Windows 10: File sharing from Windows 10 freezes access once and only once per file.

Discus and support File sharing from Windows 10 freezes access once and only once per file. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Problem: Every time I access a file from my Windows 10 share on my Nvidia Shield TV it interrupts the access to the file and forces a restart of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Marcus(SWE), Sep 30, 2019.

1. File sharing from Windows 10 freezes access once and only once per file.

Problem:

Every time I access a file from my Windows 10 share on my Nvidia Shield TV it interrupts the access to the file and forces a restart of the file. When I use Kodi the screen goes black for about two minutes before I can start again. Everything is 100% responsive in Windows 10 at this time and I can browse my shares no problem on the computer itself.

This usually happens within the first few minutes, but can take up to around 30 minutes very rarely. It happens on every single file, movie, music etc. It also only happens once. If it has happened I can run that same file for hours and hours no issue. But if I restart the system it will happen again on the same file. So once and only once per file and guaranteed to happen if system has been restarted.

Solution:

I have only found one solution and it's not really a solution. Since I never had this issue years ago I tried an older Windows version by testing Windows LTSB. Not a single freeze there ever. But since I can't buy that version and I want to run newest Windows 10 that is not a solution for me. The other option is to run a NAS then it works perfectly aswell. Or just share directly from my router.

Tested:

What have I tested? Well just about everything. The likely issue seemed to be the discontinuation of Smbv1 and a compatibility issue with Shield TV. But since Shield TV added Smbv3 support it still doesn't work. I also tried activating Smbv1 on Windows 10 without it helping either. Else I have tested just about every single guide regarding Windows 10 file sharing. From simple things like disabling IPV6 to changing permissions, offline files settings and a ton of other things. Followed every step in a very long advanced guide I found aswell. I tried changing to another router too. I have done several clean Windows 10 installations together with Shield TV factory resets. Several Shield TV updates has been released during this period aswell.

I have also tested several versions of Kodi and SPMC. Nothing matters. I tried forcing Smb versions aswell. I have used the log function in both Windows 10 and Kodi. Kodi just logs an interrupt to access and Windows 10 log shows nothing.

I even tried installing an NFS server. And despite skipping Smb the exact same freeze happens.

The problem seems to be 100% caused by Windows 10. And only on the newer versions. Either from 17xx and onwards or 18xx and onwards. Something in newer Windows 10 locks file access and I wanna know what. I tried with Firewall and security off aswell.

Like I said I have had this problem for years now. There are some workarounds, but I really want this to work. Also having tried everything except changing processor and motherboard in my computer I really want to find the solution to this.

:)

Marcus(SWE), Sep 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows File share bug (7 and vista)

Short version.

We have an internet PC in the house, which downloads into a shared folder on the network for everyone to access the files.

Since its on one of my machines, when i access the share it uses my username and i see all updated files and everythings happy.

When other people access, they either use "everyone" (vista) or "homegroup" (7) as permissions, and they only see files added BEFORE the share was created. If i download new files, i have to un-share and re-share the entire folder (which sucks) for them to see the latest files.

Someone else has had this problem, here.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? its pissing me off having to reshare the same folder every day. (FWIW, i had this issue on this machine when it was on vista, and the problem is still there on 7)

Mussels, Sep 30, 2019
  4. File sharing from Windows 10 freezes access once and only once per file.

LaCie Introduces File Access and Sharing for Families

Today LaCie announced an all-new network storage solution that connects the entire family to their music, movie and photo files. The LaCie CloudBox stores files in a single location so family members can easily share them with friends, and access them from anywhere on any device.

ONE-PLUG, ONE-CLICK SETUP
    The LaCie CloudBox makes setup worry-free thanks to its two-step set-up process. Simply plug the LaCie CloudBox into a power outlet and connect the Ethernet cable into a router. The LaCie CloudBox does the rest with no software to install. In just a few minutes, the LaCie CloudBox will appear on the user's Mac or PC just like a connected device.

File sharing from Windows 10 freezes access once and only once per file. lacie_cloudbox_01_thm.jpg

SHARE WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS
    With the LaCie CloudBox, all files are stored in one place, enabling convenient file access and sharing. The CloudBox includes UPnP capability so Dad can stream Zombie movies to the Xbox 360, iPad, or any network-connected computer and TV.

