Windows 10: File sharing issue

Discus and support File sharing issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HP Desktop running Win 10 Ver 1809, build 17763.292, latest update 2/12 Toshiba Laptop running Win 10 Ver 1803, build 17134.590, latest update 2/14... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RWS in MN, Feb 27, 2019.

1. RWS in MN Win User

File sharing issue

HP Desktop running Win 10 Ver 1809, build 17763.292, latest update 2/12

Toshiba Laptop running Win 10 Ver 1803, build 17134.590, latest update 2/14

The desktop is connected to the router via ethernet, laptop connected via wi-fi. Solid wi-fi connection throughout the house.

Trying to share C drive on each computer. All sharing settings are the same on both units.

The desktop can access the Toshiba C drive and share files OK.

The laptop does not recognize the C drive of the desktop.

All other functions work fine on both units. I can obviously access the laptop via the desktop and do any transfers, etc. But I would like to access the desktop unit from the laptop.

Any suggestions are welcomed!

:)

RWS in MN, Feb 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 Sharing Issue

Hi Ennycloe,

There are several reasons why does other computers are unable to access your file from Windows 10. To make sure where this issue is coming from, we suggest that you run the built-in HomeGroup troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type troubleshooting on the Windows search box.
    • Click on View all which is located on the left pane.
    • Choose Home group and then Shared Folders.
    • Follow the on screen steps.

Let us know the results from the troubleshooter.

Janeane Cru, Feb 27, 2019
  3. SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 27, 2019
  4. File sharing issue

File Sharing

Hi Dwayne,

The ability to share files within your homegroup can be set based on your preference in the HomeGroup settings. For us to identify if the file sharing issue is caused by the update or an option not being retained in the HomeGroup setting, we'd like to ask
    for additional details. Please answer the following:

• Aside from installing an update, have you also made any recent changes to the HomeGroup settings?
    • What specific update have you installed before the file sharing stopped working? To check the Update history, follow these steps:
    • On the Search bar, type Settings.
    • Open the Settings app from the search result.
    • Click Update & security and check the Windows Update section.
    • Click the Update history link.
    • Have you already checked if the file and printer sharing is enabled in the
      Advanced sharing settings
      in the Control Panel?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried based on the threads that you've read?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can run the built-in troubleshooter for HomeGroup by following the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type Troubleshoot.
    • Open the Control Panel from the search result.
    • Click View all and locate HomeGroup.
    • Click HomeGroup and follow the on-screen guide to run the troubleshooter.
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

File sharing issue

1. File sharing issue - Similar Threads - File sharing issue

2. Network File Sharing Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network File Sharing Issues: I have a desktop PC and a laptop, both running Windows 10 and connected on the same LAN. For some time, I cannot get access to the shared file folders on both the laptop and on the LAN Router. Reason is 'Windows cannot access XXX the network path was not found'. No idea...
  3. Network File Sharing Issue

Network File Sharing Issue: I could access \\OtherUserPcName and enter their PC to view his shared file/folder, but others could not access \\MyPcName to view my shared folder. I have checked all the necessary options in network sharing setting, and my connection is set to private.Are there any settings...
  4. FILE SHARING - SCANNER ISSUE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FILE SHARING - SCANNER ISSUE: I'm posting this issue with my new printer on this board in hopes that the issues described below are related to Windows settings. I spoke with Canon tech support for 2 hours but the issues couldn’t be resolved. As is typical, the rep said I had to contact Microsoft.I have...
  5. FILE SHARING - SCANNER ISSUE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FILE SHARING - SCANNER ISSUE: I'm posting this issue with my new printer on this board in hopes that the issues described below are related to Windows settings. I spoke with Canon tech support for 2 hours but the issues couldn’t be resolved. As is typical, the rep said I had to contact Microsoft.I have...
  6. File Sharing issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Sharing issue: I've got a win 10 pro on a desktop. can not connect to it from my iMac via smb, I've tried everything possible, but it just refuses to connect. I've tried as a guest, I've tried using my win10 sign in (even though I have sign in disabled ) all i get is the error "check...
  7. Network File Sharing issue

Network File Sharing issue: Hi. I have a small network in my room - Two computers and a NAS. And I often move files between them. Up until the last week everything worked great. But then my PC2 had some issues and I had to reset it re-installing the Windows. And since then the File Sharing doesn't...
  8. File Share Issues

File Share Issues: I have an old Win 10 PC I recently set up to use as an easy file server to hold media. My laptop and Gaming PC connect perfectly to the shares. My old gaming PC on the other hand, will not. I went through several of the already posted solutions to this, including:...
  9. Share files issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Share files issue: I am unable to share files on my PC. The feature used to work but currently something has changed. Any help is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-files-issue/8a7420bb-633f-478e-b0f6-25e555e87b3f
  10. Network File Sharing Issues

Network File Sharing Issues: Im trying to view computers over my local network. One computer can see the other, the other computer cannot. Both were fully reinstalled and updated today Both had Computer Browser disabled upon reinstall +installed RIP Listener +Installed WMI SNMP Provider +Installed...