Windows 10: File Sharing - How to Network Windows 10, WIndows 7 and xBox One together to share media

Discus and support File Sharing - How to Network Windows 10, WIndows 7 and xBox One together to share media in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have multiple Windows products in my home. An HP laptop PC that runs Windows 10 x64, an HP Laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium x64, an HP desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by E.J.Berry, Jul 18, 2019.

1. E.J.Berry Win User

File Sharing - How to Network Windows 10, WIndows 7 and xBox One together to share media

I have multiple Windows products in my home. An HP laptop PC that runs Windows 10 x64, an HP Laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium x64, an HP desktop PC that runs Windows 7 Home Premium x32, a custom built ASUS based gaming PC that runs Windows 10 x64, a Microsoft Lumia Windows 10 Phone and a Microsoft xBox One (NOT an xBox One S or X)

Considering the myriad of differing Windows equipment, is it possible to network them together so they can share files like photos, videos, music among the devices with one acting as a media server? I know there was "Homegroup" in Windows 7 but that doesn't exist in Windows 10 and previous versions of Windows (98, 98SE and XP anyway) shared files pretty easily, but I cannot find out where to get them all talking together in the "dumbed down-plain English" that windows 10 uses.

Can anyone help me with this. I can't find anything that details how to get Window 10 and Windows 7 friendly with one another much less throwing the xBox into the mix.

:)

E.J.Berry, Jul 18, 2019

2. SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows File share bug (7 and vista)

Short version.

We have an internet PC in the house, which downloads into a shared folder on the network for everyone to access the files.

Since its on one of my machines, when i access the share it uses my username and i see all updated files and everythings happy.

When other people access, they either use "everyone" (vista) or "homegroup" (7) as permissions, and they only see files added BEFORE the share was created. If i download new files, i have to un-share and re-share the entire folder (which sucks) for them to see the latest files.

Someone else has had this problem, here.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? its pissing me off having to reshare the same folder every day. (FWIW, i had this issue on this machine when it was on vista, and the problem is still there on 7)

Mussels, Jul 18, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

File Sharing - How to Network Windows 10, WIndows 7 and xBox One together to share media

File sharing between Windows 7 and Windows XP

You need to set the permisions, both on the share section, and the security tab. Also, Windows 7 requires the user account has a password to access the computer from the network.

newtekie1, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

1. File Sharing - How to Network Windows 10, WIndows 7 and xBox One together to share media - Similar Threads - File Sharing Network

2. Windows 10 File-Sharing less protective than Window 7 File-Sharing?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 File-Sharing less protective than Window 7 File-Sharing?: I have set up two computers in a common workgroup. One runs Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. The other - brand new workstation - runs Windows 10 Professional for Workstations. In each computer I turned on sharing in all types of networks, and turned on password protected...
  3. Windows Network File Sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Network File Sharing: I have a Wired PC that uses an ethernet connection to the modem, while my laptop is using a wireless connection from the same modem. I am trying to use Window's network file sharing to sync the files from the PC to the laptop, but it says that the wired and wireless...
  4. File sharing on a Windows 10 network

File sharing on a Windows 10 network: I have no problem accessing my notebook files from my desktop. but can't access my desktop files from my notebook. Any files on my desktop for which I select Network sharing, appear on my notebook Network display, but when I click on them I get the message: : "Windows cannot...
  5. Windows 10 Network File Sharing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Network File Sharing: Is there any lightweight alternative for network file sharing? Current Windows 10 file sharing so unreliable and breaks so easily that i'm frankly sick of it. It seems every feature update it breaks in some way or another with some computers not being visible and/or...
  6. File sharing windows 10 network

File sharing windows 10 network: Hi all, I am running Win 10 home 64 bit on 2 PC's networked via Wi-Fi. I have a number of folders set to share on PC1. However, I can only see the shared folders if I type the network name in the search box. I used to be able to see them in File Explorer without...
  7. How to share files between Windows 7 and Windows 10

How to share files between Windows 7 and Windows 10: I've seen a thousand fruitless answers to this simple question. However I don't see an answer that has even a single response saying "this worked, thank you" or "file sharing between windows 7 and windows 10 is not supported". A lot of these posts are years old, so I am...
  8. How to Share Media Libraries in Windows 10?

How to Share Media Libraries in Windows 10?: I have four Windows 10 Machines, (Surface 3, two HP laptops, and HP z840 workstation). My workstation has provided access to "Music" library sometime in the past (probably Windows 7) and later in HomeGroup until it was removed from the OS. That "Library" is still accessible...
  9. Windows 10 and Windows 7 File Sharing

Windows 10 and Windows 7 File Sharing: I have 5 computers on a home network. One of the computers is Windows 10, the other 4 are Windows 7. All the Windows 7 computers are able to open and transfer files and folders. Even though the Windows 10 computer can see folders on the Windows 7 computers, and vise...
  10. Windows 10 and Windows 7 sharing files

Windows 10 and Windows 7 sharing files: Hi guys, I am running Windows 10 and Windows 7 on 2 partions. I am working on a website that is on local using wamp server. How can I share folder between two windows when I login to another system files are synced on both. Is this achievable? 20717

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file sharing BETWEEEN xbox amd windows

2. how to network windows 7 and windows 10 together

3. xbox file sharing from server

4. share media xbox one network storage,
  5. file sharing windows 7 and windows 10,
  6. share with another pc win 10,
  7. windows 10 und windows 7 auf einem netzwerk