Windows 10: File sharing between Hyper V and local computer.

Discus and support File sharing between Hyper V and local computer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to automatically update a shared folder on a HyperV machine when a folder from the local maching gets update. I've tried using Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thomas Williams3, May 23, 2023.

1. File sharing between Hyper V and local computer.

I'm trying to automatically update a shared folder on a HyperV machine when a folder from the local maching gets update. I've tried using Task Scheduler with Robocopy command and Powershell commands without luck. It seems like there's a security issue between the two computers but I cant seem to find where this problem exists. I've tried turning on printer and file sharing, allowing access to "everyone" on both folders, veriifying VM settings to allow file sharing. Any other input would be helpful, thanks!

:)

Thomas Williams3, May 23, 2023

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, May 23, 2023
  3. Elmer San Win User
    Secure file share with between host and hyper-v guest

Hi,

Regarding your concern about sharing files on the Windows 10 host securely with hyper-v, we suggest you to post your query in the

Microsoft Technet
    forum.

Regards.

Elmer San, May 23, 2023
  4. joerayner Win User

File sharing between Hyper V and local computer.

Secure file share with between host and hyper-v guest

I have a windows 10 host running hyper-v. I want to share the files that are on the host securely with a hyper-v vm without having to copy the files, i.e. the file share is on the host not the guest.

Current method is to set up a file share on the host and disable authentication for ALL file shares, this is so that I do not need to store the host account
    credential on the VM which would be a risk. I then set up a internal virtual switch in hyper-v and disable files sharing protocal on ALL other network interfaces on the host. I not sure this is secure but its defiantly not very elegant for such a seeming
    simple problem.

I can see it causeing problems in the future when we need another files share on the host for a differnet reason.

Is there a simpler, less invasive way to do this?

joerayner, May 23, 2023
Thema:

File sharing between Hyper V and local computer.

1. File sharing between Hyper V and local computer. - Similar Threads - File sharing between

2. File sharing between Hyper V and local computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File sharing between Hyper V and local computer.: I'm trying to automatically update a shared folder on a HyperV machine when a folder from the local maching gets update. I've tried using Task Scheduler with Robocopy command and Powershell commands without luck. It seems like there's a security issue between the two...
  3. File sharing between Hyper V and local computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File sharing between Hyper V and local computer.: I'm trying to automatically update a shared folder on a HyperV machine when a folder from the local maching gets update. I've tried using Task Scheduler with Robocopy command and Powershell commands without luck. It seems like there's a security issue between the two...
  4. sharing file between computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing file between computer: I have 2 OEM installs computers (Win 10 Professional wit all the updates) and and I am unable to share a file from one computer to the other one. What am I doing wrong , your suggestions please. 175636
  5. sharing file between computer

in Windows 10 Support
    sharing file between computer: I have 2 OEM installs computers (Win 10 Professional wit all the updates) and and I am unable to share a file from one computer to the other one. What am I doing wrong , your suggestions please. 175636
  6. Shared clipboard between Hyper-V VM and Win 10 host

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Shared clipboard between Hyper-V VM and Win 10 host: Does Hyper-V support shared clipboard with host. I can't see any way to do it and it's a feature I really miss from Oracle VB. 141251
  7. sharing files between computers.

sharing files between computers.: Let me be clear. I have a windows 7 computer and a windows 10 computer, I'm having a hideous time trying to share files between the computers, (I DO NOT WANT TO USE AN ONLINE FILE SHARING SYSTEM TO SHARE THE FILES.) I.E. Onedrive. both computers are on the same network...
  8. share file between computers

share file between computers: Trying to share files between computers on same Wifi network but when I click on file to share.. Share icon is gray and not available to click on. Using Win 10 home edition and other computer is using Win 10 pro...
  9. Sharing XP Files from Hyper-V

Sharing XP Files from Hyper-V: I'm running Windows XP on Windows 10 with Hyper-V. How do I share files between XP and the c drive on my physical computer? This was so easy with VPC 2007. 29817
  10. Hyper-V Manager won't connect to local computer (error message)

Hyper-V Manager won't connect to local computer (error message): System specs are below. Virtualization is turned on in BIOS. Hyper-V is installed. When I start Hyper-V Manager it's not connected to a server. I click Connect to Server->Local Computer and get the error message (see below). I can see none of the Hyper-V services are...