Windows 10: File sharing on LAN suddenly stopped

Discus and support File sharing on LAN suddenly stopped in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My two desktops on the same LAN, connected to the same router, suddenly stopped being able to share files. It was working just a few days ago. Let's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ffrree, Mar 11, 2021.

1. ffrree Win User

File sharing on LAN suddenly stopped

My two desktops on the same LAN, connected to the same router, suddenly stopped being able to share files. It was working just a few days ago. Let's day, the desktops are "A" and "B", and the router name is "R"

Both pc sees two media devices, Computer "A" and Router "R", nothing else.

I check the network discovery is ON, everything else is working fine, Internet access is perfect.

Plese advise what to look for. I never change the network setting on any of them, Why would they work so unreliabily.

My Windows on both PC has been update online all the time.

cheers

:)

ffrree, Mar 11, 2021

2. How to stop sharing folder for windows 10?

Referring to following link, I would like to know on how to stop sharing folder for windows 10.

I cannot find Stop Sharing option on step 5.

Use these steps to stop sharing any folder on Windows 10:

1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Computer Management and click the top result to open the experience.
    3. Expand the Shared Folders branch from the left pane.
    4. Click the Shares item.
    5. Right-click the folder that you no longer want to share and the Stop Sharing option.
    Furthermore, ADMIN$ is found to be Remote Admin under computer management.

There is no option to stop it as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop sharing and remote?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

How to stop sharing network folder on Windows 10 • Pureinfotech

PublicMicro, Mar 11, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Mar 11, 2021
  4. File sharing on LAN suddenly stopped

LAN Port stopped working suddenly

Hello everyone,

I came home yesterday to find that my PC in my specs had no Internet connection. I narrowed it down to be the PC itself and not any cables/modem/router etc. Now I went ahead and tried uninstalling and installing the LAN drivers again but it doesn't detect a LAN port.

At this point it gives me an error message and states that the Realtek Ethernet Controller could be in "Deep Sleep Mode". To connect the cable to get it going. However cable is connected and verified to work.

I've googled intensively and have tried many suggestions such as certain command prompts, registry edits, special permissions, and different methods of installing the drivers.

Is my LAN Port dead, or something else might be the issue? Please note we did have a power outage yesterday as my other PC had also restarted like the one with the problem did. The second PC is perfectly fine though. Any other suggestions and/or advice? Thanks in advance. *Toast :toast:

Chicken Patty, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

File sharing on LAN suddenly stopped

1. File sharing on LAN suddenly stopped - Similar Threads - File sharing LAN

2. LAN file sharing too slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAN file sharing too slow: The problem is very old i found reports from 10+ years, with hundreds of "copypaste" and generic anwers from microsoft over several websites and this forum, why no one ever cared enough to fix this, or at least tried to look into it?!?!Comparing a large file 20GB...
  3. LAN file sharing too slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAN file sharing too slow: The problem is very old i found reports from 10+ years, with hundreds of "copypaste" and generic anwers from microsoft over several websites and this forum, why no one ever cared enough to fix this, or at least tried to look into it?!?!Comparing a large file 20GB...
  4. LAN file sharing too slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. PC suddenly stopped seeing LAN devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC suddenly stopped seeing LAN devices: Up until a few months ago this Samsung 9Plus was able to see all other devices on the LAN but now can see none including printers. I've scoured the internet to solutions and there have been some bizarre ones but to no avail. What is the best way forward please? I'm prepared...
  6. PC suddenly stopped seeing LAN devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC suddenly stopped seeing LAN devices: Up until a few months ago this Samsung 9Plus was able to see all other devices on the LAN but now can see none including printers. I've scoured the internet to solutions and there have been some bizarre ones but to no avail. What is the best way forward please? I'm prepared...
  7. PC suddenly stopped seeing LAN devices

8. File sharing over LAN

File sharing over LAN: I am wondering if it is possible to share files over the LAN for specific users on 2 computers in my network? I can't seem to do what I need to do. Anyhow, this is the setup: 2 Windows 10 computers connected by ethernet cables to the same modem / router. (I am at home and...
  9. Wireless LAN Driver suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless LAN Driver suddenly stopped working: Hi, Recently, my wireless LAN driver has stopped working. The only thing which I'm aware of which could've caused this is probably my constantly putting my laptop to sleep. I didn't install any new software recently, and upon checking, my Windows is currently up to date....
  10. LAN file sharing

LAN file sharing: I want to file share between my desktop computer, which has an ethernet connection to the router and my laptop which is connected by wifi. The desktop connection is called N***** 6 and the wifi network is called B*********R. The laptop can't "see" the desktop and vice versa....