I go to control panel, network & internet, network & sharing center, advanced sharing settings, all networks and select "turn off password protected...
  10. Windows 10 not saving sharing settings

Windows 10 not saving sharing settings: Prior to a recent install of a replacement hard drive, the homegroup was working like a dream. However, since then it has been nothing but hassle. The homegroup was originally set up by another PC in the network, but all of the files that need to be accessed on every computer...