Windows 10: File sharing over a home network

Discus and support File sharing over a home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, By following instructions from this site for sharing files on my home network, which has two computers on it, I have been able to share files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnCree1, Oct 10, 2018.

1. JohnCree1 Win User

File sharing over a home network

Hello, By following instructions from this site for sharing files on my home network, which has two computers on it, I have been able to share files from one computer, a laptop connected to the network, with a desktop computer on the same network. I have not been able to share any of the files from the desktop computer with the laptop. Both computers are running Windows 10. Can anybody provide any advice as to how to resolve this issue? Thanks.

:)

JohnCree1, Oct 10, 2018

2. Block File sharing in Wifi network, Windows 10

Hi Lori,

As per the description, I understand that you want to block file sharing on your Wi-Fi network. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • Change the view type to Large Icons.
    • Click on Network and Sharing center.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Advanced sharing center.
    • In the right pane, under Files and printer sharing, select the option:
      Turn off file and printer sharing.
    • Restart the system and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 10, 2018
  3. sml156 Win User
    Share Files and Folders Over a Network in Windows 10

Hi Brink great tutorial as usual.

I could not help but notice in step 1 you say to enable " Function Discovery Resource Publication "

In most of the posts I have read on Ten Forums they also suggest to enable " Function Discovery Provider Host "

Are you suggesting that Function Discovery Provider Host is not necessary.

File sharing over a home network [​IMG]

sml156, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

1. File sharing over a home network - Similar Threads - File sharing home

2. File Sharing over network in windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Sharing over network in windows 11 Home: Hi,I have windows 11 home edition. Trying to share a file over network to Azure data factory in integration run time. I have enabled the desktop sharing in the settingsTo share the file, clicked on properties but file sharing tab is not found.How do I share the file? What I...
  3. File Sharing over network in windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Sharing over network in windows 11 Home: Hi,I have windows 11 home edition. Trying to share a file over network to Azure data factory in integration run time. I have enabled the desktop sharing in the settingsTo share the file, clicked on properties but file sharing tab is not found.How do I share the file? What I...
  4. Home network file sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home network file sharing: I just got a new computer super fast lots of memory Windows 11 latest updates.I have 4 other computers running windows 10 on a wireless network but I can't get the new computer to recognize these.The other 4 communicate with each other OK.What's different about the Win 11...
  5. Windows 10 file sharing over home private network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 file sharing over home private network: I want to be able to access files on my office computer from my laptop. they are both on the same wifi network and I can see the others in network. When I click on the shared file I am told I do not have permission and to contact my administrator. What am I doing wrong?...
  6. Sharing files over home network Windows 10

Sharing files over home network Windows 10: I have always been able to share over home network, one Windows 10 PC let's call it Bill and one Windows 8 Ben. Since replacing Windows 8 PC with new W10 I'll still call it Ben I am unable to access Ben from Bill, but fine the other way round. All permissions are set...
  7. Sharing files on home network

Sharing files on home network: I have 3 computers on my home wireless network all running windows 10. I have done the steps to give access to Everyone but I cannot see the other computers on the network at all - or the folders I have shared. What am I missing?...
  8. Sharing files in home network

Sharing files in home network: The two computers in my home network run on Windows 10. Computer 1 has a printer attached to it. Since upgrade 1803 I cannot share files nor can I use the printer from computer 2. I have followed the instructions to install the home network that I have found on the internet...
  9. Cannot share folders over home network

Cannot share folders over home network: I used to have a HomeGroup, I understand that this is now gone. I can now only see media files over the network. I have changed all the folder secure sharing settings to allow viewing folders over the home network. I still don't see them. Just the media files. What's the...
  10. Home Network File Sharing

Home Network File Sharing: Hello, I have recently reformatted and reinstalled Windows 10 on my desktop and laptop. I know that there is no longer a "homegroup" setting for file sharing. I have set up network discovery and I can access my files on my desktop from my laptop - which is what I want....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file sharing over home network