Windows 10: File sharing over LAN between Windows 10 PC and Windows 8.1 Laptop Not functional

Discus and support File sharing over LAN between Windows 10 PC and Windows 8.1 Laptop Not functional in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have roughly the same problem as what was posted in this thread that got answered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FlashDrive1, May 6, 2021.

1. File sharing over LAN between Windows 10 PC and Windows 8.1 Laptop Not functional

Hello, I have roughly the same problem as what was posted in this thread that got answered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/file-sharing-in-windows-10-laptop-with-windows-81/93fc713d-6b86-4ffb-9b10-2509b93659dc#:~:text=File%20Sharing%20in%20Windows%2010%20Laptop%20with%20Windows,Add%20in%20the%20Network%20access%20Window.%20More%20items BUT I have gone through everything multiple times and have still not been able to share files locally between computers on the same router right next to each other. I HAVE gone through the network and sharing center and made

:)

FlashDrive1, May 6, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 6, 2021
  3. Set Up File Sharing on a Windows 10 PC

Hi Brink great tutorial as usual.

I could not help but notice in step 1 you say to enable " Function Discovery Resource Publication "

In most of the posts I have read on Ten Forums they also suggest to enable " Function Discovery Provider Host "

Are you suggesting that Function Discovery Provider Host is not necessary.

File sharing over LAN between Windows 10 PC and Windows 8.1 Laptop Not functional [​IMG]

Digital Life, May 6, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

File sharing over LAN between Windows 10 PC and Windows 8.1 Laptop Not functional

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 6, 2021
Thema:

File sharing over LAN between Windows 10 PC and Windows 8.1 Laptop Not functional

1. File sharing over LAN between Windows 10 PC and Windows 8.1 Laptop Not functional - Similar Threads - File sharing LAN

2. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet: I have a PC at home connected by ethernet to a router. This shows as Network 5 in Network and Sharing Centre.I have another PC in another room connected via ethernet to the same router. This shows as Network 2 In its Network and Sharing Centre. I've tried everything I can...
  3. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet: I have a PC at home connected by ethernet to a router. This shows as Network 5 in Network and Sharing Centre.I have another PC in another room connected via ethernet to the same router. This shows as Network 2 In its Network and Sharing Centre. I've tried everything I can...
  4. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Troubleshooting broken file/drive sharing over LAN

Troubleshooting broken file/drive sharing over LAN: Hello Microsoft Community,To start this headache off let me explain what me end goal is here. I have a NAS server hosting my PLEX media library and, up to this point, had the UHD Blu-Ray drive for adding movies directly connected to it. I've rearranged things now and the...
  6. How to share files between computers using LAN in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to share files between computers using LAN in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Whenever we work on multiple systems, sending files over the connection is what we prefer the most. After all being on the same LAN connection […] This article How to share files between computers using LAN in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  7. Sharing USB port over LAN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing USB port over LAN: In our medical organization we bought these graphical tablets for our doctors. They will be used to sign documents of our patients. One tablet for each cabinet. Problem is, there are 2 PCs. We connect the tablet to one PC and would like other PC to have access to it as well....
  8. File sharing over LAN

File sharing over LAN: I am wondering if it is possible to share files over the LAN for specific users on 2 computers in my network? I can't seem to do what I need to do. Anyhow, this is the setup: 2 Windows 10 computers connected by ethernet cables to the same modem / router. (I am at home and...
  9. share all files between 2 pc's on the same private LAN

share all files between 2 pc's on the same private LAN: I have a desktop PC and a mobile PC, both have the latest version of windows 10, on both I use the same microsoft account for login. After much fiddling with sharing settings both are able to see each other again, but there are no persmissions to acces files or folders....
  10. LAN file sharing

LAN file sharing: I want to file share between my desktop computer, which has an ethernet connection to the router and my laptop which is connected by wifi. The desktop connection is called N***** 6 and the wifi network is called B*********R. The laptop can't "see" the desktop and vice versa....