Windows 10: File Sharing to specific other windows system

Discus and support File Sharing to specific other windows system in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have shared files between windows system within network publicly . it is working fine. But right now I want to share file to specific system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MianWaqas1, Feb 27, 2019.

1. File Sharing to specific other windows system

Hi I have shared files between windows system within network publicly . it is working fine.

But right now I want to share file to specific system within network. How's this is possible?

All System within network using windows 10.

:)

MianWaqas1, Feb 27, 2019

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Feb 27, 2019
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. File Sharing to specific other windows system

SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

File Sharing to specific other windows system

1. File Sharing to specific other windows system - Similar Threads - File Sharing specific

2. Sharing Files with Specific People Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing Files with Specific People Question: The new file sharing options in Windows 10 requires I share with Specific People. When I try to add a specific person who is on a different computer, it takes me to a window for adding an account to my computer. I don't want that person to have an account on my computer, I...
  3. Share files on other system in windows 10

Share files on other system in windows 10: I already can ping with other systems I don't know how to share my files with that system both have windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-files-on-other-system-in-windows-10/ba2976ed-d99f-4def-8992-7b892ea9370a
  4. I want share my files on other system by network in windows 10

I want share my files on other system by network in windows 10: I want share my files on other system by network which have windows 10 and I don't know how to turn on my sharing device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-share-my-files-on-other-system-by-network/74c9ef98-bd20-4059-add6-61396e345962
  5. Sharing files between specific computers

Sharing files between specific computers: I have a laptop running Windows 10 and a desktop running Windows 7. I need a way to share filesonly between them. This means that other desktops and laptops on the same network cannot access the shared files on those 2 machines, nor the 2 machines can access the shared...
  6. Specific File Sharing

Specific File Sharing: I have a pretty basic open network. I would like to share only PDF files from only my second hard drive, but only to one person and I would prefer they used some form of credentials to log into the drive. They would only have read access. How would I go about accomplishing...
  7. Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network

Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network: Hello, I am trying to set up my PC for file sharing across the network at my work. I have changed all of my settings to allow network sharing but whenever someone else tries to access it says access denied I have allowed permissions to everyone while trying to set it up and...
  8. File sharing - unable to see other computers

File sharing - unable to see other computers: I have only two computers on my home network connected by a switch/router. It used to work fine when it comes to sharing and transferring files. They can usually see each other after turning on sharing for any individual folders or files, though, sometime, it does take a few...
  9. Setting "Everyone" in File Sharing to Work with Specific Users

Setting "Everyone" in File Sharing to Work with Specific Users: Hi All, I have been attempting to understand file sharing where you specify permissions for specific users, but I get conflicting advice from the Win 10 forums and very recent 2016 and 2017 articles. I searched your forums and tutorials and have not found an answer either....
  10. VPN Sharing to a specific IP -

VPN Sharing to a specific IP -: Hi guys, I have a VPN that runs on my windows 10. I would like to have that VPN shared/route to a specific IP (that IP is a router set up as an access point, and has wireless and ethernet ports, both working. dlink dir-655 that doesnt support DD-WRT). WHY i want to...