Windows 10: File sharing between my two Win!0 computers on my WiFi network worked perfectly for a week...

Discus and support File sharing between my two Win!0 computers on my WiFi network worked perfectly for a week... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; File sharing between my two Win!0 computers on my WiFi network worked perfectly for a week or two , then stopped working. I did not change anything!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jay#minor, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Jay#minor Win User

File sharing between my two Win!0 computers on my WiFi network worked perfectly for a week...

File sharing between my two Win!0 computers on my WiFi network worked perfectly for a week or two , then stopped working. I did not change anything!

I just needto open files that reside on my old computer Hard Drive from my new computer.

Thank you!

Oct 2020

:)

Jay#minor, Oct 15, 2020
  2. DaleNoel Win User

Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Oct 15, 2020
  3. File Sharing between homegroup computers using Win 10 and Win 7

None of he suggestions offered have solved he problem. However, I found out why I was not able to see the Window 7 PC folders on my Win 10 laptop. It was all related to the difference in how you find a computers on a homegroup. As it turns out, the
    Windows 10 menu structure for getting to the Network is different between the Win 7 and Win 10 operating systems. The homegroup computers can be seen on the Win 7 buy going to Network and File Sharing on the Control Panel and by clicking on the the House
    Icon between the Win 7 PC icon and the Internet Icon. These icons are not part of the Network and File Sharing menu on Win 10. Instead, the homegroup computers can be found on the Network icon under the Computer Menu on Win 10 computers. Once I found Win
    7 listed under the Network Icon on the Win 10 computer I was able to access all of the shared folders on the Win 7 PC.

shortimer831, Oct 15, 2020
  4. File sharing between my two Win!0 computers on my WiFi network worked perfectly for a week...

Block File sharing in Wifi network, Windows 10

Hi Lori,

As per the description, I understand that you want to block file sharing on your Wi-Fi network. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • Change the view type to Large Icons.
    • Click on Network and Sharing center.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Advanced sharing center.
    • In the right pane, under Files and printer sharing, select the option:
      Turn off file and printer sharing.
    • Restart the system and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

File sharing between my two Win!0 computers on my WiFi network worked perfectly for a week...

1. File sharing between my two Win!0 computers on my WiFi network worked perfectly for a week... - Similar Threads - File sharing between

2. Unable to network file share between two laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to network file share between two laptops: System information: HP Omen 17.3 Inch Gaming Laptop - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 22H2HP Notebook - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 21H2Both Accounts on each system are live and not local accounts. HP Omen network path is \\VINCE\HP Notebook network path is...
  3. Unable to network file share between two laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to network file share between two laptops: System information: HP Omen 17.3 Inch Gaming Laptop - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 22H2HP Notebook - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 21H2Both Accounts on each system are live and not local accounts. HP Omen network path is \\VINCE\HP Notebook network path is...
  4. Network sharing between two laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network sharing between two laptops: I'm trying to connect access two laptops Windows 11 and Windows 10 together under the same network but keep getting the Network Credentials prompt. I've tried entering the correct user/password to no avail? All permissions in Network Sharing are correct. Any suggestions?...
  5. Network sharing between two laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network sharing between two laptops: I'm trying to connect access two laptops Windows 11 and Windows 10 together under the same network but keep getting the Network Credentials prompt. I've tried entering the correct user/password to no avail? All permissions in Network Sharing are correct. Any suggestions?...
  6. File sharing between two computers speed is limited.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing between two computers speed is limited.: Alright. So I've gone through 2 or 3 hours of troubleshooting now. I'm using the basic sharing system embedded in windows 10 to share files between my main computer and a PC I set up across the house for backups. Both are capable of gigabit speeds and connected through...
  7. How to share files between two computers over the network?

How to share files between two computers over the network?: What is Network permissions, I am trying to connect two computers together over the network and receive this message unable to connect ,to ... see your network adiministrator for network permission. ***Modified title from: Networkimg , permission ***...
  8. trying to share files between computers on the same wifi network

trying to share files between computers on the same wifi network: Struggling to share files between my desktop and laptop on the same wifi in the same house. Had no problems with HomeGroup, but that's long gone. File Explorer = share file with Specific Person...all I get is Windows cannot find that person Anyone figure this out?...
  9. Share Data Between the two Computers

Share Data Between the two Computers: I have two computers on a private network. I need to share data between the two computers \ I have two computers on a private network. I need to share data between them. Some times I can see both computers and sometimes I cant. [Original Title: Roy]...
  10. File sharing between computers running Win 10 on WiFi network

File sharing between computers running Win 10 on WiFi network: I have 2 computers on a home WiFi network. I used to be able to use files on the desktop from my laptop, but the laptop can no longer 'see' the desktop or it's files...