Sister can use LaCie's MyNAS application to access her brother's dubstep music collection from her college dorm room. Once brother grants her access to the music folder, she can play files directly from her desktop or smart phone.

Mom can share her photo albums with out-of-town family and friends by sharing a secure download link. She doesn't have to worry about privacy or size limitations. All the files are under her full control. Plus, parents can create private folders to keep business and tax files safe from prying eyes.

FILES ARE SAFE AT HOME OR ON THE GO
    The LaCie CloudBox goes beyond the home network. It can automatically back up multiple computers in the home. The included backup software for PC and Mac helps the family ensure all zombie movies, music collections and family photos are backed up should they experience a laptop, phone or tablet crash or loss. And for families that are always out and about, the LaCie CloudBox ensures they can access files from any network-connected smart phone, tablet or laptop. They never have to worry about syncing the latest music download because the files are always accessible.

CLOUDBOX IN ACTION: ONE FAMILY'S STORY
    Even though families live under the same roof, their gadgets and file locations are very different. For one such family, the LaCie CloudBox brings them and their files together in surprising ways -- .

AVAILABILITY
    The LaCie CloudBox, design by Neil Poulton, is available in 1 TB, 2 TB and 3 TB capacities through the LaCie Online Store and LaCie Resellers starting at $119.99.

Cristian_25H, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

File sharing from Windows 10 freezes access once and only once per file.

1. File sharing from Windows 10 freezes access once and only once per file. - Similar Threads - File sharing freezes

2. SIGN IN ONLY ONCE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SIGN IN ONLY ONCE: WANT IT SIGN IN ONLY ONCE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-only-once/2f7c5a03-6576-4789-8eea-746bbdb01947
  3. Once per minute laptop hangs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Once per minute laptop hangs: Once per minute when system clock second counter is at :00 explorer.exe shows a spike in cpu utilization and the computer hangs. The length of time it hangs increases with the length of time the computer is in use. Using graphics programs increases the hang time faster....
  4. Once per minute laptop hangs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Once per minute laptop hangs: Once per minute when system clock second counter is at :00 explorer.exe shows a spike in cpu utilization and the computer hangs. The length of time it hangs increases with the length of time the computer is in use. Using graphics programs increases the hang time faster....
  5. This key can be used only once per PC/motherboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This key can be used only once per PC/motherboard: I see the same note under both the products(Kinguin) while they are priced differently. Whats the difference between OEM and online activation then ? submitted by /u/dirtrider007 [link] [comments]...
  6. Computer Crashing Once Per Day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Crashing Once Per Day: I have an issue that whenever I play a video or start a game, my computer will crash, I see a black screen and then it reboots. It happens once per day. Once it crashes, it wont crash for the rest of the day, even if I happen to shut down or restart the computer. I shut...
  7. Computer Crashing Once Per Day

Computer Crashing Once Per Day: I have an issue that whenever I play a video or start a game, my computer will crash, sometimes with a blue screen error sometimes no. It happens once per day. Once it crashes, it wont crash for the rest of the day, even if I happen to shut down or restart the computer. I...
  8. Computer Crashing Once Per Day

Computer Crashing Once Per Day: I recently upgraded my computer. I ran Windows off the old SSD and everything was working well. I then purchased a Western Digital SN550 Blue 1TB NVMe SSD and installed windows, I have a MSI B450I motherboard Micro ITXand a AMD 3600 processor. Ever since then I have had...
  9. Shared files and folders become read only once they are made "available offline"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared files and folders become read only once they are made "available offline": For years I have used the "available offline" feature to sync files and folders between my desktop, which I use at home, and my laptop, which I use while I travel. As I have not traveled for more than a year, and plan on doing it soon, I have synced my files and folders, and...
  10. BSOD Usually once per boot

BSOD Usually once per boot: I usually, but no always, get a BSOD after starting up my computer. After a reboot, I rarely get a BSOD again. Dump is attached. Thanks for the help. 76452

Users found this page by searching for:

1. access smb windows 10 debug copy freeze