Windows 10: File share traffic preference issues with the network interfaces in two machines with...

Discus and support File share traffic preference issues with the network interfaces in two machines with... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Setup: Two Windows 10 PCs with 3 physical NICs each and having 3 redundant connections. All the interfaces are on different IP Subnets Issue: *Kindly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MohammedAbubaker1, May 6, 2021.

1. File share traffic preference issues with the network interfaces in two machines with...

Setup: Two Windows 10 PCs with 3 physical NICs each and having 3 redundant connections. All the interfaces are on different IP Subnets Issue: *Kindly use the network diagram attached* 1.File is being copied from PC-1 to PC-2 by accessing the share of PC-2 using its FQDN in the address bar. 2.It is observed that in order to find the PC-2 it uses the network connected to 'Switch C', however, the actual data is being copied using the other networks connected to 'Switch A' and 'Switch B' 3. I have tried changing the Interface metric and made it lowest for the network connected to 'Switch C', but s

:)

MohammedAbubaker1, May 6, 2021

2. Can't write to shares on a Windows 10 machine from a Windows 7 machine

I still get "You need permission to perform this action" from the Windows 7 machines if I try to write to a Windows 10 share after I made the above changes on the Windows 10 machine.

Jim Grybowski, May 6, 2021
  3. groston Win User
    Cannot access Win10 machine via local network

I am 'birthing' my first Win10 machine, OS V1809, and must have goofed something up...

All machines in my home belong to the same Workgroup and the users/passwords are consistent across all machines. From my Win7 desktop, I:
    • Can access my Win10 machine, via Explorer, using its IP address
    • Can ping the Win10 machine using both its name and IP address
    • Cannot access the Win10 machine, via Explorer, using its name

From the Win10 machine, I can see all other computers on the network and access all of them.

I do not believe that this is a firewall issue as the issue persists when the firewall is disabled. I do believe that network and file sharing is enabled (but, I could be wrong). The issue exists with both the Ethernet and WiFi connections, so it is probably not interface-specific.

Please suggest what I can do to resolve this issue. Thx.

groston, May 6, 2021
  4. roycejp Win User

File share traffic preference issues with the network interfaces in two machines with...

Network Discovery & File Sharing refuse to stay ON

Hi,

No, I don't have Malwarebytes installed.

I also followed the steps from the support link you suggested, but to no avail.

Actually all was fine until a day ago. This issue happened overnight.

Enabling Network discovery & file sharing (by any method) does not stick.
    It promptly switches back to OFF.

Thank you!

roycejp, May 6, 2021
Thema:

File share traffic preference issues with the network interfaces in two machines with...

1. File share traffic preference issues with the network interfaces in two machines with... - Similar Threads - File share traffic

2. Network File Sharing Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network File Sharing Issues: I have a desktop PC and a laptop, both running Windows 10 and connected on the same LAN. For some time, I cannot get access to the shared file folders on both the laptop and on the LAN Router. Reason is 'Windows cannot access XXX the network path was not found'. No idea...
  3. Network File Sharing Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network File Sharing Issues: I have a desktop PC and a laptop, both running Windows 10 and connected on the same LAN. For some time, I cannot get access to the shared file folders on both the laptop and on the LAN Router. Reason is 'Windows cannot access XXX the network path was not found'. No idea...
  4. Network File Sharing Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network File Sharing Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network File Sharing Issue: I could access \\OtherUserPcName and enter their PC to view his shared file/folder, but others could not access \\MyPcName to view my shared folder. I have checked all the necessary options in network sharing setting, and my connection is set to private.Are there any settings...
  6. Network File Sharing Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network File Sharing Issue: I could access \\OtherUserPcName and enter their PC to view his shared file/folder, but others could not access \\MyPcName to view my shared folder. I have checked all the necessary options in network sharing setting, and my connection is set to private.Are there any settings...
  7. Network File Sharing Issue

8. Network File Sharing issue

Network File Sharing issue: Hi. I have a small network in my room - Two computers and a NAS. And I often move files between them. Up until the last week everything worked great. But then my PC2 had some issues and I had to reset it re-installing the Windows. And since then the File Sharing doesn't...
  9. Machine freezes for a few seconds, spike in Network traffic

in Windows 10 Support
    Machine freezes for a few seconds, spike in Network traffic: Hello, My Dell 5675 w Ryzen 7 sometimes freezes for a few seconds. Shortly before it resumes, the fan starts cranking up. There are no events in the Event Viewer, when I open the Task Manager I see no spike in Memory or CPU activity, but in Ethernet activity. Hope someone...
  10. Network File Sharing Issues

Network File Sharing Issues: Im trying to view computers over my local network. One computer can see the other, the other computer cannot. Both were fully reinstalled and updated today Both had Computer Browser disabled upon reinstall +installed RIP Listener +Installed WMI SNMP Provider +Installed...