Windows 10: File Sharing via network Not Working inWindows 10

Discus and support File Sharing via network Not Working inWindows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two computers on my home network private. Over this network I am able to share my laptop files on my desktop, but not the other way. Both are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LightMusic53151, Feb 8, 2020.

1. File Sharing via network Not Working inWindows 10

I have two computers on my home network private. Over this network I am able to share my laptop files on my desktop, but not the other way. Both are running version 1909. Whatever "remedy" I have tried so far has failed to change this situation. Whenever I try to access my desktop from my laptop, I am asked for the network credentials. I have tried using the Microsoft account and password, the device name and Microsoft password without success.

I have tried the password protection on and off all to no avail.

Where to next???

:)

LightMusic53151, Feb 8, 2020

2. Block File sharing in Wifi network, Windows 10

Hi Lori,

As per the description, I understand that you want to block file sharing on your Wi-Fi network. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • Change the view type to Large Icons.
    • Click on Network and Sharing center.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Advanced sharing center.
    • In the right pane, under Files and printer sharing, select the option:
      Turn off file and printer sharing.
    • Restart the system and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 8, 2020
  3. SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 8, 2020
  4. File Sharing via network Not Working inWindows 10

Network sharing.

Hi SIrwin_62,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. Which build version is installed on both the computers?
    2. Are there any antivirus security software installed on the computer?
    3. What is the error message you encounter while accessing the computer on network sharing?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check and confirm the status of few settings, services and features with respect to Network Sharing in Windows 10, to do that, please refer to the reply posted by ‘Roohi_Taj
    from this thread and check if that works for you.

Additional Information.

File sharing over a network in Windows 10’.

Share things with nearby devices in Windows 10’.

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

File Sharing via network Not Working inWindows 10

1. File Sharing via network Not Working inWindows 10 - Similar Threads - File Sharing via

2. No Sound inWindows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound inWindows 10: I recently installed win10 pro on my HP 620, and it now doesn't play any sound. The hardware is fine and i have tried updating the sound drivers but nothing seems to work at all. all troubleshooting returns that It couldnt find any problem. Could anyone assist....
  3. Accessing shared files on desktop from laptop via the network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing shared files on desktop from laptop via the network: I have a desktop PC and a Laptop on my home network. Before 1803, I could share file using the network and sharing option. After the 1803 update when Homegroup was removed I could no longer access the computers in either direction without the Enter Network Credentials...
  4. Local file sharing via Ethernet network with Windows 10

Local file sharing via Ethernet network with Windows 10: I have a PC with upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 ver 1909 Build 18363.592. I also have a laptop with a new install Windows 10 Home ver 1903 build 18362.592. They are the only workstations on a home network connected via Ethernet. They both use Norton Internet...
  5. File and Network sharing not working properly on Windows 10

File and Network sharing not working properly on Windows 10: I have 3 computers on my private network, A, B and C. All are set the same for discovery and sharing. Computer B can access A and C. Computer C can access A and B. However computer A can access only C. What can cause this? Note: access = computer name shows in file...
  6. File Sharing on the network

File Sharing on the network: I want to share files with other specific users on our small LAN (7 PC's). Here is as far as I can get: I navigate to the file I want to share. Right click on the file Select Give access to Choose "Specific people" In Network Access I find my own sign-on is already...
  7. Help On File sharing via my computer network

Help On File sharing via my computer network: Please help. My old computer (windows 10) is failing so I bought a new and more powerful computer. I am to the point where I am trying to establish file sharing. With my old computers, I simply set all the file sharing setting the same on both computers and I can share files...
  8. Help with Network Sharing via Ethernet

Help with Network Sharing via Ethernet: Hi, I'm having problems with trying to share my Wi-Fi connection to another device via Ethernet. When I plug the cord in it says, "Unidentifiable network" and "no access type" If I run the troubleshooter, it says, "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"...
  9. Network File Sharing Is Not Working - Illustrated

Network File Sharing Is Not Working - Illustrated: (I wish illustrated better, but I hope these are sufficient.) I have three networked computers, named Dell-NB, Dell-380, Dell-660s. All three were upgraded to W10 from W7. None used a HomeGroup as W7 nor do they now as W10. All indicate “This computer can’t connect to a...
  10. network file sharing

network file sharing: I apologize if this is not allowed here and will understand if it gets removed. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction to resolve this. I need this for work. I don't want to have to buy a laptop with Windows just to do this. Thank you everyone. I am...