Windows 10: File sharing over a network in Windows 10

Discus and support File sharing over a network in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; File sharing over a network in Windows 10 allows you to share files and folders on your computer with other users over a private or public network in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by YuvrajX, Jan 29, 2022.

1. YuvrajX Win User

File sharing over a network in Windows 10

File sharing over a network in Windows 10 allows you to share files and folders on your computer with other users over a private or public network in your workgroup or domain. Steps to Set Up File Sharing on a Windows PCNote: These steps needs to be done on each Windows PC you want to be able to share files and folders between. Make sure each computer you want to share between are all connected to the same network. For example, all connected to the same router via Ethernet and/or wireless.Make sure each computer on the network has a different c

:)

YuvrajX, Jan 29, 2022

2. SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 29, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    File sharing windows 10 network

Hi Steve,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to see shared folders in File Explorer. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

I would suggest you to check if Network discovery is on or not. To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Go to Control Panel > Click on
      Network and Internet >
      Click on Network and Sharing Center.

2. Click on Change advance sharing settings
      on the left pane.
    3. Select Turn on network discovery
      under Private and Guest network.
    4. Click on Save changes.

You may also want to refer the article on
    Map a network drive

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 29, 2022
  4. File sharing over a network in Windows 10

Block File sharing in Wifi network, Windows 10

Hi Lori,

As per the description, I understand that you want to block file sharing on your Wi-Fi network. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • Change the view type to Large Icons.
    • Click on Network and Sharing center.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Advanced sharing center.
    • In the right pane, under Files and printer sharing, select the option:
      Turn off file and printer sharing.
    • Restart the system and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 29, 2022
Thema:

File sharing over a network in Windows 10

1. File sharing over a network in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - File sharing network

2. File sharing over a network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing over a network in Windows 10: File sharing over a network in Windows 10 allows you to share files and folders on your computer with other users over a private or public network in your workgroup or domain. Steps to Set Up File Sharing on a Windows PCNote: These steps needs to be done on each Windows PC...
  3. File sharing over a network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File sharing over a network in Windows 10: File sharing over a network in Windows 10 allows you to share files and folders on your computer with other users over a private or public network in your workgroup or domain. Step 1: Set Up File Sharing on a Windows PCNote: This option needs to be done on each Windows PC you...
  4. File Sharing Over a local network

File Sharing Over a local network: I am trying to access my old PC which is on my home network. The system is detected but when I click it it asks for credentials and will not accept my Microsoft password. I use the same account to sign into both systems and it works fine to sign in to either one individually...
  5. File sharing over private network

File sharing over private network: How do I enable password protected sharing only for public networks? I want to achieve free sharing for all computers on the private network no passwords necessary, but prevent any sharing on public networks. Is this impossible?...
  6. Sharing files over home network Windows 10

Sharing files over home network Windows 10: I have always been able to share over home network, one Windows 10 PC let's call it Bill and one Windows 8 Ben. Since replacing Windows 8 PC with new W10 I'll still call it Ben I am unable to access Ben from Bill, but fine the other way round. All permissions are set...
  7. Problems sharing files over network

Problems sharing files over network: I have Windows 10 on a laptop and am trying to connect to a Windows 7 machine. Password sharing is turned off, it's set to share with everyone on the 7 machine. I can see it on the network, and see the folders, but I when I try to open one it says I don't have permission....
  8. computers will not share files over network on windows 10

computers will not share files over network on windows 10: My laptop and PC will not share files over the network yet they can see each other. Keeps saying access is denied and I don't have permission on certain folders. Both are on windows 10 and I've tried all the troubleshooting things to try and fix to no avail....
  9. Unable to share files over Network

Unable to share files over Network: Unable to share files over Network I'm wondering if the requirement to log in is what's preventing me sharing on my network - on which 4 other laptops running Windows 10 are all happily communicating with the same sharing permissions as I've set up on this one. When I try...
  10. Share Files and Folders Over a Network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Share Files and Folders Over a Network in Windows 10: How to: Share Files and Folders Over a Network in Windows 10 How to Share Files and Folders Over a Network in Windows 10 File sharing over a network in Windows 10 allows you to share files and folders on your computer with other users over a domain. You can set the...