Windows 10: File sharing between 2 computers

Discus and support File sharing between 2 computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; File sharing between 2 computers used to be easy when Homegroup was available! How do I file/folder share between 2 computers using Windows 10? If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nabil_USA, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Nabil_USA Win User

File sharing between 2 computers

File sharing between 2 computers used to be easy when Homegroup was available! How do I file/folder share between 2 computers using Windows 10?
    If I right click on a folder> Give Access to > Homegroup is not accessible. If I select "specific people" > Add it tells me this person can not be found.

I'd appreciate a step-by-step, as if starting from scratch.

Thanks!

:)

Nabil_USA, Oct 10, 2020

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Folder sharing across 2 computers

Thank you for the details that you've provided. We suggest that re-map the network folder to refresh the connection between the two computers. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Windows icon and select Control Panel.
    • Click Network and Internet on the left menu.
    • Click Network and Sharing Center at the right menu.
    • Click Change advanced sharing settings on the left menu.
    • Under All Networks, turn on the Public folder sharing. (Refer to the screenshot below.)

File sharing between 2 computers 7b932e3d-d0c3-4b2d-b488-0da3d572a68d.jpg

Meanwhile, we also suggest that you check this article and see the Windows 10 section for more details:

Map a network drive.

Kindly get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Guitar Win User

Steam Game Sharing?

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/19/rumor-steam-beta-update-file-suggests-game-sharing-is-coming/

This sounds pretty awesome, if true. There are a lot of old games I don't play that I'd be willing to share with friends, and there are some that I'd want to play but not sure about actually buying as well.

Guitar, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

1. File sharing between 2 computers - Similar Threads - File sharing between

2. Files sharing between three computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files sharing between three computers: I have two PCs named PC3 and PC4 and recently added a laptop named HPStream. PC3 can access shared folders on PC4 and HPstream. PC4 can access shared folders on PC3 and HPstream. HPStream can access shared folders on PC4 but not on PC3 — HPStream sees the shared folders on...
  3. sharing file between computer

sharing file between computer: I have 2 OEM installs computers (Win 10 Professional wit all the updates) and and I am unable to share a file from one computer to the other one. What am I doing wrong , your suggestions please. 175636
  4. sharing file between computer

in Windows 10 Support
    sharing file between computer: I have 2 OEM installs computers (Win 10 Professional wit all the updates) and and I am unable to share a file from one computer to the other one. What am I doing wrong , your suggestions please. 175636
  5. Unwanted data sharing between 2 computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted data sharing between 2 computers: I have 2 computers 1 for school and the other for personal use when I download/put things on my desktop on my personal computer, they appear on my school computer whenever I next use it. How can I stop this from happening....
  6. Sharing files between specific computers

Sharing files between specific computers: I have a laptop running Windows 10 and a desktop running Windows 7. I need a way to share filesonly between them. This means that other desktops and laptops on the same network cannot access the shared files on those 2 machines, nor the 2 machines can access the shared...
  7. sharing files between computers.

sharing files between computers.: Let me be clear. I have a windows 7 computer and a windows 10 computer, I'm having a hideous time trying to share files between the computers, (I DO NOT WANT TO USE AN ONLINE FILE SHARING SYSTEM TO SHARE THE FILES.) I.E. Onedrive. both computers are on the same network...
  8. share file between computers

share file between computers: Trying to share files between computers on same Wifi network but when I click on file to share.. Share icon is gray and not available to click on. Using Win 10 home edition and other computer is using Win 10 pro...
  9. Cannot share files between 2 Windows 10 computers

Cannot share files between 2 Windows 10 computers: I had 2 Win 7 computers that shared files successfully without using a homegroup and with Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 installed. Then both of these machines were upgraded to Windows 10 and they can no longer share files. I get a message that one machine is denying...
  10. Unable to SHARE files between 2 Win 10 computers

Unable to SHARE files between 2 Win 10 computers: Computer 1: Windows 10 Desktop Computer 2: Windows 10 Laptop On both machines, I have: Turn on network discovery. Turn on file and printer sharing. (same for Guest/Public) Allow Windows manage homegroup connections. Turn on sharing so anyone with network access...