Windows 10: File Sharing - Problem Copying Files With File Explorer

Discus and support File Sharing - Problem Copying Files With File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; With Win7 support gone, I finally got 2 Win10 x64 Pro v1909 machines up and running. Like so many other Win10 users, I have struggled to get network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nikki605, Feb 9, 2020.

1. nikki605 Win User

File Sharing - Problem Copying Files With File Explorer

With Win7 support gone, I finally got 2 Win10 x64 Pro v1909 machines up and running. Like so many other Win10 users, I have struggled to get network sharing to work. I have Googled, read and followed countless procedures and suggestions over the past few weeks, ad nauseam. The only suggestion I got to work was to enable the less secure SMB 1.0/CIFS Client. I don't like this solution, but it worked.

My (old) printers are USB connected to my desktop and I can print to them just fine from the laptop. No problem.

My issue is with using File Explorer to copy files between the 2 systems using drag and drop. In short, I can drag a file FROM the other PC and copy it, but I can't drag a file TO the other PC and copy it.

When I try to drag a file TO the other PC, I get this red NO symbol:

File Sharing - Problem Copying Files With File Explorer [​IMG]

Yes, I have set Advanced Sharing and Permissions to Full Control for these folders on both systems.

File Sharing - Problem Copying Files With File Explorer [​IMG]

Am I still missing some setting, or is there a know bug/limitation?

:)

nikki605, Feb 9, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Feb 9, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 7 File Sharing between computers, PROBLEMS!!

Just do a file transfer in explorer from one computer to the other and see what speed you get. I would suggest avoiding homegroup and using a proper network setup instead.

newtekie1, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

1. File Sharing - Problem Copying Files With File Explorer - Similar Threads - File Sharing Problem

2. Files copying problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files copying problem: i am copying data from my PC to SSD, copying showing files are copying but after compleation of process; files not showed in SSD. same problem with copying data from SSD and USB flash drive....
  3. Files copying problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files copying problem: i am copying data from my PC to SSD, copying showing files are copying but after compleation of process; files not showed in SSD. same problem with copying data from SSD and USB flash drive....
  4. Win 10 file explorer 'Copy To' problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 file explorer 'Copy To' problem: Instead of using CTRL +A, I used the Windows Explorer icon labeled 'Select All'. That's when problems began. Not sure if I clicked something to fix it or if the reboot did it but it's working again.The problem now is that when I drag a single file to the desktop while holding...
  5. Win 10 file explorer 'Copy To' problem

Win 10 file explorer 'Copy To' problem: Instead of using CTRL +A, I used the Windows Explorer icon labeled 'Select All'. That's when problems began. Not sure if I clicked something to fix it or if the reboot did it but it's working again.The problem now is that when I drag a single file to the desktop while holding...
  6. Win 10 file explorer 'Copy To' problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. File Explorer-Share

File Explorer-Share: Trying to share a set of files. When I hit the Share key I get "THIS APP CAN'T SHARE NOW" I've used this app before, in fact only less than an hour before with no problem. Aanay ideas ?...
  8. File Explorer-Share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer-Share: Trying to share a set of files. When I hit the Share key I get "THIS APP CAN'T SHARE NOW" I've used this app before, in fact only less than an hour before with no problem. Aanay ideas ?...
  9. File Explorer-Share

10. Copying files in File Explorer

Copying files in File Explorer: Copying files in File Explorer is not working as expected. When I am trying to copy several files, it closes down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files-in-file-explorer/05006916-943f-467b-ab5d-6043e51ce79d