Windows 10: File sharing over private network

Discus and support File sharing over private network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I enable password protected sharing only for public networks? I want to achieve free sharing for all computers on the private network no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Unlockener, Jul 29, 2021.

1. File sharing over private network

How do I enable password protected sharing only for public networks? I want to achieve free sharing for all computers on the private network no passwords necessary, but prevent any sharing on public networks. Is this impossible?

:)

Unlockener, Jul 29, 2021
  2. KCav45 Win User

How to share file access on private network

Hello dichia,

Thank you for replying to my post.

Here is what I didFile sharing over private network :eek:n 2 notebooks both running Windows 10 Professional version 2004 and connected to the Internet through Xfinety gateway router model Home F70A-5
    • cleaned, updated, turned on Windows Defender
    • ran Windows Resource Protection - found no integrity errors
    • verified WiFi settings on both PCs
      • Connected to a Private network
      • Directory Discovery is On
      • Automatic setup of network discovery is On
      • File and Printer sharing is On

What could be preventing File Sharing from working?

KCav45, Jul 29, 2021
  3. KCav45 Win User

Denis.

Thank you for clarifying - working on the check list you provided - will get back in touch with you soon - Life Is Good *Smile

KC

KCav45, Jul 29, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

File sharing over private network

I've worked through my own network setting up notes and posted A consolidated network setup checklist [post #108] - TenForumsTutorials

I thought providing a complete list would be more helpful than just posting additional steps as I initially did in post #6 above.

Denis

Thema:

File sharing over private network

1. File sharing over private network - Similar Threads - File sharing private

2. File Sharing Over a local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Sharing Over a local network: I am trying to access my old PC which is on my home network. The system is detected but when I click it it asks for credentials and will not accept my Microsoft password. I use the same account to sign into both systems and it works fine to sign in to either one individually...
  3. Windows 10 file sharing over home private network

Windows 10 file sharing over home private network: I want to be able to access files on my office computer from my laptop. they are both on the same wifi network and I can see the others in network. When I click on the shared file I am told I do not have permission and to contact my administrator. What am I doing wrong?...
  4. Can't share files over private network Windows 10

Can't share files over private network Windows 10: I have been having an intermittent problem sharing folders between two computers on my home private network. For the last 3 weekends, the connection between my two Windows 10 computers has been broken. In the past I was able to change the network sharing options to fix the...
  5. How to share file access on private network

How to share file access on private network: Have 2 notebooks running Win 10 Pro wirelessly connected to an Xfinety Home F70A-5 gateway router. What settings do I need to configure to allow them to share file access on a private network. 165165
  6. PC Networking/Sharing on Private Network

PC Networking/Sharing on Private Network: We have latest Windows 10 on 3 PC's in our home. They are all connected to the same wifi secure connection. I've configured all 3 for sharing over a private network but have not been able to access the other PC's. I can see one of the computers but it is saying that I...
  7. File sharing across my private network

File sharing across my private network: Quite suddenly (I presume after a Windows 10 update) both of my TV media players are unable to access files on my Windows 10 computer. Amongst other things I have tried to turn off password protected sharing, but this change does not save correctly....
  8. Sharing folders on a private network

Sharing folders on a private network: I've been trying to set up my family's private network so the individual computers can access shared folders on the other systems, however one system is not cooperating. In network sharing advanced, I've set the computer to recognize it's on a private network, turned on...
  9. Problems sharing files over network

Problems sharing files over network: I have Windows 10 on a laptop and am trying to connect to a Windows 7 machine. Password sharing is turned off, it's set to share with everyone on the 7 machine. I can see it on the network, and see the folders, but I when I try to open one it says I don't have permission....
  10. File sharing doesn't work in a private network

File sharing doesn't work in a private network: Hi, This problem has been bugging me for quite some time now and I just can't solve it by myself. I got two Windows 10 Pro 64-bit computers connected to a Asus RT-N56U and I try to share files between them. File shng works sometimes (not very often) when I keep restarting...