Windows 10: File sharing between Windows 10 PCs

Discus and support File sharing between Windows 10 PCs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Used to be able to share files between a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 7 PC, but it doesn't work now that I upgraded the Windows 7 to Windows 10. Tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BMP45, Mar 28, 2020.

1. BMP45 Win User

File sharing between Windows 10 PCs

Used to be able to share files between a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 7 PC, but it doesn't work now that I upgraded the Windows 7 to Windows 10. Tried to share the Users folder with Everybody, but got a message that the files could not be shared. How do I fix?

:)

BMP45, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 28, 2020
  3. SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 28, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

1. File sharing between Windows 10 PCs - Similar Threads - File sharing between

2. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet: I have a PC at home connected by ethernet to a router. This shows as Network 5 in Network and Sharing Centre.I have another PC in another room connected via ethernet to the same router. This shows as Network 2 In its Network and Sharing Centre. I've tried everything I can...
  3. File Folder Sharing - Between Three PCs Windows 10 and 11.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Folder Sharing - Between Three PCs Windows 10 and 11.: I am having problems seeing all three PCs in the network, same LAN, each with a static IP, same Workgroup, all have updated Win SW. The folder sharing does not seem to be working even though I have followed sharing settings/procedures found on Microsoft guides and also...
  4. File Folder Sharing - Between Three PCs Windows 10 and 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Folder Sharing - Between Three PCs Windows 10 and 11.: I am having problems seeing all three PCs in the network, same LAN, each with a static IP, same Workgroup, all have updated Win SW. The folder sharing does not seem to be working even though I have followed settings/procedures found on Microsoft guides and also YouTube...
  5. File Folder Sharing - Between Three PCs Windows 10 and 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Folder Sharing - Between Three PCs Windows 10 and 11.: I am having problems seeing all three PCs in the network, same LAN, each with a static IP, same Workgroup, all have updated Win SW. The folder sharing does not seem to be working even though I have followed settings/procedures found on Microsoft guides and also YouTube...
  6. Trying to share files between two PCs

Trying to share files between two PCs: I have two PCs running the latest Windows 10 software connected to the same network. I really need to be able to have the computers see each other so I can share files between the two. However, that doesn't seem to be the case and I always seem to have problems. For the sake...
  7. Unable to share files between PCs over Ethernet

Unable to share files between PCs over Ethernet: 1) Want to transfer files between PCs using ethernet (single owner/user, home LAN) 2) Absolutely delighted [not!] by ~ twenty-five (25) step 'simple' process required ... ARRGGGGH! 3) Survived hoop-jumping up to "enter credentials for PC access" (or some such $#%#^) 4)...
  8. Sharing problems between my PCs

Sharing problems between my PCs: Hello everyone, I have a desk PC connected to my router via cable (Ethernet) and a laptop connected to the same router via WiFi and both run Win 10. I just reinstalled my laptop and now they cannot see each other. Both PCs are connected to same network and discoverable on...
  9. File sharing between Windows 10 PCs

File sharing between Windows 10 PCs: Once again a Windows 10 update has shut down our private network file sharing on my wife's and my two Windows 10 computers. This happens every time there is a large update, but I don't remember the fix. We both keep some accounting files on each of our two office computers...
  10. Sharing folders between three windows 10 PCs - not working

Sharing folders between three windows 10 PCs - not working: Hi, I'm not normally a pessimist but trying to share folders between the PCs is failing completely. Sometimes there is a connection sometimes there isn't. Sometimes folders show up on other computers sometimes they don't. One day it works the next it doesn't. I've been...