Windows 10: File sharing from set top box

Discus and support File sharing from set top box in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Win 10 20H2, private file sharing turned on, public off. stbdaemon activated, \\localhost shows sharing folder, ping to set top box is OK via router.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by donli, Jan 18, 2021.

1. donli Win User

File sharing from set top box

Win 10 20H2, private file sharing turned on, public off. stbdaemon activated, \\localhost shows sharing folder, ping to set top box is OK via router.
    But could not get access to shared folder from STB. Connection failed. How to get access?

:)

donli, Jan 18, 2021

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jan 18, 2021
  3. File Sharing

Hi Dwayne,

The ability to share files within your homegroup can be set based on your preference in the HomeGroup settings. For us to identify if the file sharing issue is caused by the update or an option not being retained in the HomeGroup setting, we'd like to ask
    for additional details. Please answer the following:

• Aside from installing an update, have you also made any recent changes to the HomeGroup settings?
    • What specific update have you installed before the file sharing stopped working? To check the Update history, follow these steps:
    • On the Search bar, type Settings.
    • Open the Settings app from the search result.
    • Click Update & security and check the Windows Update section.
    • Click the Update history link.
    • Have you already checked if the file and printer sharing is enabled in the
      Advanced sharing settings
      in the Control Panel?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried based on the threads that you've read?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can run the built-in troubleshooter for HomeGroup by following the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type Troubleshoot.
    • Open the Control Panel from the search result.
    • Click View all and locate HomeGroup.
    • Click HomeGroup and follow the on-screen guide to run the troubleshooter.
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 18, 2021
  4. File sharing from set top box

setting up set top box for windows media center

hi
    i recently got an hd tv tuner
    it works fine when i plug it in directly to the cable from the wall, but when i try to plug it in from my cable box, you can only hear static and the screen is black. i tried to set it up again and it recognized my connection as coming from a set top box. but when i try to finish the setup it wants me to add a remote from the cable box. this is where my main problem is, my cable box remote does not have any way to connect to my pc, besides the ir reciever that came for the remote that came with the tv tuner. so basically im asking is there any way to bypass the remote step and still have media center work with my cable box?

frankie827, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

File sharing from set top box

1. File sharing from set top box - Similar Threads - File sharing set

2. File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings: I experienced this problem after I can only assume an update to windows 11 features or a security update. Cannot nail down what caused it.Every time I clicked the save button after selecting the [turn on file and printer sharing] and then returned to look at the setting it...
  3. File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings: I experienced this problem after I can only assume an update to windows 11 features or a security update. Cannot nail down what caused it.Every time I clicked the save button after selecting the [turn on file and printer sharing] and then returned to look at the setting it...
  4. File explorer - Set the top columns ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer - Set the top columns ?: Please don't tell me to open folder properties and View tab / Apply to all folders, because this does "not" work. Ms default setting is to have the columns at the top Name Date Type Size, etc.Some of my files have long names, and I need to be able to see the full name, so I...
  5. File explorer - Set the top columns ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer - Set the top columns ?: Please don't tell me to open folder properties and View tab / Apply to all folders, because this does "not" work. Ms default setting is to have the columns at the top Name Date Type Size, etc.Some of my files have long names, and I need to be able to see the full name, so I...
  6. Transluscent box at top left of screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transluscent box at top left of screen.: Hello everyone, long-time follower, first-time "contributor" here in the community. I have a transluscent box at the top left of my display. It is there, no matter what application I have open or not. This box does not appear, however, when I take a screen shot, so I've...
  7. Transluscent box at top left of screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transluscent box at top left of screen.: Hello everyone, long-time follower, first-time "contributor" here in the community. I have a transluscent box at the top left of my display. It is there, no matter what application I have open or not. This box does not appear, however, when I take a screen shot, so I've...
  8. why is there a box in the top left corner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is there a box in the top left corner: if i want to look at my desktop icons i have to double click the box first and i dont know why its there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-a-box-in-the-top-left-corner/dcbcd27c-a938-424d-9830-c8a34212c497
  9. Set Top Box used to appear in Network Explorer, no is no longer visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set Top Box used to appear in Network Explorer, no is no longer visible: I have a Set Top Box connected via ethernet to my modem. Network Explorer used to show both of the STB's hard drives as connected now it no longer does. I can log into my modem and see that the STB has an IP address and is indeed connected to the internet via the modem but...
  10. Firewall clashing with File sharing settings?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall clashing with File sharing settings?: There was an old thread over a year ago about this which explains how changing the settings on the built in firewall will affect file sharing and vice versa: Turning Windows Firewall off changes Network discovery File sharing on - Windows 10 Forums Does anyone know why...