Windows 10: File Sharing in Windows 10 Laptop with Windows 8.1 Laptop from the Windows 8.1 Laptop

Discus and support File Sharing in Windows 10 Laptop with Windows 8.1 Laptop from the Windows 8.1 Laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I set up a Home Group Network in both of my laptops, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, before the Home Group option disappeared on Windows 10. I have shared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JB13CB, May 9, 2019.

1. JB13CB Win User

File Sharing in Windows 10 Laptop with Windows 8.1 Laptop from the Windows 8.1 Laptop

I set up a Home Group Network in both of my laptops, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, before the Home Group option disappeared on Windows 10. I have shared all the files on both laptops and have given read/write permissions to "Everyone". From my Windows 8.1 laptop I can open files on the Windows 10 laptop; however, I cannot make any changes or even transfer any files either direction when using the Windows 8.1 laptop. From the Windows 10 laptop, I can do whatever I want with the files on the Windows 8.1 laptop, edit, create new files, move files in or out, etc.

I have all the network sharing options turned on for Private, Public, and All. I have both laptops set up to share all my Documents and Pictures. Both say that read/write access is given. Both laptops are up-to-date with updates.

I have read that others are having this same problem, but I have not come across the solution.

How do I get this to work to access and write files on my Windows 10 laptop from the Windows 8.1 laptop?

Thank you.

:)

JB13CB, May 9, 2019

2. Windows 8 or Windows 7 as OS for gaming laptop?

I have already decided.

Windows 8 is making 2400GBP worth of brand spanking new laptop feel like a cheap tuppenny whore.

It is getting replaced with Windows 7.

MatTheCat II, May 9, 2019
  3. 64K
    64K Win User
    Worth upgrading to Windows 10 with my laptop?

Since it's a laptop I would just stick with Windows 8.1 and when it's time to buy a new laptop then Windows 10. My gaming laptop that I travel with has Windows 7 and it's fine. When I buy a new laptop in a couple of years Win 10 will be nice.

4. P4-630 Win User

File Sharing in Windows 10 Laptop with Windows 8.1 Laptop from the Windows 8.1 Laptop

Worth upgrading to Windows 10 with my laptop?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, by then all laptops have Windows 10 or other new OS when I buy a new laptop.
    Everything runs fine now and I prefer not to re-install all my games and software.

P4-630, May 9, 2019
Thema:

1. File Sharing in Windows 10 Laptop with Windows 8.1 Laptop from the Windows 8.1 Laptop - Similar Threads - File Sharing Laptop

2. 0xc0000185 laptop windows 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xc0000185 laptop windows 8: 0xc0000185 error on lenovo windows 8 laptop. I tried restart the computer, rebuild BCD, system restore. My goal is get hands on files in the system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0xc0000185-laptop-windows-8/6db7b085-2a86-4dbb-872e-afa8c8639c20
  3. 0xc0000185 laptop windows 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0xc0000185 laptop windows 8: 0xc0000185 error on lenovo windows 8 laptop. I tried restart the computer, rebuild BCD, system restore. My goal is get hands on files in the system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0xc0000185-laptop-windows-8/6db7b085-2a86-4dbb-872e-afa8c8639c20
  4. Recovered to windows 8 on laptop that came as windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovered to windows 8 on laptop that came as windows 10: Earlier i attempted to uninstall mcafee and update my graphics drivers and when i reset my laptop it bricked it and just kept giving me "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" no matter what i did, so as a last resort i created a recovery drive on my old lenovo, that solved the problem of my...
  5. Recovered to windows 8 on laptop that came as windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovered to windows 8 on laptop that came as windows 10: Earlier i attempted to uninstall mcafee and update my graphics drivers and when i reset my laptop it bricked it and just kept giving me "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" no matter what i did, so as a last resort i created a recovery drive on my old lenovo, that solved the problem of my...
  6. Upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10 on laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10 on laptop: I think I will be getting a laptop that has windows 8.. I would like to upgrade it to windows 10. (I have a windows 10 desktop) 1st.. is that still possible to do. 2nd.. should I do it with the orginal owner or after changing it to my own credentials.. 3rd .. where would I...
  7. Windows 10 on a laptop with windows 8

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 on a laptop with windows 8: A friend asked me to install windows on his laptop (thinkpad twist) and I noticed that on the back it has a Windows 8 sticker. I've heard these laptops come with the license key installed on the motherboard or smth like that. But I'd rather install windows 10. Is there any...
  8. Laptop in Bios Windows 8 or 10 play on it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop in Bios Windows 8 or 10 play on it?: Hello, here's the problem: My laptop is in the Bios and I can't leave it when I get a message that I should play Windows on it. On the back of my laptop it says that it first had Windows 8 on it. When I used it I updated it to Windows 10. Now I'm wondering; do I need to...
  9. cannot access shared folder on windows 8 laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot access shared folder on windows 8 laptop: Hello all, I am trying to share some files and folders on a windows 8.1 laptop with a windows 10 desktop. I have enabled all share options and authorizations on both computers and on the source files as well. However, on the windows 8.1 laptop the other pc is not visible...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade on windows 8 laptop NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 upgrade on windows 8 laptop NOT WORKING: So I'm trying to update my asus laptop (currently running windows 8, I'm not 100% sure if its 8 or 8.1, but I'm pretty its just 8). But sometimes it freezes at the "Welcome to windows 10" screen, where it shows my name and a Next button. Other times I can get past that but It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file sharing over windows 8.1