Windows 10: File sharing Office files on OneDrive

Discus and support File sharing Office files on OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a .docx file I created using Office 365 Home on a Win 10 Pro 64 bit system (ComputerA). I shared the file, within Word, to a user on Computer B,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by The Old Puter Man, Nov 8, 2018.

1. File sharing Office files on OneDrive

I have a .docx file I created using Office 365 Home on a Win 10 Pro 64 bit system (ComputerA). I shared the file, within Word, to a user on Computer B, also running Win 10 Pro, Office 365 Home.

The eMail with the share info was sent from Computer A and received on Computer B but I am having a problem establishing the location of the .docx file on Computer B.

I can access the .docx file online using the link in the eMail on Computer B but cannot locate it using File Explorer.

Looking at Computer A it shows that the .docx file is on OneDrive and that it is shared.

Missing something simple here I know but would appreciate a hint (or two).

Thanks all,

TheOldPuterMan

:)

The Old Puter Man, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Kari Win User

OneDrive-Set expiry time for shared file?

Setting an expiry date for shared files in OneDrive is a feature available in Office 365 Home and Personal subscriptions which both include Premium OneDrive features:

File sharing Office files on OneDrive [​IMG]

It is not available in free OneDrive service, clicking Set expiry date only showing link to get (subscribe / buy) Premium:

File sharing Office files on OneDrive [​IMG]

• Office 365 Personal = 1 license, price €69 (£59.99 / $69.99) per year or €7 (£5.99 / $6.99) per month
    • Office 365 Home = 5 licenses, price €99 (£79.99 / $99.99) per year or €10 (£7.99 / $9.99) per month
    Each license includes:
    • Office suite install on 1 PC & 1 tablet (Office suite = Access, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word)
    • 1 TB OneDrive with Premium features
    • 60 free Skype minutes to call landline numbers globally and mobile numbers in selected countries
    Microsoft OneDrive Plans

Kari, Nov 8, 2018
  3. sharing files

Hi Tracie,

If you would like to share files and folders, we suggest you to use OneDrive. Here are the

steps
    on how to Share OneDrive files and folders.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Akumos Win User

File sharing Office files on OneDrive

File Sharing

Ermmm, where are the files stored? Server or one of the machines you listed?

Should be easy enough to help you through the forum, you may not need a help site.

Akumos, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

File sharing Office files on OneDrive

1. File sharing Office files on OneDrive - Similar Threads - File sharing Office

2. Onedrive file sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive file sharing: Good Morning,Is anyone experiencing issues when a file is shared in Teams from Onedrive and unable to see who the file has been shared with and change access.I have Users that can no longer see these options in Onedrive but can for files shared more than 3 weeks ago.Please...
  3. Office files not opening in onedrive

Office files not opening in onedrive: Hi, my new surface 3 laptop was delievered today. I am connected to the onedrive and can open documents online, but cannot open any MS docs from the windows explorer. I have tried disconnecting/reconnecting with onedrive and restarting, but that doesn't work. Can you please...
  4. Office 365 and OneDrive files sharing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 and OneDrive files sharing: Hi, Like my profile say I'm not an Windows user please don't throw rock at me :P I just grow up with Apple computer ^^ I recently merge my company with an other one. We are Apple base with iCloud Them are Windows base with Office 365 The work is done, we use each...
  5. OneDrive Shared Folder not Sharing Files

OneDrive Shared Folder not Sharing Files: I created a View-Only Shared OneDrive Folder with another person. I have confirmed that this folder is visible on their OneDrive Account and was downloaded onto all their devices. I then added files to the Folder, but the files themselves have not been shared. The files...
  6. OneDrive Shared Folder & Files

OneDrive Shared Folder & Files: I can't find the answer anywhere unfortunately. I must be doing something wrong.... I am moving from Google Drive to OneDrive and don't find this easy to do in OneDrive. How can I set a folder to non-editable, always shared without have to do it each and every time? I...
  7. Shared files from OneDrive goes to junk in microsoft office

Shared files from OneDrive goes to junk in microsoft office: Lately, files shared from my OneDrive end up in Microsoft office Junk folder, how do i get this issue resolved. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-files-from-onedrive-goes-to-junk-in/5fca968d-37de-4a83-8c7f-71fa4b6f1944"
  8. Sharing onedrive files

Sharing onedrive files: Why cant I share a link to my OneDrive files and folders? The menu item is missing from my OneDrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-onedrive-files/e8ab449c-efb1-442b-8c17-6ba03f6d3e04"
  9. how to share printers as sharing files OneDrive

how to share printers as sharing files OneDrive: how to share printers as sharing files OneDrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-share-printers-as-sharing-files-onedrive/9c63e524-9b20-416e-a350-fdbe2c8567a4"
  10. Share OneDrive Files and Folders

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Share OneDrive Files and Folders: How to: Share OneDrive Files and Folders How to Share Your OneDrive Files and Folders [img] Information You can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 tablet, or Windows 10 Mobile phone. You can use...